Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Get rid of the 2nd and first next year MAYBE.. but Gronk and #23 gets them the 2nd pick. I doubt they go there.. I see D being picked on both picks and a QB in the 2nd round and another TE. 

Could be Gronk's last year - trade him while you can.

Just now, Looper said:

Could be Gronk's last year - trade him while you can.

I can see it happening.. just not BB being fleeced for #2 overall. The Giants could thinknwith Gronk on that O they improved enough their be a SB contender. I don’t see BB giving 3 first a second and a HOF Talent for #2

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

How are they going to fill their holes?

Rams had a hole at receiver.

They just filled it with a 24 year old receiver with 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seaons. 

On paper, it hurts the Patriots, so I love the move. Draft picks don't mean jack until you do something with them. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Rams now have Cooks in a contract year at $8.459 million for 2018. Based on the WR market, fair to reason that Pats would've been unlikely to extend him.

Mother :censored:er

Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Rams were actively looking at ways to replace Sammy Watkins, and Brandin Cooks, on paper, represents an upgrade. Sean McVay's been eyeing Cooks for while -- Source says Rams and Saints talked trade last year.

He'd have to be 5th on the team in receptions for Cooks to outperform Watkins. Gonna be tough.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Get rid of the 2nd and first next year MAYBE.. but Gronk and #23 gets them the 2nd pick. I doubt they go there.. I see D being picked on both picks and a QB in the 2nd round and another TE. 

No one's going to give up much to trade for a guy who is going on his last season in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The more I think about this the dumber it seems. What is it with Les Snead and trading for overrated receivers in their last contract year? This move is so weird.

Dumb.

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Rams were actively looking at ways to replace Sammy Watkins, and Brandin Cooks, on paper, represents an upgrade. Sean McVay's been eyeing Cooks for while -- Source says Rams and Saints talked trade last year.

He's a slight upgrade.  But even with Tommy Boy, he barely eclipsed 1,000 yards.  Again, dumb.

• Like (+1) 1