Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

and the truth is we will never really know just how much Dennison had to do with that benching.

We were not scoring points.....which is basically the bottom line.

Dennison was right, Peterman scored a lot of points. Unfortunately not for us.

4 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

exactly what a majority of browns fans want to happen now.    Barkley,   trade the 4th pick or take the best QB available

run run run,  let Tyrod manage the game.

Sounds familiar.    Browns fans are under the impression Tyrod wouldve been alot better if the Bills had talent tho.

Well, I think you are right about what the Browns fans are thinking.

But to me technically Tyrod wouldn't have been better. He would be the same and the whole team would do better because of other people.

To me the one thing Tyrod did that was absolutely vital was stay alive. He made our line look better than they are. Or so says I. I know he holds the ball longer so its harder to keep guys out. But still, as best i could tell, an ordinary human being behind that line would not have survived the season.

I want to know what Dawkins looks like for example with a QB who can't slip away like Tyrod did. I don't believe in Dawkins yet.,

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

and the truth is we will never really know just how much Dennison had to do with that benching.

Agreed 100% 

there are some that believe Dennison had some “power” over the decision.  

I personally don’t buy it. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think McD makes the final call on this decision, Dennison in no way has the pull to bench a QB. I would say Dennison and McD watched the film and McD made the final call on benching Taylor. There was easily enough bad game tape to justify benching Taylor. I disagree with benching only because you don't start a mid rd rookie against a Chargers defense. If they would've just started Taylor for that Chargers game Peterman would've been the starter for the remaining games. 

McD biggest mistake in his 1st year as a HC was starting Peterman vs the Chargers defense. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall in that meeting where they made the decision to start Peterman over Taylor.

I don't think Dennison being fired had anything to due with benching Taylor but more the offensive production as a whole for the season. Plus Dennison was the best OC available from a poor OC hire pool. I think it's safe to say Dennison knew he had to produce in his 1st year or be fired.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IMO it was keeping Taylor. 

So McDermott's biggest mistake in his 1st year was making the playoffs?

If that is considered a mistake, I can't wait to see his successes. Sooo   peeerrr   booooowl         Sooo peeeerrrr booooowl!

10 hours ago, PolishDave said:

So McDermott's biggest mistake in his 1st year was making the playoffs?

If that is considered a mistake, I can't wait to see his successes. Sooo   peeerrr   booooowl         Sooo peeeerrrr booooowl!

Taylor was part of the TEAM than made the playoffs BECAUSE Andy Dalton threw a 4th down TD pass with 14 seconds to go in their wee 17 game against the Ravens fighting for the last WC spot.  

If you think THREE count them, THREE 3 point games is worthy..... 

If you think getting benched in the blowout loss to NO and the benching for the Chargers game wasn't warranted, you are not paying attention.

The Taylor bandwagon is packing up and heading for Cleveland because he wasn't the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Taylor was part of the TEAM than made the playoffs BECAUSE Andy Dalton threw a 4th down TD pass with 14 seconds to go in their wee 17 game against the Ravens fighting for the last WC spot.  

If you think THREE count them, THREE 3 point games is worthy..... 

If you think getting benched in the blowout loss to NO and the benching for the Chargers game wasn't warranted, you are not paying attention.

The Taylor bandwagon is packing up and heading for Cleveland because he wasn't the answer. 

If you honestly think his biggest mistake, after making the playoffs and still having a ton of ammo for a future qb, is keeping Taylor i honestly think you might have been further gone than what I thought. Geez man. 

For me it was passing on Watson at 10. Even still I would have wanted them to keep Taylor and let them compete. We now know Watson’s obviously would have taken over. 

And fyi... the bills make the playoffs becuz they did what they needed to do through all 16 games and the ravens didn’t. Why do people try to dampen the playoffs whenever they have to make arguments against Taylor? It’s lame and just not a very good look. 

One other positive with Taylor being gone is the board won’t have to deal with irrational over the top views and takes about the qb position for a little while. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

46 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If you honestly think his biggest mistake, after making the playoffs and still having a ton of ammo for a future qb, is keeping Taylor i honestly think you might have been further gone than what I thought. Geez man. 

For me it was passing on Watson at 10. Even still I would have wanted them to keep Taylor and let them compete. We now know Watson’s obviously would have taken over. 

And fyi... the bills make the playoffs becuz they did what they needed to do through all 16 games and the ravens didn’t. Why do people try to dampen the playoffs whenever they have to make arguments against Taylor? It’s lame and just not a very good look. 

One other positive with Taylor being gone is the board won’t have to deal with irrational over the top views and takes about the qb position for a little while. 

Taylor is gone.   I am trying to move on but the Taylor fans are not willing to let it go.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't see the writing on the wall because Tyrod bounced right back off the bench, the OC said to be the "driving force" for the benching got fired, and most important...I felt the Bills would NOT move on from Tyrod until they had a reasonable new plan solidly in place.

That is one reason many here are hopeful that the trading of Tyrod means we actually have just that (a reasonable new plan in place)

You may not have seen that writing, but it was there.

They said they wouldn't trade him without a solid plan in place? In the Tim Graham interview they went beyond that, Beane saying, "You have to know you've made an upgrade, you don't just change to change at any position, so right now Nathan and Tyrod both are on our roster, that's where we're at. We're doing our due diligence both in free agency and the draft but we very well could see both those guys going to training camp and competing to start next year." 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/28/on-todays-tim-graham-show-brandon-beane-chad-kelly-big-4-hoops-and-more/

"You have to know you've made an upgrade." How can the Bills know that in the current situation? They can't. In other words, this was all smoke, just as it seemed from the minute they sat Tyrod down in a playoff race. And continued giving the press the most tepid sitreps imaginable on Tyrod.

What plan do they have now on the roster? And yet, it was the Bills placing the call, not the Browns.

They wanted him out. They got their wish. The only vestige of surprise here is how much they got for him. Great job, Beane.

Yeah, they may have a good plan in place, but before FA starts, "man plans and God laughs."

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Taylor is gone.   I am trying to move on but the Taylor fans are not willing to let it go.  

No you're not.   If you were you wouldn't have chimed in with the ridiculous comment that keeping the QB who led the Bills to their first playoff game in 17 years was a mistake.

You are capable of much better takes.   I have seen them.    This take belongs on your shitlist because that is what it is a shittake.

In my opinion, the Bills are moving on from Taylor at the right time.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

So Taylor played no role in the Bills making the playoffs?

:rolleyes:

He did, he did. Absolutely no question.

So did Ramon Humber.

And Rick Dennison.

And Vlad Ducasse. And Zay Jones. I could name around 50 - 70 guys who played a role.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Holy Sh?? Merry Christmas .If the Browns start him this might be one of the stupidest decisions for Cleveland. No wonder they have sucked for two decades....

Hahahahaha! just saw this reply,  from ¨ LABILL-SUPPOSEDLY-BACKER¨ , dude.. now you are going to troll the Brownies for starting TT??  HAHAHAHA! Priceless!! :D

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I agree with you Stank, about the positive you list in the end...however there are still chances we will have a legion of trollers, starting threads here, about how bad (they hope) TT is playing in CLE, so be ready for this board to look like a Browns fan dumping box....

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Its Monday.....

I think it is time to turn the page on Tyrod Taylor....at least for me it is.

!@#$ that.  I'm still celebrating!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2