Craziest Draft you've ever seen?

So, with all the noise, moves, new GM's/ HC's, trades,etc this year, I was thinking that THIS is the craziest draft I can honestly remember in my 43 years( 30+ as a die hard Bill's fan). 

So I thought it would be cool to break up the monotnomy on the boards and pose a question of what everyone's memories are of the craziest draft in their lifetime, but more importantly, why?

A lot of big-time moves have happened in my memory. Manning/River's trade. Ricky Williams. Hell, even Herschel Walker. Anybody care to share their thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

Crazy reality was the VIkings unintentionally letting the clock run out on their first pick two years in a row.

The Jets taking as their first pick someone who was laughingly way down the depth chart of every other team, the papers were rattling as everyone dove in to find how he was a later round pick unanimously, he had a decent career with the Jets.

• Like (+1) 5

I don’t know, does it just seem

crazier to us because the Bills are in the thick of things with all our stockpiled picks? Like, was it this crazy for Eagles fans a few years ago when their GM kept moving up and up and up to get Wentz?

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Crazy reality was the VIkings unintentionally letting the clock run out on their first pick two years in a row.

Good one.

I'll throw out Ditka trading away his draft for Ricky Williams...and rocking the dreads.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Jets taking as their first pick someone who was laughingly way down the depth chart of every other team, the papers were rattling as everyone dove in to find how he was a later round pick unanimously, he had a decent career with the Jets.

Yeah, wth was that?? Lol

I think a part of it is that the top picks no longer command massive salaries that burden an organization for years.   They are still big, but they are manageable.  You can afford the risk.  A few years ago it was almost a curse to have a high pick.  Before you got a Sam Bradford at 6years/78M with 50M guaranteed.  Now you get a Mitchell Trubinsky at 4 years 29M with 19M guaranteed.  Much more palatable if your highly touted QB looks like...well Mitchell Trubinsky.

This year so far has been insane. I can’t wait till the draft and find out what McBean will pull off and what our team is going to look like next year! I hope one of the top 5 QBs and not giving up a crazy amount in a trade. 

2000 Draft.

I was sitting next to Bill Polian and I was banging on the table for the Bills to pick this upstart QB from Michigan.

Only me and Bill had a first round grade on him. He turned out ok. We ended up with Erik Flowers, Travaris Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black, Sammy Morris and Leif Larsen instead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I have tickets to attend day 1 in person.  Chiefs don't have a day 1 pick (as of now at least) but I can't wait to see how this whole thing goes down...should be alot of manuevering day 1 for QB etc....can't wait to see it live.

• Like (+1) 1