I trust The Process. You should, too.

I do not trust the process. "The Process" means just putting some mystical name onto the judgment of McBeane, and I have no reason to think they are some magical wizards of roster building. In fact, they have made any number of questionable decisions. They have cleaned house in some cases but in others have shipped out first rate talent and replaced it with mediocrities.  

Case in point: the O-line is shaky and getting old, and yet they get rid of a pro-bowl LT and pick up a center who my longtime Bengals fan friend calls, and I quote, "the worst center I have ever seen." 

Edited by Dr. K

As far as I'm concerned they are playing with house money for a while....to quote another thread.  They have made many good decisions.  Some I liked right away, some I hated and some confused me.  They are clearly organized, personable and get results.  I think they have earned the right for me anyway to trust what they do in the draft, QB or not.

If all of these "big 4" suck, we won't know it for a while so some people will still be mad if we pass.  I'm not going to get all worked up because we pass on Josh friggin Allen or don't trade up to get him.

I'm not ever saying that word again - it's so over played, yuck.  

I really like our GM and Head Coach especially after hearing some great things about Beane recently.  I do think we might be in an unfortunate situation in terms of having the opportunity to pick a QB they really want.  

I do however think there's tons of examples in football and in life that unanswered prayers are sometimes the best thing to happen to you.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So far, I like all of the moves the McBeane duo has made this off season.  No matter what happens between now and the draft, I have no doubts that our GM will do what is necessary to make this a better team.  If we don't trade up into the top 5 and grab one of the 'once in a lifetime' QBs, I'm sure it will be for a very good reason.  I think back about how the Eagles were able to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (how great was that?) and remember that even though their starting QB didn't play in the playoffs, the backup QB still managed to keep the team winning.  Was Foles that good?  Maybe.  I think the answer was more like they had a great team to begin with. 

My point is if we don't get one of the Big 4 QBs in this draft, we still have the means to build a great team.  And that is just as important as the QB himself.  Trust the process.  We are either going to have a great QB and very good team or a very good QB and a great team.

Flame away...

We are going to have a great QB and a great team.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So far, I like all of the moves the McBeane duo has made this off season.  No matter what happens between now and the draft, I have no doubts that our GM will do what is necessary to make this a better team.  If we don't trade up into the top 5 and grab one of the 'once in a lifetime' QBs, I'm sure it will be for a very good reason.  I think back about how the Eagles were able to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (how great was that?) and remember that even though their starting QB didn't play in the playoffs, the backup QB still managed to keep the team winning.  Was Foles that good?  Maybe.  I think the answer was more like they had a great team to begin with. 

My point is if we don't get one of the Big 4 QBs in this draft, we still have the means to build a great team.  And that is just as important as the QB himself.  Trust the process.  We are either going to have a great QB and very good team or a very good QB and a great team.

Flame away...

I think Beane values the picks too much (rightfully so) and has a rare opportunity to add a bunch of high end talent on a rookie contract. But I trust this bright staff regardless of what they do.

Here's why I don't see But moving up....

This season proved to the NFL world that

A. Average QB play with a great team gives you a legit shot at a ring

And

B. QB play is declining. I think we saw the Golden era in QB play. Great QBs aren't being produced like they were a decade ago. Majority of the top QB will be 32+ years of age! Here's the ages when the season starts-

Matt Ryan - 33

Flacco - 33

Alex Smith - 34

Rodgers - 34 , 35 in December

Big Ben - 36

Rivers - 36, 37 in December

Eli - 37

Brees - 39

Brady - 41

I only listed the QB who you could argue are top 10. Besides Eli and Flacco, I think the majority of ppl would have all these QB in the top 10 . 

Two, three years from now will Brady, Ben , Brees and Rivers still be playing even? History shows after 35 years of age, QBs play declines (PFF did a study proving this). 

We are seeing RB drafted much higher and valued much more,which further proves the QB play decline. 

Beane is on record saying how hard it is to evaluate college qbs because they play in such easy systems and the adjustment to the NFL is brutal.

Finally, defensive players are now bigger,faster than a decade ago and schemes are tailored to stop the pass. 

I'm sure we draft a QB in the first 5 picks but I doubt we give up that much draft capital, we're using that to build a very good, consistent team for years,and Average QB play can obtain you 10+ wins consistently , with a very good team around them.

It's a new age in the NFL, many are stuck in the past but if you look closer , you realize Franchise QBs aren't the 'cure all' they once were.

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Flame away...

Thank you.   All the speculation on if we are moving up, who we are going to draft, etc... is mind numbing.

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

I think it's down to 3 QB's 

Rosen

Allen

Rudolph 

Rudolph is my worst nightmare. Rosen looks solid. Allen I am good with between pick 5-22, because he is worth the risk. Darnold (USC yuk) has some risk but will play for 10 years. Mayfield is a winner but can't see over the line. Lamar looks like Vick 2.0, like a Ferrari in LA traffic.

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Flame away...

The Eagles don't win that Super Bowl without having spent most of the season riding Wentz.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Flame away...

The eagles got to that Superbowl by trading away a ton of picks to get to two and not even be sure of which QB they'd get. They just wanted one of the top two prospects.

It's the complete opposite of what the Bills are doing if they don't get up to two.

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I see two top 10 LB, a DL and a top 10 OL in our future and then Rudolph or White in the third.

I hope the drought didn't bother you that much, because that's planning for another playoff appearance in 2035.

Also, I don't want him, but Rudolph won't be there in the third. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B