Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There is absolutely no way we're getting to #2 with nothing but an extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If we do I'll legally change my last name to Beane. This does make me wonder if Daniel Jeremiah has heard something about Indy though.

You're still undervaluing the double first this year! :D

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There is absolutely no way we're getting to #2 with nothing but an extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If we do I'll legally change my last name to Beane. This does make me wonder if Daniel Jeremiah has heard something about Indy though.

I don’t understand why people keep saying that? At this point it isn’t about numbers. It is about getting the guys that you want while getting extra assets. The Giants would be reluctant, but not because of the return. I think that they love Barkley. At 6 he may not be an option. If Gettleman is good with Barkley, Nelson or Chubb why wouldn’t he slide to 6 while picking up 22 & 65? I don’t care what the chart says (even though it favors the Giants) it makes sense for them. If they are set on Chubb or Barkley they have to get to 4.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Image result for mo from three stooges

I grew up watching the Stooges. They were great. The family members including heirs have fought long and hard over the branding and money rights. The legal wrangling became a generational battle. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I grew up watching the Stooges. They were great. The family members including heirs have fought long and hard over the branding and money rights. The legal wrangling became a generational battle. 

I have a soft spot for Shemp, the forgotten Stooge.

25 minutes ago, Chris in Syracuse said:

What about giving the Giants Shaq Lawson plus our 2 firsts and a second? I read it as a possibility somewhere.

If anything i could see Hughes being used in a trade up. I don't think Shaq has more than 4th round value. Hughes is probably worth a 2nd.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You're still undervaluing the double first this year! :D

I don't feel like doing the exact math, but considering what the Jets gave up to move up 3 spots that proposed trade is pretty far off. Supposedly there are about 20 1st round grades in this year's draft class. Pick 22 is probably worth less than it is in other years. And we already know pick 2 is worth more than it is in other years. There's a bunch of top 5 QB prospects and the Jets trade sets the floor.

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't feel like doing the exact math, but considering what the Jets gave up to move up 3 spots that proposed trade is pretty far off. Supposedly there are about 20 1st round grades in this year's draft class. Pick 22 is probably worth less than it is in other years. And we already know pick 2 is worth more than it is in other years. There's a bunch of top 5 QB prospects and the Jets trade sets the floor.

That Bills offer is worth 140.69 (150% of #2)

The Jets gave 136.27 (152% of #3)

It's not far off at all.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That Bills offer is worth 140.69 (150% of #2)

The Jets gave 136.27 (152% of #3)

It's not far off at all.

Hmm not gonna lie that's more points than I expected for that offer. If that's the trade we make and it's for Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold I'll be 100% on board. My gut tells me it's not enough regardless of what the chart says but I'd be happy to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to be honest, debating a value chart one way or the other is showing me the sake of debating to debate.

If the Bill's over par or somehow pull off a steal, as long as they get a franchise QB who gives a....

Are we going to look back and remember all those value points we gave up or saved?

No we will discuss the picks.

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm going to be honest, debating a value chart one way or the other is showing me the sake of debating to debate.

If the Bill's over par or somehow pull off a steal, as long as they get a franchise QB who gives a....

Are we going to look back and remember all those value points we gave up or saved?

No we will discuss the picks.

It’s a guide too. People get caught up in the numbers. Look at what the Dolphins traded for Dion Jordan vs. what the Redskins traded for RG3. Both teams traded to 2 but at a totally different price.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a guide too. People get caught up in the numbers. Look at what the Dolphins traded for Dion Jordan vs. what the Redskins traded for RG3. Both teams traded to 2 but at a totally different price.

Right, one was for a quarterback and one wasn't. There are premiums paid when trading up for a QB.

Edited by cle23