Bombings in Austin

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

This bomber has some pretty significant skills.  Five bombs, one premature detonation, and one sophisticated enough that it apparently included some sort of proximity detonator (tripwire or something.)  That's better than the Unabomber managed, so somebody either knows what the hell they're doing or is really lucky.

I agree. The first two attacks were on people with a family connection, were African-American, with the bombs going off as they were picked up on the front porch. That gave the impression of it being racially motivated, or at least on a grudge against a particular family. There are the only two deaths - so far.

The third (the one that happened in the neighborhood where I work) was a completely unrelated latino family, where the bomb went off after being brought into the house.

Next was the one set off by the proximity detonator, on the opposite side of town, in an affluent neighborhood, injuring two white men in their early 20's.

And now most recently, the one that went off (presumably) prematurely at the FedEx distribution center south of here, only causing minor injuries to one employee.

Not only does this person have significant skills, he's really making it difficult for the authorities by changing up his MO. Judging by reports on the local news radio, they're setting up a task force just as you suggested. I really hope they get this person before anyone else is hurt or killed. Austin is an odd blend of hippie and redneck cultures. Soon we're going to have drum circles and peace marches down town, and yahoos from the suburbs to the sticks blasting anyone coming cose to their property.

It's a bad time to work for the USPS or any other parcel delivery company if you live around here, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't that the plot of one of the CSI's DR wrote?

Any wonder he's "going on a research/vacation trip" at this moment?  Face it, he's helping the FBI on this one. :ph34r:

If he is, and he's in Austin, he'd damn well better contact me for a round of margaritas or I'll kick his ass but good. :lol:

Edited by Azalin
spelling
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KW95 said:

I wonder if the release of the NETFLIX show UNABOMBER helped create this monster.

Yep. And the documentary on Columbine created parkland.  And the release of breaking bad got meth going.

Gotta blame someone

[You're an moron]

On 3/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, Koko78 said:

What a bunch of bullSchiff. You haven't done squat other than post some hashtags.

Had you been serious about this matter, you would have offered thoughts and prayers for the victims. 

You forgot changing his profile pic to the Austin city flag. 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, Koko78 said:

What a bunch of bullSchiff. You haven't done squat other than post some hashtags.

Had you been serious about this matter, you would have offered thoughts and prayers for the victims. You, sir, are a communist/Nazi/misogynist/racist/bigoted so-and-so that blah blah blah eats children blah blah blah kills kittens, hates rainbows and has TWO scoops of ice cream after dinner.

Tomorrow I'm going downtown and marching on the Capitol to protest the 2nd Amendment right to explosives.  No one's more serious than I am.

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Tomorrow I'm going downtown and marching on the Capitol to protest the 2nd Amendment right to explosives.  No one's more serious than I am.

I hope you're successful. No kid should be able to go to a store two blocks from a school and buy assault explosives.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He's not.

I'm "30 - 50 years old" and don't have "any terminal illness or anything like that."

I'm no expert, but those don't sound much like something a psychopathic bomber would claim in a miniature manifesto-like admission posted on reddit.

I'm a little confused on how they got the suspect found so quickly, he was at a hotel, all of this that happen so easily when we still have so many questions about the Las Vegas shooter and everything else like that

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I awoke to the news just a couple hours ago that the guy is dead, but information is coming in constantly - they're still very active in searching for other devices, and are looking at a motel along IH-35 as well as the guy's house, which apparently is in the north suburb of Pflugerville.

From the description they give, after having detonated a bomb in his car while SWAT was moving in, they'll need a bucket to transport his remains.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm a little confused on how they got the suspect found so quickly, he was at a hotel, all of this that happen so easily when we still have so many questions about the Las Vegas shooter and everything else like that

From what I understand, they had a lead as to when he mailed one of the bombs at a FedEx store, and cross-referenced cell phone location data from that time with other places where they suspected the bombs were taken to be delivered. This guy's cell phone was found at multiple locations and times they believed the other bombs were brought for delivery.

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Some clown on Redit is claiming to be the bomber. Stay safe down there everyone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/reddit-user-claims-austin-bomber-compares-zodiac-article-1.3886094

Is this the same source that said the one that blew up at the FedEx facility was supposed to be mailed to Alex Jones?  There was a story on the radio this morning that said there was something on reddit claiming that.  Just once I'd like for one of these crazy twists to be true.

Azalin's post earlier about there being a connection between the first two targets made me wonder if this guy wound up setting off a few extra bombs to throw people off his track.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

Azalin's post earlier about there being a connection between the first two targets made me wonder if this guy wound up setting off a few extra bombs to throw people off his track.

It's been reported all along there is a family connection between the first two victims. They come from an African-American family that is highly regarded within their community. I find it difficult to believe it coincidence that the first two targets were selected at random.  The bomber changed up his MO with the third victim, and each subsequent target after that. You might be correct about his wanting to throw people off his trail, but it seems more likely to me that he just wanted to create as much chaos as he could before going out in a bloody, suicidal blaze.

Then again, who knows? The guy was obviously a maniac, so go figure.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

"They" know all about the Las Vegas shooting.  You don't.

And that's because "they" don't want you to know.  It's why the story died on the vine, and the CIA mouthpieces never covered it.

Think Schiff.  Think KSA.  Think human trafficking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It's been reported all along there is a family connection between the first two victims. They come from an African-American family that is highly regarded within their community. I find it difficult to believe it coincidence that the first two targets were selected at random.  The bomber changed up his MO with the third victim, and each subsequent target after that. You might be correct about his wanting to throw people off his trail, but it seems more likely to me that he just wanted to create as much chaos as he could before going out in a bloody, suicidal blaze.

Then again, who knows? The guy was obviously a maniac, so go figure.

Either way, the guy is in a rush, gets sloppy, and almost immediately gets caught.  Have stories of the bomb squad very cautiously searching his house come out yet?  You know that's coming at some point, unless they were slow enough to release his name so that they could get to his place quietly.

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

"They" know all about the Las Vegas shooting.  You don't.

And that's because "they" don't want you to know.  It's why the story died on the vine, and the CIA mouthpieces never covered it.

Think Schiff.  Think KSA.  Think human trafficking.

Also thinking common sense.

Bad publicity for Las Vegas which is focused around tourism is bad for business.

And country music fans don't matter. 

And roethchild illuminati

For as technically skilled as this criminal was in making bombs, he was a complete novice at criminality.

Thankfully, he was dim enough to take his cellphone with him on his deliveries and assume that in 2018, FedEx wouldn't have decent surveillance equipment in its stores.  Looking at that picture, a guy bringing in boxes *wearing white gloves* in a city where somebody is mailing bombs would be a give away to me.

Edited by dpberr