If Allen Goes 1st Overall is the Season Already Over?

Season Over if Allen Goes #1  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Season Over if Allen Goes #1?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

An accurate report from a "friend" of Dorsey stating his own opinion?

Just more speculation

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I don't ever believe in giving up a season.  You just do what you can and let things play out.  I don't like a defeatist mentality.

If the Browns actually get a franchise QB this year you have to think tanking is worth everything. You look at the Browns roster and look at what they could add after the draft....

They could easily have turned the corner.

It would be fine. I see Allen as an NFL bust and perennial backup. Darnold will be the best qb from this class. If he falls to 2 then that will at least give us a chance to deal with Gettleman. If the Giants covet Sam which they should than we have to pray the Jets don't draft Mayfield.  I would NEVER trade up for Allen, Rosen or Jackson. 

There is not way of knowing if Gettleman would take a QB at 2.  I believe Gettleman is just drumming up the price for 2.  They will want a ransom or they will take Darnold.  They hold all the cards here.  Until the Giants are on the clock the price wont reach its largest figure.  The next guess is who does the Giants value positional wise?  Chubb, Nelson?  Maybe Buffalo trades up for either of those guys and trade the players once they know you have their guy.  There is many outcomes but i do not expect them to playout until they are on the clock and there is no doubt who is available.  PR wise Beane is going to wait for the draft to trade so they can say we moved up for x player and x player only.  

Edited by Mat68

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

If the Browns actually get a franchise QB this year you have to think tanking is worth everything. You look at the Browns roster and look at what they could add after the draft....

They could easily have turned the corner.

If they draft Allen they're screwed for the next 4-5 years. 

Otherwise their roster could be really good. They should have made a huge run at Cousins and kept all their picks. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

I think no matter who goes #1 you should leave.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Very, very doubtful that that happens.

Based on what?  The fact he played very well when called upon to step in for Dalton?  Based on the fact he came back from a large deficit against the steelers in a playoff game?  A playoff game they would have wom if it was not for idiots on their defence.