Is Glenn a goner??

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I am not sure, he is a pretty affordable tackle option. If they believe he will be healthy this year I would rather keep him. I would also prefer to move him to RT and keep Dawkins at left. 

....and perhaps a move to RT may not be as demanding as the blind side, prolonging his career...BUT....some posters said "he would never go for that"......if he is healthy and can play the right side effectively, who cares if he's getting LT money?......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and perhaps a move to RT may not be as demanding as the blind side, prolonging his career...BUT....some posters said "he would never go for that"......if he is healthy and can play the right side effectively, who cares if he's getting LT money?......

He has already made big money, I don't see why he would care at this point. I actually think he would be an elite RT, compared to an above average LT. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I don't see him going anywhere by next Friday.  If anything he would be part of a draft day move up package.

I think he will be traded before the 2mill bonus is due

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of money at this point but some guys are just more comfortable on one side than the other. Has ever played RT? 

Unfortunately, it kind of looks like he may be.

It's a shame, because the Bills will be dealing him when his value is at its all time lowest.

I don't really understand the desire to trade away a quality, starting caliber tackle on a good contract. IF you feel like his health problems will be ongoing, then sure, I can see moving on. But we have no indication that that's the case. If he's slated to be fully healthy for 2018, I'd much rather keep him. Seems like Beane and McDermott think otherwise, though. The writing is on the wall with Cordy. They almost sent him to Seattle last year.

• Like (+1) 2

I have a feeling he will be gone soon, particularly since it seems they tried to trade him before the trading deadline last season.

I would like to see him stay, more so if we are planning to play a rookie QB (whether at RT or LT).

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

When Glenn is healthy he is a top 10 LT, I'm really hoping he can make a comeback. 

If he can come back healthy and if the staff believes that Dawkins can play RT, this should be the strategy.

In that scenario, all they would really need is a RG and back up center. Also, if Daboll believes in Miller, the Bills could have their starting 5 in front of them.

But, how often does it work out in your favor?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he will be traded before the 2mill bonus is due

I don’t think it’s a matter of money at this point but some guys are just more comfortable on one side than the other. Has ever played RT? 

....don't know and don't know how tough the transition is....too bad Shaunta53 no longer posts here....he was a line guru exponentially.........

The days of the LT being way more important than RT  are over. With how often the defensive line rotates & DE's switch sides, the RT spot is just as important as LT. I dont know how important it is to a tackles mindset that theyre LT or RT. But I too would rather we keep Glenn at this point if he's healthy. Especially with us bringing in 1 or 2 new qb's this year. Giving them every chance at success is key. We've paid the price of not having Glenn healthy the past couple years. Hopefully his injury issues have been fixed & he'll be ready to go

From what I have seen on Sporttrac if they cut Glenn this season they only save 3.35 million on the 2018 cap. If the team cuts him in 2019 they save 6 million. So the Bills could cut Glenn in 2018 they save 3.35 million in 2018 and 6.5 million in 2019 vs. cutting him in 2019. So the question you have to ask is cutting Glenn in 2018 worth 9 million in cap space spread across 2 seasons (With only 3ish million coming right away?)

I think given that Glenn is a young player at a premium position the team is much better off trying to see if he can return from injury in 2018 (esp if you have a rookie QB, protection will be key.) Now if the Bills were to trade him they do save a bit more in 2018 (4.8 million) which could honestly be a bit more attractive. But unless the Giants or another trade up partner wants Glenn as a throw-in, I don't see any significant offer coming in for him. 

I think he gets traded next week to the Giants and the Bills acquire the number 2 pick in the draft. The Giants are rebuiding their line and sign Norwell and draft an OLine guy with our #21 pick like Daniels or Hernandez and with #22 draft a RB like Sony Michel. These teams want to figure the trade out before FA

Edited by horned dogs

All kidding aside...why is Glenn so disliked/disrespected by Bills fans? Im well aware of the predraft rumor Nix  started but the whole first part of his career people wanted to kick him inside, make him play guard or over to RT. Then when we finally get a kid that can play LT or RT people insist he be traded. 

Cordy Glenn (when healthy) is an extremely good lineman. He makes the team better when he plays. If he's healthy enough to play it needs to be for Buffalo. If he's not healthy enough to play no one is going to take his salary anyways. I hope he's healthy, he stays and we reap the benefits of him playing here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1