Deonte Thompson signs with Cowboys

1 minute ago, ytownblofan said:

image.thumb.png.a2977e8608c1c32202093fc78ee9e6a7.png

Can't imagine we didn't at least match this offer... or give him a better one. Deonte might have just wanted to go elsewhere. 

You really think he was worth 3.5 million in cap space when we have so little and so many needs. He was a good wr4-5 but not worth 3.5 Million when you have little cap to spend.

Just now, simpleman said:

You really think he was worth 3.5 million in cap space when we have so little and so many needs. He was a good wr4-5 but not worth 3.5 Million when you have little cap to spend.

I think he's a solid WR3 and worth $3.5 million for that role. 

Maybe Zay scared him off...

My guess is that both teams were offering a 1-yr deal and even if the Bills matched that or offered a bit more, he will be a FA again next year and there is simply more opportunity for him to get a bigger deal next year after playing in Dallas due to the difference in QB situations. 

I’ve said it over and over that the Bills will not be able to sign a decent WR in FA without a QB. Unless they massively overpay. No agent will recommend their client come to this offense at this point in time. That is why the KB trade was so critical and the Zay situation is so brutal. They will need to acquire this position through trade and draft until a QB who throws the ball is in place.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1