72 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3rd Teir Bridge QB do u prefer

• Chase Daniels
    • Derek Anderson
    • Matt Moore
    • Chad Henne
    • Mike Glennon
    • Josh McCown

McCown, and really I wouldn't consider him a third their guy at all. He's still a very capable player. He is basically a QB coach on the field. Very handy to have when your team's QB coach is actually a WR coach in disguise. He's older, which means a quicker transition to the rookie and will miss a few games most likely, which means we get to see the rookie get some experience on the field. He is my #1 choice, not only on this list but for any vet QB we could sign.

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think some don't understand the question here this is with a trade up scenario where we land either Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold.  

I would rather start the rookie.

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I choose Chase Daniels here's some of the reasons why. 

#1- He's younger then the other guys at 28yrs old and offers more upside from day one . 

#2 He won't cost much to sign maybe we get him for 3yrs 20mil. 

#3- Although he doesnt have much experience in regular season . He's brought it bigtime during preseason.  Sitting behind Brees for majority of his career maybe he learned some things and just needs a chance to start. 

#4- If he plays well while we develop our young QB to start eventually maybe we can flip him for a couple of pks in next yrs draft considering he would be under contract for another 2yrs at a great price.

Chase Daniel is 31....

He's never really played, though he appears to have some believers around the league.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Even if you knew it meant trading to the top 5 to draft the starter?

But we don't and that is the problem with most of these topics.  You cannot solve the equation if you do not have all of the variables.  Why bother?

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Can we consider Colin Kaepernick and RGIII  in this tier as well?      I wouldn't want them as long term solutions but may be good as stop gap.

You should have to stick your hand in the garbage disposal for posting that.

• Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Chase Daniel is 31....

He's never really played, though he appears to have some believers around the league.

He was great in college and has always looked good in the pre-season.

8 minutes ago, simool said:

You should have to stick your hand in the garbage disposal for posting that.

We have people touting Chase Daniel in this thread...  So why not go for some folks that at least did something in the league.   I will have to clarify that I am not fans of either RG III or CK.  But they seem like better options

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I choose Chase Daniels here's some of the reasons why. 

#1- He's younger then the other guys at 28yrs old and offers more upside from day one

I liked this---guys in the league as a backup for years and he offers upside from day 1!

Anyway, I voted for McCown because he has been a legit starter recently.  Some of these guys I thought were out of the league.

But what is the precedent for this?  Bringing in a career backup as starter so the 1st round rookie can "learn" for a year?  How would it work?  If one of the guys on the list comes in and stinks it up, do they stick to plan and finish the season with him or do they bench him for the rookie?  And When?