What is your biggest Bills FA mistake

BisonMan

44 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

TO. A move made to sell tickets not win games. It was just such a huge sign of what the franchise had become. 

Well now, this is quite possibly the strangest answer for a FA bust I’ve ever read.

Congratulations. 

I’ve got one for you all...

Bryant f’in Johnson.

What a story. Back in the day, the BBMB shut down because of the rage of not signing him.

Honorable mentions include Ernest Wilford I think? We needed a “big WR” who could win the jump ball in the red zone. We all thought if we got him we’d be set.

Marcus Stroud as well...

Man, time flies but those were the dark days.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Older than you, sadly.  I just was thinking the worst one's are the one's effecting you now.  

Fair enough, but are they impacting the Bills now?  Two are gone and one wasn’t used much last year but maybe the new OC will figure out how to use his talents. Also all three were signed before the first playoff season in 17 years. Boldin didn’t really do anything positive or negative for the Bills. Tolbert was not good and DiMarco wasn’t used much at all. Tolbert is gone. 

9 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’ve got one for you all...

Bryant f’in Johnson.

What a story. Back in the day, the BBMB shut down because of the rage of not signing him.

Honorable mentions include Ernest Wilford I think? We needed a “big WR” who could win the jump ball in the red zone. We all thought if we got him we’d be set.

Marcus Stroud as well...

Man, time flies but those were the dark days.

Bryant Johnston was going to be the best WR ever

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BisonMan said:

Which Bills free agent pickup that you loved to turned out to be a flop?

Mine is Dockery. I thought the line really needed help and he was part of the answer. Man, he was a bust. ?

You hit it on the head with that choice.

Along with Langston Walker signing at same time I thought the line was finally on its way to respectability. Yeah WRONG.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

TO. A move made to sell tickets not win games. It was just such a huge sign of what the franchise had become. 

TO had a pretty good year, something like 850 yards, for not much of a contract.

Dockery is prob the worst.

56 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Charles Clay.  Overpriced and under producing.

Really, you think CC?

He definitely hasn’t lived up to the money but when he’s healthy he’s a pretty good tight end in my opinion .

Health of course is a big issue for him 

Does anyone remember Joe Panos real name....Zois Panagiotopoulos

In March, 2009, Panos was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault in Waukesha County, Wisconsin for allegedly attacking his ex-wife's friend's car with a golf club. He is a regular guest on theBob and Brian show. He is currently a certified contract advisor for Athletes First, a sports agency.

I would also go with Dockery.   There were many bad lineman signed by the Bills in the mid 2000's who were worse, but the price that was paid for him was laughable.    Pairing him with the Langston Walker signing did not make it look any better.

That was a bad off season, Who remembers the  Darwin Walker Saga that happened in that same year?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Remember, this is supposed to be guys you thought were great signings but turned out bad.

This isn’t a list of the worst, just the ones you loved at signing.

i forgot about Stroud. I liked that at the time too. I don’t think was as big a bust for me as Dockery.