Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed - you also could not wait till draft day because they are not staying at 12 - they needed to move and now will be in further discussions with the Giants and Colts to get their guy.  I believe it will still depend upon Cleveland at 1 to see their final spot - I think it comes down to Barkley.

I agree. I think it’s likely that all the teams in the top 5 said they need to get at least within the top 15 before they would talk... they weren’t going to move all the way to 21.

• Like (+1) 1

Just spit ballin' and using the most common draft value charts that show Indy's pick is worth 2200, I'm gonna go Mike Ditka and offer them:

1st, #12

2nd, #53

3rd, #65

4th, #121

5th, #166

6th, #187

1st

Still leaves us with picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds this year. And with all that expected cap room next year, the loss of that first round pick can be mitigated in free agency. Not sure what the value of next year's #1 would be, but if it's at least 277 (and there's a decent chance it will be) then that gets us to the 2200 value of Indy's pick this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just spit ballin' and using the most common draft value charts that show Indy's pick is worth 2200, I'm gonna go Mike Ditka and offer them:

1st, #12

2nd, #53

3rd, #65

4th, #121

5th, #166

6th, #187

1st

Still leaves us with picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds this year. And with all that expected cap room next year, the loss of that first round pick can be mitigated in free agency. Not sure what the value of next year's #1 would be, but if it's at least 277 (and there's a decent chance it will be) then that gets us to the 2200 value of Indy's pick this year. 

I’d do it, but would rather keep next years first because I think we are in for a regression. That pick could be pretty high. 

42 minutes ago, K-9 said:

1st, #12

2nd, #53

3rd, #65

4th, #121

5th, #166

6th, #187

1st

I'm not fond of giving up a lot of picks in a move up but am glad somebody else thinks that it is wise to hang on to number 22.  We could get somebody who might have a major impact this year.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm not fond of giving up a lot of picks in a move up but am glad somebody else thinks that it is wise to hang on to number 22.  We could get somebody who might have a major impact this year.

I’m not a huge fan of giving up a ton of picks, either, but this year is unique in that even if we did, we’d still have picks in each of the first three rounds. I don’t actually think it will happen, either. I’d just like to hang on to some higher picks this year while still grabbing our franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

Considering neither of them did anything in their years here, I’d say McBeane has easily surpassed both of them already. It’s not even close. 

Best part of this trade besides now we know they will trade up higher to get their q.b is we no longer have to listen to all the geniuses who in the last few days all were saying how Glenn will stay and play RT. They are all amazingly quiet after this trade. Shocker. 

....HINT: sarcasm.....the other two would be hibernating with their alarm clocks set to go off at 3:59PM on the 14th,,,,,,,,,

5 hours ago, vincec said:

Don't like this move. Good LTs are very valuable and the Bills don't have 2 good tackles right now so he would have a been a great bookend with Dawkins.

This was a great theory. I heard lots of,people talking about this last year, but it never came to fruition.

IMO there really isn't much reason to believe that Glenn or Dawkins could have been our long term RT. Neither have shown an ability to play the right side. 

Glenn has never really played RT and neither has Dawkins.

They tried Dawkins at RT last year and he was worse than Mills.

And I know when Rex first got here he had Glenn flipping between LT and RT, and he struggled on the right. IIRC I believe Marrone may have tried Glenn at RT for a short time too (I remember him commenting about how Glenn wasn't happy about it because he wanted to get paid as a LT) but it didn't last long cause Glenn wasn't nearly as good on the right. 

I think we're better off going after a true RT in free agency or the draft anyway. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you fill me in on how we know this?  If it's true then the move makes sense on the player personnel front as well as the draft capital front...Cordy would not be a happy camper positioning himself for his future at RT

They tried Dawkins at RT during training camp last year. He never looked comfortable there and struggled so much Mills was outplaying him. 

Now, has he been given more time to adjust, who knows if he would have been able to lock that spot down. I guess we will never know, but he definitely struggled trying to switch from left to right (he was a LT in college). 

9 hours ago, Magox said:

I don't think Hughes is a candidate.  Could be wrong but we already have a piss poor pass rush and I just don't see that happening.

I was just thinking that Hughes’ production has gone down, he has a big contract and he gets dumb unsportsmanlike penalties.

20 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hey I don't know that much.

But from what I read Rosen knows the most about football by a lot.

And he alone worked on his mechanics enough to have them pro ready.

I don't see all that work and dedication is meaning that he doesn't care about football.

I've heard that too.  I keep hearing stuff like this, and other stuff like, "he isn't that into football," or that "his teammates don't like him."   

If we get Rosen, I'd like to grab the OT from UCLA in the 2nd or 3rd.   That guy said Rosen is a good guy.   

I just prefer Mayfield due to the strange info everywhere about Rosen.  And the concussions do scare me.  

20 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sit him for who? I'm starting whatever shiny new rookie QB we want, and I'll be frustrated if we're not..

Bradford!  Given that Keenum and Cousins are now gone.  Or McCarren potentially.  

9 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I was just thinking that Hughes’ production has gone down, he has a big contract and he gets dumb unsportsmanlike penalties.

He was graded out as one of the best run defenders on the team and is durable. Not to mention while his sack numbers have gone down in recent years his QB hurries and hits haven't dipped that much, so cutting him kills whatever little pass rush is left on this team. I wouldn't be shocked if this team cut Hughes but given the limited cap savings and the lack of demand trade wise I think they keep Hughes or restructure him. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I've heard that too.  I keep hearing stuff like this, and other stuff like, "he isn't that into football," or that "his teammates don't like him."   

If we get Rosen, I'd like to grab the OT from UCLA in the 2nd or 3rd.   That guy said Rosen is a good guy.   

I just prefer Mayfield due to the strange info everywhere about Rosen.  And the concussions do scare me.  

Bradford!  Given that Keenum and Cousins are now gone.  Or McCarren potentially.  

Well, I'm totally confused now.

The closer we get to the draft, we went from people saying this may be the greatst year for qb's in 20 years, to them being a group of slobbering oaf who really can't be trusted to cross the street alone, or who are organizing rebel groups to take to the streets, or who are destined for state prison, or who are already as good as they ever will be no point expecting them to learn and grow, or who .you get the picture.

All I can hope is that the Bills know what they are doing because I no longer have any idea except that I think Mayfield is to short to go number one. Short is short at least that isn't an opinion subject to change.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

33 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well, I'm totally confused now.

The closer we get to the draft, we went from people saying this may be the greatst year for qb's in 20 years, to them being a group of slobbering oaf who really can't be trusted to cross the street alone, or who are organizing rebel groups to take to the streets, or who are destined for state prison, or who are already as good as they ever will be no point expecting them to learn and grow, or who .you get the picture.

All I can hope is that the Bills know what they are doing because I no longer have any idea except that I think Mayfield is to short to go number one. Short is short at least that isn't an opinion subject to change.

I keep hearing conflicting stuff about Rosen everywhere.  I like Mayfield.  He's "short," but R. Wilson, M. Vick, and D. Brees are all 6' or under.  Perhaps he 'falls" to us at 12! 

Edited by RyanC883

Great trade for both teams. Good low risk, high upside love for Concy and go for the Bills.

Glenn was a great pick and will go down as one of the most underrated Bills of all time. I don't think I heard him speak once.  Sucks about his injuries but I wish him all the best.

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I keep hearing conflicting stuff about Rosen everywhere.  I like Mayfield.  He's "short," but R. Wilson, M. Vick, and D. Brees are all 6' or under.  Perhaps he 'falls" to us at 12! 

Am I wrong to think being short in the weather at the Ralph is worse than in a dome or temperate climate?

9 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Am I wrong to think being short in the weather at the Ralph is worse than in a dome or temperate climate?

Didn't seem to impact Flutie that much.  And Vick played well in Philly.  And Seattle can have some nasty weather.  

On 3/12/2018 at 7:53 PM, Adam727 said:

When healthy (which he has been most of his career) Glenn was a top 10 LT (locked up with a base salary of only $7.5 mil a year) and we just traded that away for the equivalent of a mid 2nd round pick.  And our salary cap savings this year from the move are barely enough to pay for Chris Ivory!   

You are exaggerating to support your point which means it is weak.

2018 $11,250,000

2019 $9,250,000

2020 $9,500,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cordy-glenn-9851/

Edited by Limeaid
added link

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

nooooooooooooo McCarron barely has more starting experience than the rookie we draft.

not many people left.  McCarron looked good when he played. I'm thinking grab him and either Rosen or Mayfield.  Really, the only thing that would make me upset is trading up to draft J. Allen.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

not many people left.  McCarron looked good when he played. I'm thinking grab him and either Rosen or Mayfield.  Really, the only thing that would make me upset is trading up to draft J. Allen.  

With all the negativity around Josh Allen I'm starting to think he's going to be a stud

I'm really starting to admire Brandon Beane. I really like his work so far and it's really building up into something nice. I'm looking forward to the outcome. 

He got himself into better position using pieces that didn't factor much, it was a job well done. Now let's see if he can finish the draft strong and land that franchise QB.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You are exaggerating to support your point which means it is weak.

2018 $11,250,000

2019 $9,250,000

2020 $9,500,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cordy-glenn-9851/

Spotrac always changes the cap numbers right after a trade happens, so it can be hard to find accurate information. Those numbers you posted are actually what he will cost for the Bengals. His cap hit is cheaper for Cincy since the Bills already paid over $30M (of the $65M) the first 2 years. 

His cap hit for the Bills would have been -

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/5/7/11616536/cordy-glenn-contract-details-salary-cap-savings-for-buffalo-bills

2018 - $14.45M

2019 - $12.45M

2020 - $12.7M