Scariest thing you've ever done?

boyst

I had to do something a little out of the ordinary and it got me thinking. 

What's the scariest thing you've ever done?

Today I had to used my pocketknife (4" folding lock blade) to stab in to a cow because my trocar was not getting in there.  Never had to do it and only seen it done in videos. It's kind of intense to stab a live animal in the lower back along the spine to help them live.  You put it in and air bleeds out and eventually some blood.  Very little blood involved, but lots of stink. 30 minutes later she's on her feet and will heal over in 36 hours.

s-l640.jpg

That's a trocar

Anyway, it got me wondering. I don't think that's the scariest thing I've ever done. And I'm not sure what is.  

What say ye?

Edited by Boyst62

Got married.

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Got married.

Other than that i toe the line. I did ride home from vegas on a plane after a bachelor party where the lights went out and the generator died on the tarmac  and we sat there sweating in the 100 degree heat for an hour. One girl ran off in a fit of hysteria.  We asked the flight attendant about it and he said "ive been doing this 20 years and this has never happened", which didnt help matters. I was 90℅ dead anyway so i just wanted to get it over with.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1

Done alot of scary stupid ****, but one that comes to mind is:

15 years or so ago i used to remove/repair/install stained glass windows in churches. I was 8 or 9 tiers up on scaffolding and couldnt reach the small window at the peak. Instead of setting up another tier for one small window, i decided to set up a small ladder, it was still abit short so on top of scaffolding i stood on the top of a folding ladder barely reaching to remove the window

Another time in my younger years my buddy and i decided to drag race down a two lane road on thebway home from a night out on a 2 lane road. He had a 04 Hyuandai Tiburon and I had a 02 WRX. Unfortunately i was on the wrong side of the road. We went about 1/4 mile and I saw head lights in my lane. We kept going and nobody was lifting and were up to 110 and i hear the air horn from the rig whos lane im in blowing. My buddy finally lifted and I squeezed over with about 10 yards to spare. My heart was beating through my chest for the next hour. I still shudder when i think about it. Sooooo stupid.

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane at 14,000 feet was not nearly as scary as some of the stuff we do as young fools. I don’t even want to bring that crap back into my mind. I know people who’ve seen far worse, but.....I’m glad I’m here to avoid repressed memories.  :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

1989 Jackson Hole, strapping lad all of 21:

Not as bad as it looks if you go textbook. Oh wait, yes it is... Looked like this: :lol:

Gotta get in to get out! Just hang that right and you are made in the shade, the reward, the bowls below.

No way I do it at 50!  Time has passed me by.  But snowy enough, I may rethink it. I want to take my son there before he gets too old... Maybe @ 21 also? 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Another time in my younger years my buddy and i decided to drag race down a two lane road on thebway home from a night out on a 2 lane road. He had a 04 Hyuandai Tiburon and I had a 02 WRX. Unfortunately i was on the wrong side of the road. We went about 1/4 mile and I saw head lights in my lane. We kept going and nobody was lifting and were up to 110 and i hear the air horn from the rig whos lane im in blowing. My buddy finally lifted and I squeezed over with about 10 yards to spare. My heart was beating through my chest for the next hour. I still shudder when i think about it. Sooooo stupid.

Say that again. Sometimes the stupudity overwhelms.  No harm, no foul, you're safe.

Sounds like me going to work a couple of Easter Sundays ago in the '14 Cooper S but stayed on divided interstate... Road was dead quiet.  Nobody on the road except a tuned Ford Fiesta... Mine just stock.  I figured he was in my class... Overboost presumably activated, next thing I know we are up to 130.  Me being the adult, I backed off.  Not much more to give.  I didn't feel like going to jail.  I let my son take that F56 Cooper to college.  Don't worry, he shacks up with the girlfriend, she'll beat his azz! :D

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Bit scary... Still had the smaller 16 winter wheels and a bit squirrelly. WarmER, over 40° or so. Handling compromised.

I could just see it flashing through my mind.  "Dad goes middle age crazy and rolls Cooper on I-94"... Schitty tuned Ford gets away. :lol:

Survival Evasion Resistance Escape School in the Navy, also known as POW school.

Three days without food was easy.

The scary part was standing in formation as they picked out other officers to waterboard.

It was really the only time I can ever remember being scared.

Riding  "the shoot" on the Three Sisters Islands above the Falls ..would  have to really  try to get into the main current, but still into getting the water about200 yds from the brink of the falls ...not brilliant that's for damn sure

Jumping out of an airplane ... It was a static line jump from 4000'. When it was my time to jump you get out and stand on a small platform and look over at the jump master, he then told me in these words, " get the #$*& off of my plane".

So I let go, counted to three, looked up and saw that the parachute opened as it was supposed to. They then talk you down with a one way radio, pull the left toggle or the right. Then I landed and got a panic laden STAY DOWN STAY DOWN. I had landed two feet off the runway and looked up to see the wings of a glider three feet above my head as it was coming in for a landing.

One of the other jumpers that day had his main parachute not open but he was able to get the reserve open and proceeded to come down in the woods on the other side of the field. He ended up with a broken leg crashing into a tree.

15 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I had to do something a little out of the ordinary and it got me thinking. 

What's the scariest thing you've ever done?

Today I had to used my pocketknife (4" folding lock blade) to stab in to a cow because my trocar was not getting in there.  Never had to do it and only seen it done in videos. It's kind of intense to stab a live animal in the lower back along the spine to help them live.  You put it in and air bleeds out and eventually some blood.  Very little blood involved, but lots of stink. 30 minutes later she's on her feet and will heal over in 36 hours.

s-l640.jpg

That's a trocar

Anyway, it got me wondering. I don't think that's the scariest thing I've ever done. And I'm not sure what is.  

What say ye?

I saw your video and that was pretty insane.  What's even more insane is I've never touched a cow in my life.  I of course have seen one but never been inside a fence where these cows be roamin'.  

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

1989 Jackson Hole, strapping lad all of 21:

Not as bad as it looks if you go textbook. Oh wait, yes it is... Looked like this: :lol:

Gotta get in to get out! Just hang that right and you are made in the shade, the reward, the bowls below.

No way I do it at 50!  Time has passed me by.  But snowy enough, I may rethink it. I want to take my son there before he gets too old... Maybe @ 21 also? 

I am not a huge skiier, but I have now wasted an hour watching videos of this place! Holy hell I would be pooping my pants if my ski tips came within two feet of the top of that..no way could i actually go DOWN that.