Predictions: Buffalo Bills 2019 record

I can see a small step back record wise. And that's ok. I think we will be competitive and a lot of fun to watch. With a new QB and offense...we may even score some points. 

I will say 7-9 with a lot of growth towards 2019. Between this off season getting a QB and next off-season having a good chunk of cap space the team will be built and be ready to take over the division when TB12*** retires.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That’s almost funny.  

You expect AJ to be worse than TT and then a drafted rookie to play to a similar record as AJ THEN win 11 games in 19???

What if the bills don’t draft a QB early on?

Yes I expect AJ to be worse than Tyrod. Not by much, but a little. And it is quite normal for rookies to struggle some their rookie year then take big jumps. See Wentz and Goff. 

This is just a bit of fun shouldn't be seen as a serious prediction at this stage. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I expect AJ to be worse than Tyrod. Not by much, but a little. And it is quite normal for rookies to struggle some their rookie year then take big jumps. See Wentz and Goff. 

This is just a bit of fun shouldn't be seen as a serious prediction at this stage. 

Sorry I don’t buy it.  

AJ is a QB while TT was faking it. 

Addition by subtraction.  

As in 17  McDermott will not quit on his starter until after 8 or 10 games.     For all the hype every QB has issues.  

If people can’t see how bad TT was they never will. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Bills sell the farm to trade up and draft one of the top prospect QB's. He refuses to report, demands to be traded, sits out season.

McCarron starts a few games, struggles. Peterman starts, throws 7 INT's in 1st half gets yanked, retires from football. 

McCoy, Clay, Benjamin, couple o-line starters all miss significant playing time, offense is leagues worst. 

By October fans interest turns to Sabres. By January fans thinking about NFL draft.

• Haha (+1) 2

Well we can start with 5 wins optimistically .. 2 vs. Dolphins .. 2 vs. Jets .. split with Pats in division.

Road Games  (non conference) - Win at Colts

Home Games .. we were 6-2 last year .. (non conference) - Wins against Jags (revenge game), Bears, Lions (dome team outdoors .. hope late in season).

So that gets us to 9 .. if we get swept by NE .. then 8 wins

If a QB shows up (McCarron or draft pick) .. then coin flips with Chargers (at home), Titans (at home)

Low prediction 7-9 ... high prediction 10-6 for 2018.  Again depending on QB and Tom Brady's eventual downfall.... only higher in 2019

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sorry I don’t buy it.  

Addition by subtraction.  

As in 17  McDermott will not quit on his starter until after 8 or 10 games.     For all the hype every QB has issues.  

And when he quit on the starter, he was wrong.......

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

6-10. We were easily the least talented team in the playoffs last season and our whopping 3 points in that game is the evidence. Whoever is at QB will likely struggle and if anyone honestly thinks we’ll be +11 again in T/O ratio, you’re fooling yourself. We don’t win 5 games last year without them.

The roster has been gutted of star players sans Shady. Talent wins.

As of today, What star player is missing from last years team for the 2018 season?

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ask me in 2019.  

10-6 in 2018. 

This is where I'm at. And I see a 10-6 that could peak near the end and win a game or two in the playoffs. Theoretically, they could pull back. If they do, I'll move that 10-6 to 2019 and answer the question of the original poster ... and raise it to 11-5. We have more talent than people here think and coaching showed they're good at getting the most out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

6-10. We were easily the least talented team in the playoffs last season and our whopping 3 points in that game is the evidence. Whoever is at QB will likely struggle and if anyone honestly thinks we’ll be +11 again in T/O ratio, you’re fooling yourself. We don’t win 5 games last year without them.

Yet a still winnable game in JAX that we blew. Not running the ball 1st and goal from the 2 was a pure head scratcher! That wasnt the only defining play post season for us but it sure was costly. We could of snuck into the second rd- then get bounced lol.

I see us at 8-8 this year possibly 9-7 however we have to get thru the draft/rest of FA to truly try and dial in a solid prediction- go Bills.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sorry I don’t buy it.  

Addition by subtraction.  

I was a Tyrod critic make no mistake and I am glad they moved on. I just don't particularly rate McCarron. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

19-0 !

The spirit of The Senator lives on !

19-0 damn straight, and we win the Pro Bowl !

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This staff (GM, Scouting, Coaching +++) has this team in good position I feel. Its good to see that the systems in place is vastly improved over any system we have had over the last 17 years prior. I think because I believe in the system and the process that we will scratch at another wild card and this year depends on how many draft picks we have to give up to "get our QB of future".

In short because I believe in the systems and the process very strongly I think we have struggles this year just like last year but in different ways. I think the team will be a big improvement due to FA and draft.

Another 9-7 year but if and I do say IF we hit this draft hard? then the future is glorious for the bills.

So 2019  will be better than 2018 is the consensus it seems :)

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

19-0

always the correct answer !
till it no longer is :P

If we keep all our picks and draft somebody like Rudolph/Jackson/White then we'll be in the 7-9 to 8-8 range the next three or so years.  We just can't get out of mediocrity without a franchise QB.

If we give up the farm to the #2 spot for Rosen (two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, next years 1st) then we'll be 5-11 this year and 11-5 the following year.  I have faith in Beane to improve this team with free agents (will have a ton of cap space) and a strong draft in 2019.  Also, Brady will be gone.

If we give up say a 2nd and a 3rd rounder to move up the the Bucs spot if Mayfield is on the board then we'll be 7-9 this year and 12-4 the following year.  Brady will be gone by then.

I like to make predictions without cheating.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think he was talking about the following year

but

It is interesting how people are setting themselves up for a low bar next year when we faced those exact same obsticals LAST year and still found a way to win games........

The Defense should be better

The offense was not good last year except for the parts that have been consistantly good and will be good again this year.......if the passing game starts to click and we start generating points we could easily match last years wins