Mayfield and Rosen are out for Buffalo!

2 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Process of eliminatination.  Beane clearly stated how important it is for an NFL QB to be tall so he can see over the line and make all of the throws.  He made it crystal clear this is what he wants in his next QB. There goes 6 foot Mayfield along w his dui arrest and other character flaws the Bills wouldn't have touched him anyway.  

Now onto Rosen: I'll catch heat for this but our coach is a devout Christian.  He makes sure to thank god in all of his post game speeches and preaches about how he is a man of faith.  Rosen is a devout Jew, going as far as saying he chose UCLA because its heavy population jewish people. Rosen said he wanted to give kids of Jewish faith someone to look up to in the sports arena since there weren't many Jewish sports stars.  

To play psychologist for a moment we also know Rosen is a very articulate kid, who is outspoken and into social justice issues like most millennials.  Do you think that would be a ticking time bomb until Rosen spoke out against the old school coach pushing his religion in team meetings and after the game?  Or took issue with some other ongoing NFL  problem.  Does McDermott strike you as someone who wants a person leading his team who very likely won't follow suite?  McDermott would never want his QB to be the reason for any sort of distraction or division within his team.  Rosen already has a knock on him of being hard to coach and not a team player.  There goes Rosen.  

The only 2 left that fit Beanes QB mold that the Bills would possibly be trying to move up that far for #1 Allen, # 2 Darnold.  

Come on, make the headline descriptive. Don't waste my time.

58 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Its just called next level thinking.  Rosen being a devout Jew is only one aspect of it. Him possibly being devisive due to othe reasons and not being the most coachable are also in there. Apparently that doesn't hold any weight either.  Or the fact Beane won't take Mayfield because of his size.  Care to put some kind of wager on us not taking either one of them?  You seem awfully pompous. 

I get it but if one employs next next level thinking McD would want to draft Rosen and treat him poorly to get back at the Jews for killing Jesus.  This would be even worse than avoiding him because it would burn a pick.  

I am going to go out on a limb though.  I think Beane and McD are ok with Jews.  Evidence?  They signed Vontae Davis who is a black guy.  Who is the most famous black guy ever named Davis?  Sammy Davis Jr........and he was a Jew.  If these guys were so worried about Jews would they sign a guy that will be a constant reminder of such a well known one?

Personally I think Allen is out because he played for Wyoming with that cowboy on his helmet.  It probably reminds them of Brokeback mountain and as Christians they certainly hate gays.

I guess Sam Donald is the target.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

While this is a silly thread, it's at least interesting you brought up the religion angle.  I think those who are deeply religious tend to respect others who are deeply religious, no matter the religion.  I think McD's Bills would be much more likely to shy away from a vocal atheist.

And besides, you don't think Rosen is used to all of the "thanking God" that goes on in locker rooms and on the field by now?

10 minutes ago, eball said:

While this is a silly thread, it's at least interesting you brought up the religion angle.  I think those who are deeply religious tend to respect others who are deeply religious, no matter the religion.  I think McD's Bills would be much more likely to shy away from a vocal atheist.

And besides, you don't think Rosen is used to all of the "thanking God" that goes on in locker rooms and on the field by now?

Not if he has been hanging out in southern california his whole life. I knew I would catch a heap for this. But again it was just one of 3 reasons they won't draft him.  But for the simple minded people calling me a moron (as if that is a funny insult) if you don't think there is any chance McDermott might see a potential issue with their beliefs I don't think you have really picked up on what kind of guy he is.  So go back to watching CSI and not giving any consideration to the fact differences in religious beliefs have lead to a conflict or 2 in this world.  And yes sometimes thst even spills over into the work place causing people to judge eachother and or lead to rifts.  

And is it going to be such a silly thread when they have the #2 pick and pass on Rosen and Mayfield. 

Edited by Estelle Getty

Reports that the Bills are interested in Suh the Choir Boy dismantles your Rosen argument. If a coach is willing to forgo talent, because he thinks for himself, that coach needs to be fired. 

Aaron Rodgers is outspoken but he also won a Super Bowl. Tom Brady has the owner in his pocket and has some power Belichick doesn’t have. Oh no, Rosen is a Jew who thinks for himself! Look out!

Edited by Gigs

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hahahahahahaha. 

McDermott won't draft a guy who is a different religion? Really? Well that was fun. 

It's not funny.  It's reprehensible that the OP would proffer such an idea even as a joke. 

2 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Process of eliminatination.  Beane clearly stated how important it is for an NFL QB to be tall so he can see over the line and make all of the throws.  He made it crystal clear this is what he wants in his next QB. There goes 6 foot Mayfield along w his dui arrest and other character flaws the Bills wouldn't have touched him anyway.  

Now onto Rosen: I'll catch heat for this but our coach is a devout Christian.  He makes sure to thank god in all of his post game speeches and preaches about how he is a man of faith.  Rosen is a devout Jew, going as far as saying he chose UCLA because its heavy population jewish people. Rosen said he wanted to give kids of Jewish faith someone to look up to in the sports arena since there weren't many Jewish sports stars.  

To play psychologist for a moment we also know Rosen is a very articulate kid, who is outspoken and into social justice issues like most millennials.  Do you think that would be a ticking time bomb until Rosen spoke out against the old school coach pushing his religion in team meetings and after the game?  Or took issue with some other ongoing NFL  problem.  Does McDermott strike you as someone who wants a person leading his team who very likely won't follow suite?  McDermott would never want his QB to be the reason for any sort of distraction or division within his team.  Rosen already has a knock on him of being hard to coach and not a team player.  There goes Rosen.  

The only 2 left that fit Beanes QB mold that the Bills would possibly be trying to move up that far for #1 Allen, # 2 Darnold.  

Don't sleep on Lamar Jackson!! They stated they see Cam Newton in him

28 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Not if he has been hanging out in southern california his whole life. I knew I would catch a heap for this. But again it was just one of 3 reasons they won't draft him.  But for the simple minded people calling me a moron (as if that is a funny insult) if you don't think there is any chance McDermott might see a potential issue with their beliefs I don't think you have really picked up on what kind of guy he is.  So go back to watching CSI and not giving any consideration to the fact differences in religious beliefs have lead to a conflict or 2 in this world.  And yes sometimes thst even spills over into the work place causing people to judge eachother and or lead to rifts.  

And is it going to be such a silly thread when they have the #2 pick and pass on Rosen and Mayfield. 

It's football!!

Oh my God, please tell me you are just trolling and don't actually think that the Bills wouldn't draft a jew because McDermott is Christian? Please tell me you are joking, because that just might be the most ignorant statement I've heard all year. And I read the news, so I hear a lot!

Edited by todd

29 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Reports that the Bills are interested in Suh the Choir Boy dismantles your Rosen argument. If a coach is willing to forgo talent, because he thinks for himself, that coach needs to be fired. 

Aaron Rodgers is outspoken but he also won a Super Bowl. Tom Brady has the owner in his pocket and has some power Belichick doesn’t have. Oh no, Rosen is a Jew who thinks for himself! Look out!

Newsflash:. Sometimes "reports" aren't true leaving them unable to dismantle anything.  Schefter has been wrong once or twice.

Did I miss Aaron Rodgers being outspoken?  Maybe.  How does Rosen think for himself?  I might have missed that too.