Baker Mayfield

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not buying this. They’ve admitted they are blowing smoke and Mayfield fits the McBean dna the least. 

Last year all the Bills picks were 4 year starters and team captains. Baker is the only one that fits that profile. He is also similar to Cam in terms of behavior. 

• Like (+1) 9

4 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

You could just cover up the name and "Rename" the Jersey...

I’ll wear my “Mayfield” jersey on draft day. I’ll either look like I’m the first one on the band wagon or a giant tool. I’m fine either way. 

Edited by Batman1876
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

At this point who the hell knows.....but I'll say this, while I'm not a big Mayfield fan because I think his stupid antics are childish behavior are causes for concern - in that can he mature and grow into a true NFL leader of men on and off the field - and I'm concerned even more about his ability to pass from a collapsing pocket that doesn't have a 3 yard circumference to pass from, you can't ignore that he has good arm strength, good accuracy, and real tenacity to compete. Those are things I can support. As for the rest, I have to hope he can be smarter, mature, and of course that he'll be able to pass from a dirty pocket (ooooooh, that sounded like a Vegas strip club :D).....

And in the end, I don't understand people who say, "If the Bills Draft ______, I'm so done with this team!".....the Bills Draft him, I will support him until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Whether I agree, like or dislike the selection, because at the end of the day, he hasn't even worn the jersey on the field yet, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. This also goes for if the Bills stand pat at 12 and take a MLB like Smith and keep all their picks....either way, Beane and company have my vote of confidence...IMHO, they've earned it.

NO! :angry:

They do some sort of grandpa Buddy Nix BS dumbass off point put you to sleep pick with our first one, Oh man. 

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I don't believe that for a second. I'm not sure why but I'm having a hard time putting any faith into Jeremy White's "sabres guy." If anything that would be them admitting defeat and saying they would take him if that's all that's left if they can't trade up to the top 5. Or a smoke screen to get Allen or Rosen to fall. I like Mayfield and think he can be very good but I don't think anyone at the top "covets" him when there are other better built QB's with more natural talent. Maybe they like his attitude and his commitment. It fits their underdog mentality. But they would only take him if that's all that's left imo

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

There really isn't a better fit in this draft than Baker and Buffalo.

Baker is the one player that I will be legit angry and disappointed if the Bills don't get him on draft day.

Because he’s so much like Tyrod? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not buying this. They’ve admitted they are blowing smoke and Mayfield fits the McBean dna the least. 

I think he fits the DNA pretty well.  He may not be a choir boy like Darnold, but you won't find anyone more competitive and more dedicated to winning in this draft than Baker Mayfield.  Personally I don't think it is the end of the world that he got arrested.  He was a drunk college kid and he made a mistake.  There are plenty of very good and successful people who have made similar mistakes when they were young. 

If he had stolen or beaten up a woman then yes, I wouldn't want him to come here because that would tell you a lot about the quality of person he is.  If you are in your early 20's and beating up women, you are likely a scumbag for life.  Getting drunk and running from the police is not a good look, but I don't think it is a great indicator of the type of character Baker Mayfield has.  All of his teammates seem to love  him and I think that is a truer indicator of the type of person he is.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

If Mayfield comes here, he would definitely be electric to the city.  Mayfield would embrace Bills Mafia and he would get the fans pumped during the games.

and mayfield now has his first stalker.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Baker screams Jets to me.  IMO.

I tend to believe the Woody Johnson Trump stuff is real with Rosen.  I've seen Mort and other guys say the QBs will go off the board Darnold - Allen - Mayfield - Rosen.  Baker absolutely feels like a Jets pick, the guy who'll grab the headlines.

I think it's pretty clear everything hinges on the Giants.  If they take a QB, I think it's panic time.  If they pass, there's a chance Denver passes too and leaves us with 2 guys we could potentially like and a very manageable move up the draft board.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

At this point who the hell knows.....but I'll say this, while I'm not a big Mayfield fan because I think his stupid antics are childish behavior are causes for concern - in that can he mature and grow into a true NFL leader of men on and off the field - and I'm concerned even more about his ability to pass from a collapsing pocket that doesn't have a 3 yard circumference to pass from, you can't ignore that he has good arm strength, good accuracy, and real tenacity to compete. Those are things I can support. As for the rest, I have to hope he can be smarter, mature, and of course that he'll be able to pass from a dirty pocket (ooooooh, that sounded like a Vegas strip club :D).....

And in the end, I don't understand people who say, "If the Bills Draft ______, I'm so done with this team!".....the Bills Draft him, I will support him until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Whether I agree, like or dislike the selection, because at the end of the day, he hasn't even worn the jersey on the field yet, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. This also goes for if the Bills stand pat at 12 and take a MLB like Smith and keep all their picks....either way, Beane and company have my vote of confidence...IMHO, they've earned it.

Actually, Vegas takes pride in their strip clubs. Very classy. 

• Like (+1) 1