Mcdermott OT vs Indy in snow. Poll!

Mcdermott OT punt vs Indy in snow. Poll!  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with that punt in OT?

• Yes. We won the game. Mcdermott is a genius! He played the percentages.
    • No. A tie did us nothing. Luckily D held them off and Deonte Thompson made a miracle catch from Webb. Im still not sure why he punted.
    • We made the playoffs. Who cares?!

Any other day, I would say he made the wrong decision, but with a foot of snow on the field, I think there was as good a chance of our defense somehow scoring than the Colts scoring. 

I also think he punts on a sunny, 65 degree September afternoon, so...

I agree with everything McDermott has done. I'm 100% bought in. He played it safe because he inherited a junky offense. 

It's like saying why don't you risk that super risky jump on this bike that has to brakes. 

Edited by Lfod

9 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

We cant sit here and act like Mcdermott was perfect. Tolbert was an awful choice to help McCoy. His ties to Carolina players worries me slightly. Is he overlooking other players?

I don't know if he did overlook guys. I do know that the guys he did have, he ran through training camp so hard they started fighting and complaining about being tired of hitting each other.

So I know at the very least he's getting the most from what he does have. I have to admire it.

Edited by Lfod

I hated the decision. I'm kind of over it now though. It didn't work out when rex did it against Miami, but it worked out here. Also just because you win the game, doesn't mean the coach was perfect with every call he made. This was a very dangerous call, in which the players managed to bail out McDermott. I worry this will not be the last time we see this mistake get made.

I thought it was awful in the heat of the moment.... I still don't agree with it. I get it..... but I don't agree with it. I think getting a yd on 4th down was much more reliable than hoping to pin a team deep, relying on a defense that had just got gashed at the end of regulation and then relying on joe webb to make some plays to get them down the field wherever the punt came in at.

but McDermott did more good than bad. so whatever.

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I really like McDermott but I don't think he'll ever have the guts to pull moves like Petersen did in the Super Bowl 

That’s definitely his flaw. The Jacksonville game is an example of playing right into the opponents hand by being too conservative.

Results based business and he got the desired result.  I don't think we should micromanage or second guess decisions when the immediate result was that the game was won and the long term result was that win was part of a playoff season. 

Can't say it was the wrong call when it worked.  I disagreed with it at the time but that doesn't really matter.  The Bills won that is what mattered.  Playing hypothetical that he should have done something else removes a guarantee win and makes it questionable.  What if they had been stopped?  What if they turned it over?  All of those things come back in play.  As it stands he made a call, it worked, they won.  Anything else is just guessing.