FA DE Owa Odighizuwa working out for Bills (update:Signed)

I like this. 

I like getting good athletes drafted high who struggle on their rookie contracts.  They have talent and they have something to prove.  

McDermott is the kind of coach - sincere, understanding but demanding - who can help a guy committed to getting better.  

Ivory, Davis and Iggy.  Inexpensive talent.  Draft picks are inexpensive talent too.  Pretty clear that's what McBeane are looking for.  

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

Lol. Beane is from North Carolina which means he is genetically precluded from saying anything fast ONCE, let alone 10 times. 

I resemble that remark...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was just going to post this.  Incredible story.

Low risk, high reward thing I presume.  He wore out his welcome with the Giants between injuries and a PED suspension.  In between he showed flashes.

If his head is together and he's off the juice, could contribute

He's probably a low-risk, low-reward player investment. 

But reading his backstory, I find myself rooting  for the guy to finally live up to his potential.  Especially since he'll be wearing a Bills uni.  

21 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Loved him coming out of UCLA.  Lots of injuries though and drug suspension last year.  His father also killed 3 people according to the google machine.  Guess we gotta bring 90 guys to training camp.  

Seem a lot of him at the Rose Bowl. He is quick off the snap. He's quicker and a better pass rusher than Shaq.

15 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

He's probably a low-risk, low-reward player investment. 

But reading his backstory, I find myself rooting  for the guy to finally live up to his potential.  Especially since he'll be wearing a Bills uni.  

He's young and was a high draft pick.  His measurables are indicative of a far better player than he has shown to be thus far in his career.  He lost his first year to injury then couldn't crack a very strong defense that the Giants had.  I think his upside is far higher than you are giving credit for,  but there is certainly a chance he'll do nothing, in which case Buffalo has spent very little.

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Seem a lot of him at the Rose Bowl. He is quick off the snap. He's quicker and a better pass rusher than Shaq.

Get out of here with that nonsense. Shaq has the stats to back up he is the better pass rusher than this guy. 

22 hours ago, LEBills said:

Build that Dline rotation! He has been a disappointment so far but I like the idea of bringing guys like him in that have all the athleticism you could want but that haven’t been able to put it together.

Right. I like that the FO has spotted a trouble area and are addressing it quickly and early.

I think D-line/D-line depth is the team's greatest area of concern despite all the QB talk and need for a good one.

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Right. I like that the FO has spotted a trouble area and are addressing it quickly and early.

I think D-line/D-line depth is the team's greatest area of concern despite all the QB talk and need for a good one.

Definitely agree. Did you know that we didn’t draft a DLineman in ANY round in the 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015 draft? Just crazy - especially when you look at the QBs, RBs and CBs we took in that timeframe - and it has caught up to us.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Oh Diggy zoo wah

dilly, dilly

We can now make our response Bills specific and use 'Diggy Diggy!"

1 hour ago, BuffaloButt said:

How much was his deal worth?

Hopefully it's not another $6 Mil for 2 years.  Since he is not guaranteed to make the team, their shouldn't be any guaranteed money.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 87168 said:

hah when ignorance has internet access.

so afraid of what's different huh?

or you can call him by his real name....

it's really grotesque and disrespectful.

Why don't you come right out and say what you mean?  Make sure to ignore what I said years ago about Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert being sure fire misses. Oh yeah...don't forget about Talleywhacker.

Anyway now that OO is a Bill, I'm all in.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I'm very impressed with these signings. Getting Vontae Davis under 5M, if he's even close to his form 2 seasons ago we got a real solid pickup there, Chris Ivory is going to be the goaline back and change of pace back that Tolbert wasn't, he plays violent and I like that. Odigzuwah hasn't panned out but could just need a life change, this might kick it into gear for him, man if we can even get a rotational pass rusher out of him it would be decent and these signings don't mess with our comp picks which is a huge bonus and it's nice to finally have a regime who values those picks for once.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

That's not what anyone's saying at all.

I read it.

I have no doubt that they are hoping to trade up.

That's why they have been stacking draft chips at the expense of not drafting a QB last spring and then trading their 23 year old star WR and their troubled but impactful run stuffing DT.

But they are signing players now because they have a very old team with A LOT more needs/holes than any other playoff team and they don't want to be left empty handed if the bidding gets out of hand for players they need to keep them competitive again.

Perhaps settling for less potential or health and a bit more money than they'd like to pay.......but birds in hand in case to turns into a sellers market.   

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I read it.

I have no doubt that they are hoping to trade up.

That's why they have been stacking draft chips at the expense of not drafting a QB last spring and then trading their 23 year old star WR and their troubled but impactful run stuffing DT.

But they are signing players now because they have a very old team with A LOT more needs/holes than any other playoff team and they don't want to be left empty handed if the bidding gets out of hand for players they need to keep them competitive again.

Perhaps settling for less potential or health and a bit more money than they'd like to pay.......but birds in hand in case to turns into a sellers market.   

I agree with the bolded and am glad to see the team getting things in order. At first I thought a trade up wasn't very likely. Then the Browns said they are open to trade. Then the Giants say they are good at QB. At the very least things are looking more open and there might be opportunity. 

So I wouldn't argue that they are hoping to trade up if things are really open for them. I just hope if they really do burn that draft capital that it one day pays off. Also if they trade up I would rather have them go all in and get tops. Trade up big or go home. 

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I like this. 

I like getting good athletes drafted high who struggle on their rookie contracts.  They have talent and they have something to prove.  

McDermott is the kind of coach - sincere, understanding but demanding - who can help a guy committed to getting better.  

Ivory, Davis and Iggy.  Inexpensive talent.  Draft picks are inexpensive talent too.  Pretty clear that's what McBeane are looking for.  

It's easy for me to like McDermott. I do think he got the best from the team he inherited. I trust the moves he made. Also I think the guy is more aggressive then some people might give him credit for.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm very impressed with these signings. Getting Vontae Davis under 5M, if he's even close to his form 2 seasons ago we got a real solid pickup there, Chris Ivory is going to be the goaline back and change of pace back that Tolbert wasn't, he plays violent and I like that. Odigzuwah hasn't panned out but could just need a life change, this might kick it into gear for him, man if we can even get a rotational pass rusher out of him it would be decent and these signings don't mess with our comp picks which is a huge bonus and it's nice to finally have a regime who values those picks for once.

Eh! The best of the comp picks are after the third round.  We're talking about my be the 100th player.  How many of them contribute?  At least the comp picks are now tradable.