Dear Allen Supporters...

Scorp83

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

If they take a WR again before we even have a QB then I'll say goodbye to another regime. I'm going to say not a chance they pass up a QB, none.

We don’t need A quarterback, we need the right quarterback. I don’t want them to take a QB just because one is there. If they see a potential franchise QB in this draft then they will likely have to trade up to get him and I hope they do if it’s not too costly. 

Don’t take a QB just to say you did. And if you can't get the QB you want in round 1, start building the team around McCarron/Peterman and a round 2 or 3 QB if there is one that might fit.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen is going to be a great QB, I think Rudolph will be an above average starter too. Both players get criticized wrongfully IMO. People will defend players like Lamar Jackson with his whopping 13 points, to bad there isn't an affirmative action for wonderlic tests. Meanwhile Allen and Rudolph triple Jackson's score yet people still defend the guy when intellectually he can't compete with 99% of the QBs in this class but yeah, keep criticizing Allen and Rudolph.

OMG two words after mocking his test score you show how you'd score lower.  If you had left out the word "points", you would have set a world record.  Dang.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Allow my guy Chris Brown to provide some facts on Allen. If he was at 12... the Bills will draft Calvin Ridley before they take Allen! It's just common sense. Some of you have to pay attention the way this front office works. If there is one person the Bills are not interested in... That's Josh Allen. & that's not opinion...its a fact!

03-26 John Murphy Show HR 2 - Chris Brown destroys Allen

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

5 hours ago, MJS said:

You need to review the definitions of 'fact' and 'opinion' one more time.

Yep.

5 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Was just thinking the same. 

Yep.

Only "fact" here is that this guy knows nothing about what he's trying to claim is "fact".

None of the guys do, really, nor do any of us.

5 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen is going to be a great QB, I think Rudolph will be an above average starter too. Both players get criticized wrongfully IMO. People will defend players like Lamar Jackson with his whopping 13 points, to bad there isn't an affirmative action for wonderlic tests. Meanwhile Allen and Rudolph triple Jackson's score yet people still defend the guy when intellectually he can't compete with 99% of the QBs in this class but yeah, keep criticizing Allen and Rudolph.

Look, Jackson is not my first choice and I'm one who has admittedly come around on Jackson after reading and watching and listening to a lot more than the usual tired narratives regarding his play, so I put that out there to keep in mind when I say this next statement: the bolded portion of your comment is borderline racist.

There have been others who have come close to insinuating such a thing and I've said nothing, because a comment without context can be taken many ways and I would not want someone to jump to conclusions about me, so I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But you sir, came to the line and stepped right over it. By making this comment you clearly are taking race into the equation and then insinuating he lacks the mental acumen to achieve in the NFL (fine) but that is somehow with affirmative action his score would be adjusted making race the issue (not fine, IMO).

As for Rudolph, I've also been on record - and to the point in the eating crow thread done a while back - that if he isn't successful in 2 full years of playing in the NFL, meaning not sitting for a year because I think he needs that, I will be happily coming back here to eat my crow pie because I think he will be quite good.

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Jackson completed how many of his passes? I honestly have a hard time thinking that any QB in the draft scored lower on the wonderlic than Jackson. It shows that he will never be a pocket QB that will dissect you with his arm, first sign of trouble he is going to make a run for it.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on how he picked his mom to be his agent, that is beyond stupid. He is 22 years old and has his mommy do everything for him still. The fact that he doesn't have an NFL agent shows a complete lack of judgement for an athlete playing the most intellectually demanding positions in sports. Teams can't even schedule a dinner with him.

The fact that you have him above Allen is downright hysterical. At this point I don't even want to draft Jackson period, not even in the 2nd-3rd round.

And this statement reveals your ignorance of his game as much as your previous statement reveals your ignorance toward people in general. He did not run at the "first sign of trouble", and in fact there are many videos doing a good breakdown - see Cover1 - that show him scrambling within the pocket to pass the ball. Coach Petrino coached him specifically for that purpose this year. The two years prior and I agree, but development is a key component of any NFL player, especially QB, so being coachable and seeing progress or development is key. This kid will play QB in the NFL and if he goes to a team that will work on his footwork mechanics, he will be a good to great QB at some point. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Look, Jackson is not my first choice and I'm one who has admittedly come around on Jackson after reading and watching and listening to a lot more than the usual tired narratives regarding his play, so I put that out there to keep in mind when I say this next statement: the bolded portion of your comment is borderline racist.

There have been others who have come close to insinuating such a thing and I've said nothing, because a comment without context can be taken many ways and I would not want someone to jump to conclusions about me, so I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But you sir, came to the line and stepped right over it. By making this comment you clearly are taking race into the equation and then insinuating he lacks the mental acumen to achieve in the NFL (fine) but that is somehow with affirmative action his score would be adjusted making race the issue (not fine, IMO).

As for Rudolph, I've also been on record - and to the point in the eating crow thread done a while back - that if he isn't successful in 2 full years of playing in the NFL, meaning not sitting for a year because I think he needs that, I will be happily coming back here to eat my crow pie because I think he will be quite good.

And this statement reveals your ignorance of his game as much as your previous statement reveals your ignorance toward people in general. He did not run at the "first sign of trouble", and in fact there are many videos doing a good breakdown - see Cover1 - that show him scrambling within the pocket to pass the ball. Coach Petrino coached him specifically for that purpose this year. The two years prior and I agree, but development is a key component of any NFL player, especially QB, so being coachable and seeing progress or development is key. This kid will play QB in the NFL and if he goes to a team that will work on his footwork mechanics, he will be a good to great QB at some point. 

ENCORE!!! BRAVO!!! I'm standing and clapping to this post!!! The blatant BIGOTRY by some of the posters is downright depressing. Lamar is as hard a worker at his craft than any of the others. By the way, he has a message for you doubters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Allen averaged a putrid 4.4 ypa vs power 5 teams.  He has NO consistent 

Anticipation 

Accuracy 

Awareness 

Timing

Most importantly these problems stem from the internal clock in his head that's borderline unteachable on any level. The mental part of the gm is the most important factor in playing QB at a high level. He just doesn't have it.  He's a project QB at best and because of his arm strength should go starting in the 3rd rd. But obviously there's coaches and GMs that think they can fix em and they will reach high and take him early in the 1st. Whomever that team is there front office will not last long Allen will cost them there jobs.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Allen is going to be really good.  I've seen enough people who have no clue what they are talking about rip him down and on the flip side people whose opinion I respect talk highly of him.  The guy has the physical tools to get something positive out of a bad play and when he's on he's hands down better than the other guys in this class.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I think Allen is going to be really good.  I've seen enough people who have no clue what they are talking about rip him down and on the flip side people whose opinion I respect talk highly of him.  The guy has the physical tools to get something positive out of a bad play and when he's on he's hands down better than the other guys in this class.  

No doubt about the young man's potential....it really is about coaching for him at the NFL level and if those coaches will be able to adjust his mechanics to make him more accurate. And despite what some believe, having NFL quality Offensive line and receivers will help a bit also....it won't change everything, but it will help him along. 

10 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

No doubt about the young man's potential....it really is about coaching for him at the NFL level and if those coaches will be able to adjust his mechanics to make him more accurate. And despite what some believe, having NFL quality Offensive line and receivers will help a bit also....it won't change everything, but it will help him along. 

Concerns about his completion percentage are highly overrated IMO.  He's not running anything like Baker was at Oklahoma, Wyoming runs a vertical offense with subpar skill talent, he was asked to do A LOT more than some of these kids coming out.  If you do podcasts listen to "Move the Sticks" (Bucky and Jeremiah) 360 podcast on him, it's really good.  Push aside the noise and the people who clearly are just parroting critiques and it's hard not to be very interested in this kid.  He would fit our culture and the city of Buffalo like a glove.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Jackson completed how many of his passes? I honestly have a hard time thinking that any QB in the draft scored lower on the wonderlic than Jackson. It shows that he will never be a pocket QB that will dissect you with his arm, first sign of trouble he is going to make a run for it.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on how he picked his mom to be his agent, that is beyond stupid. He is 22 years old and has his mommy do everything for him still. The fact that he doesn't have an NFL agent shows a complete lack of judgement for an athlete playing the most intellectually demanding positions in sports. Teams can't even schedule a dinner with him.

The fact that you have him above Allen is downright hysterical. At this point I don't even want to draft Jackson period, not even in the 2nd-3rd round.

Jackson is not my first choice, but this is just untrue. Watch some film breakdowns of him done by people that know more than either of us about the position. You will see a ton of examples of Lamar standing firm in the pocket, looking through multiple reads and throwing a catchable ball in the face of pressure. He even does some Brady-like moves in the pocket, taking small but effective steps up or away from pressure while still keeping his feet set and his eyes downfield, and reading the whole field.  He generally doesn't take off to run unless there is legitimately nobody open and his time in the pocket has expired, and he uses that to create some mind blowing plays. 

Now I'm not saying he's Brady or even close, just that the film disagrees with your assessment. He's a passer first with an amazing ability to run when the play breaks down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Check this out .. granted a couple of years old ... but kind of tells a lot I think in terms of scores for the position  ... Jackson's score doesn't help him when compared to below.  Didn't know Tyrod's score till I pulled this.  Not sure if connected ... but could illustrate why he couldn't see beyond the first receiver in a progression?

Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer USC 2003 (1) 26
Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Boston College 2008 (3) 32
Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Delaware 2008 (18) 27
Buffalo Bills Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech 2011 (180) 15
Carolina Panthers Cam Newton Auburn 2011 (1) 21
Chicago Bears Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame 2010 (48) 23
Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton TCU 2011 (35) 29
Cleveland Browns Josh McCown Sam Houston State 2002 (81) 30
Dallas Cowboys Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State 2012 (22) 27
Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Tennessee 1998 (1) 28
Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford Georgia 2009 (1) 38
Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers Cal 2005 (24) 35
Houston Texans Ryan Mallett Arkansas 2011 (74) 26
Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck Stanford 2012 (1) 37
Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles UCF 2014 (3) 28
Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith Utah 2005 (1) 40
Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M 2012 (8) 34
Minnesota Vikings Teddy Bridgewater Louisville 2014 (32) 20
New England Patriots Tom Brady University of Michigan 2000 (199) 33
New Orleans Saints Drew Brees Louisiana Tech 2004 (106) 28
New York Giants Eli Manning Ole Miss 2004 (1) 39
New York Jets Ryan Fitzpatrick Harvard 2005 (250) 48
Oakland Raiders Derek Carr Fresno State 2014 (36) 20
Philadelphia Eagles Sam Bradford Oklahoma 2010 (1) 36
Pittsburgh Steelers Michael Vick Virginia Tech 2001 (1) 20
San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers NC State 2004 (4) 30
San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick Nevada 2011 (36) 37
Seattle Seahawks Russell Wilson Wisconsin 2012 (75) 28
St. Louis Rams Nick Foles Arizona 2012 (88) 29
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jameis Winston Florida State 2015 (1) 27
Tennessee Titans Marcus Mariota Oregon 2015 (2) 33
Washington Redskins Kirk Cousins Michigan State 2012 (102) 33

Fitzie's 48 makes me laugh 

8 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Allow my guy Chris Brown to provide some facts on Allen. If he was at 12... the Bills will draft Calvin Ridley before they take Allen! It's just common sense. Some of you have to pay attention the way this front office works. If there is one person the Bills are not interested in... That's Josh Allen. & that's not opinion...its a fact!

03-26 John Murphy Show HR 2 - Chris Brown destroys Allen

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

If Chris Brown is saying the Bills dont like a guy on March 29, then you can rest assured the Bills LOVE him.

Brown is a nice little mouthpiece used by the FO to put out the info they want out there. NOT necessarily the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Let me tell you who I will support....Whomever the Bills draft....I'm a Bills fan, that's what we do.

Yep.

I remember when Kelly was drafted and when he actually came to Buffalo later.  That excited me.

The drafting of any of these QBs will fail to excite me the way Kelly did.

But I'll support any of them and hope for the best.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Actually the only draft gurus that like Allen are the mainstream guys like Kiper, Mayock and Bucky but not much after that. 

Actually the only draft gurus that like Allen are the mainstream guys like Kiper, Mayock and Bucky but not much after that. 

So you are admitting that the biggest names associated with college football draft picks are high on the guy. Got it. 

So you are admitting that the biggest names associated with college football draft picks are high on the guy. Got it. 

Wow, if I say it twice it really does make more sense. 

The fact is... this front office don't leak anything out! Nothing! So why in the world would even be interested in Josh Allen...? They are going out of their way to tell anyone who will listen. Then you have every expert almost assuring the next move is for him...why? If they were interested in him, you would hear "Bills love Baker Mayfield or Bills Love Lamar Jackson" you hear anything about Allen, like you do with Mayfield & Jackson. 

That's not an opinion, it's the way they operate & that my friends...is fact!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scorp83 said:

The fact is... this front office don't leak anything out! Nothing! So why in the world would even be interested in Josh Allen...? They are going out of their way to tell anyone who will listen. Then you have every expert almost assuring the next move is for him...why? If they were interested in him, you would hear "Bills love Baker Mayfield or Bills Love Lamar Jackson" you hear anything about Allen, like you do with Mayfield & Jackson. 

That's not an opinion, it's the way they operate & that my friends...is fact!

So by your logic, just because there is a lack of interest being reported by the Bills they must want Allen? Hell, they aren’t talking about me, does that mean I’m getting drafted? 

Besides, hopefully they do draft him. If nothing more, I just to see you get all mad