Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I think because of 1) durable 2) makes plays outside of structure 3) youngest (untapped potential) 4) high floor, won't be a bust so it's a safe pick

I think if you got into the nuts and bolts with these guys they would admit he is not the best QB in the draft.  he is just a very nice player and a safe pick

He is a nice player and reasonably safe. And, that is why Josh Allen is no go for me if Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold are available. You can win Super Bowls with guys who aren't necessarily the biggest, strongest- armed guys, protypical QBs.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Darnold/Stafford comparisons make some sense to me...

Stafford throws for a billion yards but also turns it over a lot. I think coaching can correct that a bit, though.

They seem somewhat similar personality wise too.

Edited by horned dogs

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

He is a nice player and reasonably safe. And, that is why Josh Allen is no go for me if Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold are available. You can win Super Bowls with guys who aren't necessarily the biggest, strongest- armed guys, protypical QBs.

with some of the other guys you are definitely trying to manage risk.  any of those other guys can be great but there's also a higher chance they will be busts.  the reasons given for Rosen don't bother me.  Mayfield, it's his size.  with Allen it's about 10 different things.  i think it's really hard to try and predict what they will be.  that's why i lean a little more towards what they are now.  Rosen is the best now imo

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

with some of the other guys you are definitely trying to manage risk.  any of those other guys can be great but there's also a higher chance they will be busts.  the reasons given for Rosen don't bother me.  Mayfield, it's his size.  with Allen it's about 10 different things.  i think it's really hard to try and predict what they will be.  that's why i lean a little more towards what they are now.  Rosen is the best now imo

Rosen (seems to me) is one big hit away from broken. When I look at him, he just looks tiny. 

Are there any small (210 at 6'3) drop back QB's who have survived? Especially Since I've read that he struggles with getting rid of the ball when need be. 

I think that his character concerns aren't a huge deal, but the question of "does he need football" is a valid one when you consider his injury history. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Rosen (seems to me) is one big hit away from broken. When I look at him, he just looks tiny. 

Are there any small (210 at 6'3) drop back QB's who have survived? Especially Since I've read that he struggles with getting rid of the ball when need be. 

I think that his character concerns aren't a huge deal, but the question of "does he need football" is a valid one when you consider his injury history. 

he's 226, he's bigger than Darnold and much bigger than Mayfield

from the combine:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-rosen?id=32462018-0002-5600-59bd-f150d938ca3e

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold?id=32462018-0002-5600-578a-86541c8f8891

almost an inch taller than Darnold, a few pounds heavier, longer arms, bigger hands

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he's 226, he's bigger than Darnold and much bigger than Mayfield

I stand corrected. I was quoting a bad source. 

Here are their combine measurements: 

Rosen: 6'4, 226lbs

Darnold: 6'3, 220lbs 

Mayfield: 6'1, 215lbs

That being said, I still would say that Rosen is smaller than those two given the height to weight ration and the fact alone that his build is much more "frail" or "slight"  (which is pretty evident in pictures/exactly what Daniel Jeremiah said on RE show yesterday.) 

Rosen also has (unless I am mistaken) missed significant time with concussions, which is worrisome.  

I did look up stats about sacks and it looks as if Rosen and Mayfield were both sacked 26 times last year, and Darnold was sacked 29 times. So I could be wrong in my idea that Rosen gets hit more. 

Edited by whatdrought

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really?  To me they couldn't be more different.  Stafford is all arm - he seems to lack a feel for the game and game situations.  Rarely comes up big with the game on the line.

Darnold has bad mechanics but, despite that, his ball placement is the best in this class.  And he's a natural leader, which Stafford really isn't.

Really?? Stafford has 32 career game winning drives (7th among active QBs, and nobody else in the top 10 is from 2009 or later) and he has 26 4th Quarter comebacks (T-4th among active QBs, and nobody else in the top 10 is from 2009 or later).

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Really?? Stafford has 32 career game winning drives (7th among active QBs, and nobody else in the top 10 is from 2009 or later) and he has 26 4th Quarter comebacks (T-4th among active QBs, and nobody else in the top 10 is from 2009 or later).

Yeah... Stafford is a stud with the game on his shoulders. Detroit should be in the running for the big dance every year, except that they seem incapable of providing a defense and a run game for Stafford to work with... 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That being said, I still would say that Rosen is much smaller than those two given the height to weight ration and the fact alone that his build is much more "frail" or "slight"  (which is pretty evident in pictures/exactly what Daniel Jeremiah said on RE show yesterday.) 

Rosen also has (unless I am mistaken) missed significant time with concussions, which is worrisome.  

he's 21, he can gain some size.  when i was 21 i could eat whatever i wanted and i stayed skinny.  now it's VERY easy to gain weight lol.  the concussions are an issue but i also think in the NFL they protect the QB's a lot better and he will learn to throw the ball away to stay safe like what Tom Brady is able to do

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he's 21, he can gain some size.  when i was 21 i could eat whatever i wanted and i stayed skinny.  now it's VERY easy to gain weight lol.  the concussions are an issue but i also think in the NFL they protect the QB's a lot better and he will learn to throw the ball away to stay safe like what Tom Brady is able to do

You could definitely be right. (though I have yet to see them protect a Bills QB) 

I really don't know about Rosen. 

My ranking is: 

Mayfield*

Rosen & Darnold 

Allen (though I have a sneaky feeling he could be great)

Rudolph 

Jackson 

* I even go back and forth on Mayfield because I, as a rule, prefer guys who use their play to talk for them, so his attitude concerns me a bit (just personally), but I think he has a passion that will serve him well.

If the bills take Rosen, he will be our guy and I will love it. Also, I was thinking the other day that Rosen might be nice because his political leanings and attitude is bound to get us some attention, which can be nice. 

Edited by whatdrought

I am listening to the John Dorsey press conference. He is so incredibly abrasive.

Ok they are definitely taking Darnold. He just went on about the importance of hand size and specifically said that Darnold’s hands were worrisome because of the Cleveland weather. Ok Buddy Nix. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am listening to the John Dorsey press conference. He is so incredibly abrasive.

Ok they are definitely taking Darnold. He just went on about the importance of hand size and specifically said that Darnold’s hands were worrisome because of the Cleveland weather. Ok Buddy Nix. 

Is this good or bad? I don't even remember now.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why go to those lengths to lie if you have the top pick?