Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Bills could just stay at 6 if they want Rosen. 

12 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

then they have to get to 2.  I think Jets would take him at 3 and definitely Broncos at 5

that's what they should do.  but they won't

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes.  I agreed with Yolo that if Bills want Rosen, they can probably get him at 6.  I want them to trade up to 2, because I prefer Darnold, though I would be okay with Rosen at 6.

Is anyone else concerned that an assumed move to 6, is just that, Assumed.

I'm concerned the Dolphins or Cards jumping ahead of us.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I’m not assuming they move to 6, but they can outbid those two teams to do so. Nothing is happening until draft day unless they move to 1 or 2 imo. They are really the only team that can get that high up, realistically.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

other teams know we want to move up and they know we can beat anyone elses offer.  if Miami says we want to trade up I would call Buffalo and say can you beat it?  knowing that they will

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I’m not that concerned because I think that a move ahead of us is too costly for either. If the Bills give 12, 53 and 96 (or 121 or a 2019 4th) to the Colts, Miami or Arizona will have to empty their assets. Miami will likely have to go 11, 42, 73 (and maybe more) to get in front of us. They wouldnt have a 2nd pick until 123. Arizona is probably 15, 47, 79 and 97. They wouldnt pick again until 134. The Bills can make it too expensive for those teams to get in front of them without gutting their own assets. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not assuming they move to 6, but they can outbid those two teams to do so. 

Usually agree with you. Your contradictory approach may indeed be correct that Darnold is their guy. Lots and lots of media types coming out today saying Allen going #1. Maybe they've been fed BS. I'm struggling with the lack of motivation to smokescreening.

He could stay at 1 and have either Allen or Darnold. Why make the hand issue an issue if you're going to draft Darnold at 1? The media will never let it drop once you draft him.

Usually agree with you. Your contradictory approach may indeed be correct that Darnold is their guy. Lots and lots of media types coming out today saying Allen going #1. Maybe they've been fed BS. I'm struggling with the lack of motivation to smokescreening.

He could stay at 1 and have either Allen or Darnold. Why make the hand issue an issue if you're going to draft Darnold at 1? The media will never let it drop once you draft him.

I don’t know but hand size has never been an issue for him before... KC has brutal weather at times too. Just seemed like way too calculated of a comment.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not that concerned because I think that a move ahead of us is too costly for either. If the Bills give 12, 53 and 96 (or 121 or a 2019 4th) to the Colts, Miami or Arizona will have to empty their assets. Miami will likely have to go 11, 42, 73 (and maybe more) to get in front of us. They wouldnt have a 2nd pick until 123. Arizona is probably 15, 47, 79 and 97. They wouldnt pick again until 134. The Bills can make it too expensive for those teams to get in front of them without gutting their own assets. 

I get that, but do you not worry about them moving up, ahead of the draft, and doing what the Jets did? It starts to really limit the options and drives the price up for 4 or 5. Or God forbid someone finds a way to 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I get that, but do you not worry about them moving up, ahead of the draft, and doing what the Jets did? It starts to really limit the options and drives the price up for 4 or 5. Or God forbid someone finds a way to 4 or 5.

Why would anyone take a deal from either of those teams before the draft though ? Miami is one pick ahead of the Bills and Arizona picks after them. They would want to wait to see if they get more from the Bills who clearly have more assets

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

What about the QBs drafted in GB while he was there?

I’m only looking at who he made the the call on. I know he comes from GB school but he wasn’t in charge.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No, because no team is going to make a move without calling the Bills first like @kdiggz said. The Bills are the rich guy at the auction. You want to keep him in the bidding. You aren’t accepting some lowball offer without checking his interest.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Let's presuppose Beane was surprised at the early trade by the Jets to move to 3.  He's definitely not going to get sucker-punched again.  I'm sure the Colts know it is in their best interest to bring any alternative trade to the Bills before pulling the trigger.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would anyone take a deal from either of those teams before the draft though ? Miami is one pick ahead of the Bills and Arizona picks after them. They would want to wait to see if they get more from the Bills who clearly have more assets

I’m only looking at who he made the the call on. I know he comes from GB school but he wasn’t in charge.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, because no team is going to make a move without calling the Bills first like @kdiggz said. The Bills are the rich guy at the auction. You want to keep him in the bidding. You aren’t accepting some lowball offer without checking his interest.

I just feel with all the talk about moving to 2 that we could get blindsided. Say for example, that the tradeup falls apart on draft day. Meanwhile someone else who assumes we have a deal to move, trades with say Denver or Indy to get into the Rosen sweepstakes. It could happen.

Edited by horned dogs

I also hate Dorsey’s approach if he’s being honest about it. It’s the opposite of Beane. He said he is drafting a Qb for the offensive packages they want to run. Beane says he’s drafting the best Qb regardless of “system” because you don’t know how long that system will be in place and you should run the offense toward the strengths of the QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but hand size has never been an issue for him before... KC has brutal weather at times too. Just seemed like way too calculated of a comment.

It is weird... I'll give you that for sure...B-)

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Let's presuppose Beane was surprised at the early trade by the Jets to move to 3.  He's definitely not going to get sucker-punched again.  I'm sure the Colts know it is in their best interest to bring any alternative trade to the Bills before pulling the trigger.

Not if they've assumed we are moving to 2 and it falls apart draft day. And, they've already moved out.

I just feel with all the talk about moving to 2 that we could get blindsided. Say for example, that the tradeup falls apart on draft day. Meanwhile someone else who assumes we have a deal to move, trades with say Denver or Indy to get into the Rosen sweepstakes. It could happen.

I do think the focus at this point should be securing 6.  I presume we have some kind of provisional understanding with the Giants regarding 2.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I do think the focus at this point should be securing 6.  I presume we have some kind of provisional understanding with the Giants regarding 2.

That's kinda my point, I wish we'd move sooner, even to 5. At least guarantee ourselves one of the top 4 QBs.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd rd too, small hands. I just don’t think he really believes in what he’s putting out there.

So your belief about the  hand size comment  is that they really want Darnold, and that someone else wants Allen (us?) and Dorsey wants to trade down, take his guy at 2, and get a boatload of picks.

• Like (+1) 1