Josh Rosen’s coach said he would take Darnold 1st

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I watched the whole thing live... he did not bash Rosen at all and even said he was the most talented QB in the draft

all he said was that Darnold fits Clevelands personality better

jeez people read way into things... he gushed about Rosen 

What does better fit even mean at the QB position? If he’s the best qb in the draft he should go 1st and his coach should endorse that. 

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

It drives me nuts when people say the uncoachable part is draft talk and smokescreen BS. Before the kid even got out of HS, coaches hated him. 

Stay away, far away. 

Can you give a citation for his coaches hating him?

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I guess you could reach that conclusion. CLE is much more like BUF than SoCal . Rosen might not be a " fit" in WNY either. 

If they are willing to go this far I wouldn't put it past him to tank the interview and private workouts with the Browns and Bills on purpose with hopes of going to Giants or Broncos

11 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Wow, he is basically reinforcing the narrative that Rosen is spoiled and not likable.

There are like 10 other interviews where he says Rosen is a great kid and he has slept on his couch etc. Honestly, I'm surprised he said this... but I don't think the take away is he does not like Rosen. I actly think that is a bit of a low blow Albright took. I think it just means at the end of the day Darnold is more Cleveland esq than Rosen. Nothing wrong w that.  We also have no idea what the context was...

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

What does better fit even mean at the QB position? If he’s the best qb in the draft he should go 1st and his coach should endorse that. 

Literally that's all he said... if anything he is protecting Rosen trying to send him to the Giants

He said Darnolds personality would be loved in Cleveland and Rosen fits better in NY with the Giants ... that's really all

This guy will be dropping like a lead ballon. He will be picked no sooner then 15th by Arizona. This guy is falling like son of a gun. Where there is some smoke there’s lots of fire. The guy is a prima dona like Ryan Leaf. No way he ends up as a Buffalo Bill. He does not fit our culture or are city. He is certainly not a leader of men. He’s a spoiled rich kid J.P. Losman all over again. This dude is imposing like Dan Marino did he will he lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This guy will be dropping like a lead ballon. He will be picked no sooner then 15th by Arizona. This guy 

is falling like son of a gun. Where there is some there’s lots of fire. The guy is a prima dona like Ryan Leaf. No way he ends up as a Buffalo Bill. He does not fit our culture or are city. He is certainly not a leader of men. He’s a spoiled rich kid J.P. Losman all over again. 

B.c he told his coach to not say he should go to Cleveland the place where all QBs go to die?

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This guy will be dropping like a lead ballon. He will be picked no sooner then 15th by Arizona. This guy 

is falling like son of a gun. Where there is some there’s lots of fire. The guy is a prima dona like Ryan Leaf. No way he ends up as a Buffalo Bill. He does not fit our culture or are city. He is certainly not a leader of men. He’s a spoiled rich kid J.P. Losman all over again. 

Tree falling in the woods in 3, 2, 1....

Poof...

Lot of people blowing this up into something it's not, and reading into it.

Mora only talks about Darnold. Complimenting Darnold =/= Insulting Rosen.

Heck, trying to convince Cleveland to take Darnold is actually doing Rosen a FAVOR. Just like Eli preferred the Giants over the Chargers, I'm sure any young QB would prefer today's Giants over the Browns.

4 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This guy will be dropping like a lead ballon. He will be picked no sooner then 15th by Arizona. This guy is falling like son of a gun. Where there is some smoke there’s lots of fire. The guy is a prima dona like Ryan Leaf. No way he ends up as a Buffalo Bill. He does not fit our culture or are city. He is certainly not a leader of men. He’s a spoiled rich kid J.P. Losman all over again. This dude is imposing like Dan Marino did he will he lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. 

Wanna bet?

• Like (+1) 2