We should have kept Taylor... (TSW Mock draft related...)

7 hours ago, billspro said:

The Bills are not taking Jackson. If you watch the tape he has some development to even become as good of a passer as Tyrod. The Bills want to be able to throw the ball all over the field, they are not going to pick a QB that has a very high percentage of sailed passes over WRs heads. I will be shocked if Jackson goes before the mid 20's.

If you want real evidence:

1) The Bills were not at Jacksons pro day

2) Jackson has not been on a predraft visit

Smokescreen?

They have been talking about a big pocket QB that will stay in the pocket after multiple reads so I do not see them taking Jackson. I agree we should have just kept Tyrod if Jackson is who they draft. I do not want a younger version of Tyrod. If after all this they end up with Jackson I will be disappointed in this staff. 

46 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

The Jackson / Tyrod comparison is one of the laziest in the draft. If you actually watch Lamar you realise they arent similar at all. Jackson is an aggressive player wheras Tyrod is one of the most conservative ever. Tyrod only ever throws to wide open receivers whereas Jackson actual understand how to throw receivers open

/thread.  

They didn't trade Tyrod to draft Lamar Jackson.

That would be stupid.

50 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Tyrod only ever throws to wide open receivers whereas Jackson actual understand how to throw receivers open

Let's not get carried away here.

8 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

Reallly! Now ,,,we are stuck with our beloved Bills, picking Lamar at 12, rendering us virtually a guy with same traits, only that a rookie at it, which is a downgrade!

Alcohol’s a hell of a drug. 

9 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

Reallly! Now ,,,we are stuck with our beloved Bills, picking Lamar at 12, rendering us virtually a guy with same traits, only that a rookie at it, which is a downgrade!

Should not have kept Taylor and the Bills are not drafting Jackson.

Getting rid of a non pocket QB just to draft another non pocket QB would be career suicide for McD and Beane and they are too smart to do that IMO.

Edited by PeterGriffin

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I think there are more inane, pointless threads started in April than in the other 11 months combined.   It makes waiting for the draft worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid.

And the Pope tried to tell us there's no Hell....

10 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

I’d rather see Uncle Rico play QB for the Bills instead of Tyrod Taylor.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Carter said:

He must trade up and get his QB. His job depends on it. 

If that's really true, then this team is really in trouble.  There was an article just the other days showing that in drafts with over 5 QB's taken in first round, 33% turned out to be franchise QB's, 38% were busts or close to it.  so if you only have a 1 in 3 shot at finding the right guy, to be fired over making the wrong choice is crazy.  

I truly believe TP doesn't like constant change, so the front office will stick around as long as he sees overall improvement in the roster.  If every position on the team is improved except stil ldon't have the QB right, will be given more chances to figure it out.