Would people be happy if in round one...

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If we took Davenport or Vea at 12 and Rudolph at 22...I want Lamar Jackson but man Davenport looks like a beast 

I like the way you're thinking...but my QB would be Lamar Jackson at 22 hopefully. I like the idea of a guy who can escape pressure and make something out of nothing...would be like a Tyrod+++ 

3 minutes ago, MC Hamburg said:

I like the way you're thinking...but my QB would be Lamar Jackson at 22 hopefully. I like the idea of a guy who can escape pressure and make something out of nothing...would be like a Tyrod+++ 

Because that's EXACTLY what we need, another Tyrod, even with pluses.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Rudolph would be a wasted pick. If we aren’t serious about getting a top tier QB, we need to use those two picks elsewhere. We already have multiple backups on the roster. No need to add another. 

I got a guy in another thread telling me I'm an idiot because he claims Rudolph is #2 QB in the draft, and I don't know what I'm talking about saying he sucks

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If we took Davenport or Vea at 12 and Rudolph at 22...I want Lamar Jackson but man Davenport looks like a beast 

At this point a trade up looks unlikely and I never wanted to mortgage the farm over this year's Chevy 4 door then look to 2019 realizing the 2019 model looks more shiny.  Anyways,  I would rather take a top prospect at another position versus the 5th or 6th best QB.  At that point anybody taken is going to need to sit a season so might as well get a guy later with similar potential but lacks the pedigree of going to UCLA, OSU, ND, etc..

19 minutes ago, MC Hamburg said:

I really wish you would have not presented it that way.....that ex qb hater's are gonna be all over this.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

At this point a trade up looks unlikely and I never wanted to mortgage the farm over this year's Chevy 4 door then look to 2019 realizing the 2019 model looks more shiny.  Anyways,  I would rather take a top prospect at another position versus the 5th or 6th best QB.  At that point anybody taken is going to need to sit a season so might as well get a guy later with similar potential but lacks the pedigree of going to UCLA, OSU, ND, etc..

This draft class has at least three guys who are better than Chevy four doors. That’s why you mortgage the farm. Who are the hot QB prospects next season? None of them are close to what’s available this year. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This draft class has at least three guys who are better than Chevy four doors. That’s why you mortgage the farm. Who are the hot QB prospects next season? None of them are close to what’s available this year. 

There is no way to know who is going to raise their stock as they have not even played their senior season yet so at this point I don''t have a preferred 2019 QB.

Rudolph is SO NOT a round one player.  The guy should be drafted mid way through day two, late 2nd, early to mid 3rd.  However, desperation will push him up. 

I would NOT touch him at 22!  total value nightmare pick. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

There is no way to know who is going to raise their stock as they have not even played their senior season yet so at this point I don''t have a preferred 2019 QB.

Fair enough. Plenty of college QB’s will improve their pro stock, but they won’t posses the polish and raw talent of this class. Every season new college QB’s rise to the top. Pro teams are desperate to find a franchise QB. Naturally the value of the position becomes inflated each draft. Teams will convince themselves that guys like Christian Ponder are the answer regardless of the tools they possess. The potential 2018 class was highly regarded last year at this time. They possess all the tools a scout looks for at the pro QB. None of next seasons potential QB draft class can claim that. This class is deep enough for one to hope they have greater odds at hitting the jackpot. GM’s won’t be afforded that luxury next year. 

24 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The 2019 model year looks like trash

35 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Rudolph would be a wasted pick. If we aren’t serious about getting a top tier QB, we need to use those two picks elsewhere. We already have multiple backups on the roster. No need to add another. 

Rudolph will be there in the 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The 2019 model year looks like trash

I still don't want to get the 5th or 6th best this year at 12.  Might just as well take somebody like White and see what McCarron can do.  He would not be the first journeyman to have a break through in a new situation.  As said in another thread if the Bills finish the rebuild on defense and fully complement McCoy our QB is not going to have to make 50 pass attempts per game hoping to achieve 350 plus yards per game.  Use the draft to get some offensive weapons and grab a QB in the second round.  Reaching for QB's for the sake of doing so brought us Losman and Manuel.

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I still don't want to get the 5th or 6th best this year at 12.  Might just as well take somebody like White and see what McCarron can do.  He would not be the first journeyman to have a break through in a new situation.  As said in another thread if the Bills finish the rebuild on defense and fully complement McCoy our QB is not going to have to make 50 pass attempts per game hoping to achieve 350 plus yards per game.  Use the draft to get some offensive weapons and grab a QB in the second round.  Reaching for QB's for the sake of doing so brought us Losman and Manuel.

Not saying I disagree with you btw

Just saying 2019 is garbage so it's this year or wait longer

I felt all along that there was a possibility that this could happen.......

I am a Lamar Jackson fan....and I think he is a viable option.   He isnt ready to immediately start but this guy has so much potential and playmaking ability...we just signed a young with something to prove guy in Mccarron.....Jackson can hold the clipboard a year and get his mechanics right.....and he will be available at 22.