Josh Rosen’s coach said he would take Darnold 1st

11 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This guy will be dropping like a lead ballon. He will be picked no sooner then 15th by Arizona. This guy is falling like son of a gun. Where there is some smoke there’s lots of fire. The guy is a prima dona like Ryan Leaf. No way he ends up as a Buffalo Bill. He does not fit our culture or are city. He is certainly not a leader of men. He’s a spoiled rich kid J.P. Losman all over again. This dude is imposing like Dan Marino did he will he lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. 

JP Losman did not grow up rich.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Im now convinced Thumanator12074 actually IS lil donny. Between the poor grammar and spelling, unnecessary raging, out of touch with reality, and quick to make himself the victim while bullying others. Mods, check his IP, see if it's coming from DC. Dude is straight to the ignore list.

Thurm's been like this since I joined this board.  

• Like (+1) 2

Ugh, I really hope we don't pick this kid. I could see him leaving football like Jake Locker did after a couple of seasons and a couple more concussions. 

Side note when did people start sticking up for the spoiled rich arrogant types?

One of the really regrettable aspects of the internet and ESPN etc. is the constant infiltration of politics into sports.  I liked the Neanderthal days when sports was mainly a world into itself.  I don't happen to agree with Rosen's ideology and I am worried about injury issues.  Still think he could be a very good qb.  Personally, I'd rather have a good qb who I disagree with on politics than a fella I like who can't play.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I've always thought Mora was an arrogant prick and I know I have heard others in the sporting community say things to that affect as well. He probably blames Rosen for him getting fired. 

16 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Ugh, I really hope we don't pick this kid. I could see him leaving football like Jake Locker did after a couple of seasons and a couple more concussions. 

Side note when did people start sticking up for the spoiled rich arrogant types?

i guess we dont know hes spoiled and arrogant - just an assumption. Again, no one knows him personally.

Also, Jimbo could have been viewed this way coming out of school/Houston.

He saved the city in re: to football and fell in love with the area and community and we reciprocate in spades. 

I think that is important and shouldnt be lost - these are just kids and this is their 1st introduction to the machine that is the NFL. 

Some will get chewed up and spit out, some will make it.... but for us to sit here and say which is which is not only impossible, but also unfair.

We each have favorites and guys we like less than others. Sometimes ( as exampled in this thread) people take their preferences too much to heart and too personally. 

Like really... we MIGHT get ONE of these guys. The rest scatter and we wont worry about them again until they bust or we play them.

I'm not big on Jackson. But that is ALL because of what he has done on the field. I'm sure he is a fine kid.. and even if he wasn't, what does smearing him on a message board accomplish other than making me look bitter. If they went w him, boowho... but then ya get over it by we are fans of the team and if that is where they go, I guess they have earned our trust and let's see where it goes!

If Rosen were to be a Bill for example... is Thurmanator going to quit being a fan?? Thats pretty drastic.... 

Edited by gobills1212

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've always thought Mora was an arrogant prick and I know I have heard others in the sporting community say things to that affect as well. He probably blames Rosen for him getting fired. 

Well Mora`s worst seasons as a coach were when Rosen was his QB. 

19 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Ever since we realized that none of us have ever met him, the only thing that narrative is going on are anonymous reports from years ago, and most of the people around him seem to actually like him.

When did people start bashing kids just because their parents are rich and theyre jealous?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Well Mora`s worst seasons as a coach were when Rosen was his QB. 

Yeah, once Neuheisel's classes started graduating. It wasn't on Rosen with the defense not being able to keep teams from hanging 35+ on them. 

Edited by H2o

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, once Neuheisel's classes started graduating. It wasn't on Rosen with the defense not being able to keep teams from hanging 35+ on them. 

Even under Mora, they recruited well and had plenty of talent.  The just flat-out can’t coach football.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ever since we realized that none of us have ever met him, the only thing that narrative is going on are anonymous reports from years ago, and most of the people around him seem to actually like him.

When did people start bashing kids just because their parents are rich and theyre jealous?

How many of us do you think get to meet nfl players? We don't so our judgement comes from his actions and what other people say. I see a spoiled arrogant rich kid with an injury history. Don't think that's a guy I want to root for.

Just now, BuffaloSol said:

How many of us do you think get to meet nfl players? We don't so our judgement comes from his actions and what other people say. I see a spoiled arrogant rich kid with an injury history. Don't think that's a guy I want to root for.

How do you feel about Richie Incognito? If you don't mind my asking.

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

It was not about the classes, and it could have been about the coaching. I honestly dislike Mora as much as Rosen.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Not many of us, which is why it's prudent and logical to refrain from jumping to any major conclusions about their personalities. You dont know him, all we can fairly judge him on is his play on the field. Anything else is pretty middle-school.

I'm not saying he isnt an arrogant prick, I'm saying we don't know. But I'm here for football, not E! Entertainment Television, so I'm not going to get lured into that discussion. The good news is, the GMs get to meet these guys and WILL have a good idea of their personality.