Bruuuuuuce!!!! #2 on all time best #1 picks

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000797366

A few of us here were lucky enough to watch Bruce play in his prime.  NFL.com article lists him as 2nd best all time #1 pick only surpassed by Peyton.   

Damn right we were lucky. What Bruce did out of a primarily 3-4 is what separates him from the pack, among many other things. Back in the day we used to be able to get all the way down in the stands to watch warmups and still to this day I remember Bruce being the biggest, baddest man alive. The GOAT of the Dline, forever and ever! 

OJ should have been 3rd.  He was far better than Aikman and Bradshaw at his position.  OJ is in the conversation for greatest RB of all time.  Those two aren't even close.

Mario Williams is also too low.  Probably ten spots too low.  

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It does but 

But that doesn't mean 34 ends can't be very very productive . Watt has had multiple seasons of 20.5 sacks and another 17.5 season 

I don't believe playing 43 end adds 40 more sacks to his career ... maybe he gets 15- 20 over his career 

regardless he is the best 34 end of all time

Compare other 34 ends numbers to his.  It's not even close.  But another poster told me he didn't play end.  I have never looked into that though.

Bruuuuuce was amazing. Still grateful for the chance to watch him play on our team for so many years. But he was also a divisive player in his time, often looking for more money, "injured" at times and had a tendency to fall asleep behind the wheel. All that withstanding, I am so glad he has embraced the team in his legacy years now.

14 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Imagine if he played in a 4-3! His numbers would have been even more obscene! All time favorite defensive player bar none.

the best Bills teams were a 3-4

13 hours ago, Commonsense said:

His hit on Boomer is something I will never forget.

Gargantua vs Chicken Little.

Muhammed Ali vs Pee Wee Herman.

Bruce Smith vs Boomer Esiason.

Anthony Munoz once threatened to kill Boomer himself if he didn't stop trash talking Bruce because he was having to deal with the fallout.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

the best Bills teams were a 3-4

The 3-4 is terrible for pass rushing DEs.  What Bruce did in a 3-4 with a crappy DC was amazing.

IMO, he is the best player in franchise history.  He is the most dominant Bill to ever play for us.  Dude was an animal. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He definitely played end lol

That's what I said.  They said that he didn't play a regular 34 DE position, but I remember him constantly getting double and sometimes triple teamed.  The only tackle I ever saw that could hold their own against him was Tony Boselli.

20 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Bruce was in a world of his own. I firmly believe he is the greatest defensive lineman of all time.

No, that was Reggie White, but Bruce was a hell of a football player and probably the best Buffalo Bill of all time not named OJ simpson.

18 hours ago, Commonsense said:

His hit on Boomer is something I will never forget.

Unfortunately not a legit play, since it was a false start where no one heard the whistle.

I'd put Bruce at #1.  He's the GOAT, Peyton isn't.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead