Should The Bills Let Richie Incognito Out Of His Contract

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure last Summer Eric Wood

Kyle Williams ring a bell

TT ring a bell 

None of those players were given raises last year on existing contracts.

They were all extensions. 

You're really reaching to make a point, we just disagree. It's not really a right or wrong argument it's more of just a difference in beliefs.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

So he shows up and plays he gets paid. 

He doesnt he rots in the reserve retired list. 

Either way last moment i am spending on a 35 year old OG. 

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

None of those players were given raises.

They were all extensions. 

They are ALL Renogotiations team approched giving more money to a player that wasnt needed to be given 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Manther said:

Agreed.  At that point he and his agent (I am assuming) thought the money (after the pay cut) from the Bills was still more than he would get on the open market and/or/combination that staying in Buffalo for close to what he would get on the open market was worth it.

Couldn't agree more, bizarre turn of events, hard to imagine a team backing up the Brink's truck for him. I don't think the owners and GMs of the NFL would be to happy about the precedent it would set for other players to do the same thing Ritchie did. I know the NFL is competitive but all 32 owners are on the same team in many regards, some things are above football, these are very principled men we're talking about here.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cry me a river!  If you're so insulted to be offered $5.9M dollars to play football, just say "no", wait for your release, and sign somewhere else - see what the market brings you.

That's what I don't get.  The original contract had him at like $6.5M, which was reduced to $4.9M, but he got a $1M renegotiating bonus to put it at $5.9M.  So all of this BS is over $600K?

Just now, LittleJoeCartwright said:

That's what I don't get.  The original contract had him at like $6.5M, which was reduced to $4.9M, but he got a $1M renegotiating bonus to put it at $5.9M.  So all of this BS is over $600K?

Yes exactly.  Also if he wasn’t comfortable with the terms, he could have always said no.  They likely would have granted him his release, which is what he’s asking for now and probably will not get

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

A sharp stick in the eye?  If he felt he was one of the best, then he shouldn't have signed for less.

And Boldin's situation was the exact same.  "Retired," but clearly wanted to play for another team.  

Maybe he told his agents, let me know when its done. and don't bother me until then. I am sure Bills will be fair. ?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Exactly.  The Bills are not in the wrong, here.  In any way, shape or form.

agreed

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yes exactly.  Also if he wasn’t comfortable with the terms, he could have always said no.  They likely would have granted him his release, which is what he’s asking for now and probably will not get

I do not feel this is the issue We fans have made it.

something else is chafing his hide 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm ignorant here, educate me: do the other major professional sports in NA have team salary caps where injury guarantees etc fall under the cap?

Hockey has a lot of issues with contracts and injuries.

Here is an article.

https://www.quora.com/Does-an-NHL-player-receive-full-salary-on-injured-reserve

We probably should debate mental health professionals as hotly as we do quarterbacks on this board because the Bills appear to need the very best they can given the recent incidents involving Jones and Incognito. 

I think something has certainly happened with Incognito and the BIlls should get to the bottom of it before making any decisions on his contract.  I doubt even if the Bills released him that any NFL team would sign him.  Nobody is going to spend finite cap dollars on a guy who's clearly an emotional mess.

• Like (+1) 1