Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

Several people I’ve spoken with speculated that the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills likely have a blueprint in place for a trade that would allow the Bills to move up to the second spot in the draft. They also believe that the trade won’t happen until very late in the process, if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ask 5: Which team is most likely to trade up for QB in 2018 draft?

Executive 4: Buffalo Bills
Currently hold: Picks 12 and 22 in Round 1
"The Bills need a quarterback and they have the assets to move up and get him."

Summary: That's three votes for the Cardinals and one apiece for the Broncos and Bills.

Conclusion: These are some very interesting responses. I believe the Bills are the team most likely to trade up for a top QB given the package of picks they could offer. They signed AJ McCarron to be their "bridge" QB, but they are still in the market for a franchise quarterback. The fact that they have a workout scheduled with Sam Darnold tells me they have convinced his representation that they are working on trading into the top five of the draft -- I can't see Darnold working out for a team destined to pick outside of the top 10.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Tony Pauline Has Heard the Bills & NYG Have a Trade Blue Print in Place

I can see the Bills sending both 1st, one second and that 3rd round pick they got from the Browns along with another pick perhaps in 2019 to the Giants for the 2nd pick in the draft. 

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Summary: That's three votes for the Cardinals and one apiece for the Broncos and Bills.

Conclusion: These are some very interesting responses. I believe the Bills are the team most likely to trade up for a top QB given the package of picks they could offer. They signed AJ McCarron to be their "bridge" QB, but they are still in the market for a franchise quarterback. The fact that they have a workout scheduled with Sam Darnold tells me they have convinced his representation that they are working on trading into the top five of the draft -- I can't see Darnold working out for a team destined to pick outside of the top 10.

you know, I just don't buy that - it's nice that Darnold is generally regarded as a top pick, but stranger things have happened on draft day, and no representative would like to be "that guy" who cut his guy out of a deal to be drafted at 6-12

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Yav said:

I can see the Bills sending both 1st, one second and that 3rd round pick they got from the Browns along with another pick perhaps in 2019 to the Giants for the 2nd pick in the draft. 

If they do that, we got hosed. 

No additional pressure on the ‘franchise QB’. 

On 4/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, Commonsense said:

Dorsey drafted Mahomes right? Do you think he could go with another rocket arm in Allen? I'm convinced it's Darnold but it's a fair point that he could have a protype he favors.

That could have been Reid’s call. Word is he ran the show, and ran Dorsey out.  Dorsey also traded for Alex Smith and signed TT who are not considered big arms.  But,  possible he wanted Mahomes. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

you know, I just don't buy that - it's nice that Darnold is generally regarded as a top pick, but stranger things have happened on draft day, and no representative would like to be "that guy" who cut his guy out of a deal to be drafted at 6-12

Agreed, I thought that strange as well. I'm not working out for you because you're drafting 11th. smh

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I see some national media types and in this case executives pushing this narrative that after all we've done to build capital and all the scouting of QBs we are just going to sit on our hands and watch the Cardinals or Patriots trade in front of us and it really bothers me.  

20 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

After everything that has come out this off-season from the Browns, bills, and Giants, based on what teams have said and their needs, I think it makes most sense for

Bills: get pick #2

Giants: get pick #4 and mid round picks

Browns: take QB at 1, get picks 12 and 22

More picks would be involved to even up value, but I think these are the proper draft positions for the teams to get the most value out of their draft picks.

The bills get their QB.

The Giants get more picks for depth and can take the best non-QB at 4

The browns get QB at 1 and get their starting CB and starting OT all one draft in the first round.

I'd be surprised if this has not been discussed by the three teams.

this makes a whole lot of sense for all three teams. I have been thinking for awhile now that a 3 team trade is what will get us where we want to be.

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

this makes a whole lot of sense for all three teams. I have been thinking for awhile now that a 3 team trade is what will get us where we want to be.

If Beane cam make that happen, he should be put in charge of Middle East peace negotiations.  The Giants and Browns have been playing cat and mouse for the last 2 months.  Can’t see the 2 of them agreeing to a 3 way trade unless Cleveland has given up on getting Barkley at 4.  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

3 Team trades, especially those that are involving such high profile chips, are so rare. Hard to imagine this going down. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

So basically Beane is buying the engagement ring and Gettleman is still dating other teams?

More like they are friends with benefits but Gettleman is on the fence about making it an exclusive relationship.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Yav said:

that would be insane. peyton manning,john elway or andrew luck arent available in this draft.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Several people I’ve spoken with speculated that the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills likely have a blueprint in place for a trade that would allow the Bills to move up to the second spot in the draft. They also believe that the trade won’t happen until very late in the process, if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers.

So I get excited at the first part of the tweet, and then a big letdown.  Blueprint to the trade...."YES!!!" ... and then "if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers".?

Just now, PIZ said:

So I get excited at the first part of the tweet, and then a big letdown.  Blueprint to the trade...."YES!!!" ... and then "if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers".?

We have the best ammo to pull it off. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So speculated means "I am guessing but will act like I heard it from others to get people to click"?