FA DE Owa Odighizuwa working out for Bills (update:Signed)

6 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

So we picked up a RB a CB and a DE before free agency even starts. Almost like we have plans on moving up in the draft.

I hope so. 

But Beane also talked about filling as many holes in free agency as possible to open up the draft board and allow drafting the BPA in April (as most every GM says every year... lol). 

19 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sorry if my imprecise adjective offended you.  Please revise "stupid" and replace it with "ridiculous".  

19 hours ago, Turk71 said:

His family is from Nigeria. Should Nigerians change their names to Frank or Richard?  Are those names smarter?

We can call him Ed 

49 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

In case you want to pronounce it like a pro... I heard: 

Oh diggy zoo ah

Guy looked disruptive as hell and angry in college. 

His body type reminds me so much of old 78. Has nothing to do with his ability or whether he even makes the roster. Did make me nostalgic tho

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t see this I. Time 

4 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I can’t help but believe they are making these signing at positions of need because they are going to package picks to move up in the draft. 

+1

They will make a move now...maybe allen or mayfield fall to 9 and we can move up...i think if they are really active come next wed they might even leap frog to 3

I like it.  Low risk high upside.  Not just a camp guy.  Has the physical talent to catch on.

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

This signing has no barring on any future plans. It is a camp body and will not change the draft or future FA plans. No one  is getting cut because we signed this guy. 

Agree.  They need bodies at DE, RB, and CB right now.  Ivory and Davis have shown success in the league, but are old and coming off poor years.  The DE has been a workout warrior but cant get on the field.  He has the measurables but needs to makes plays.  I think best case he is this years yarbourough, worst case he gets cut.

30 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I can’t help but believe they are making these signing at positions of need because they are going to package picks to move up in the draft. 

21 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

This signing has no barring on any future plans. It is a camp body and will not change the draft or future FA plans. No one  is getting cut because we signed this guy. 

I think Jamie is right. Signing three players at positions of need (CB2, RB2, DE depth/special teams player), all of whom don't count against the Bills in compensatory pick formula, spells a trade-up. Read this:

https://www.cover1.net/early-buffalo-bills-free-agent-moves-are-evidence-that-the-team-is-serious-about-trading-up-in-2018-nfl-draft/

I agree with it. 

Everyone is saying "camp body, vet minimum guy, means nothing". I agree with points one and two, and the idea that Odighizuwa is not guaranteed a roster spot. But if you look at the overall strategy the Bills seem to be employing right now, it sure SEEMS like they plan to trade up.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I think Jamie is right. Signing three players at positions of need (CB2, RB2, DE depth/special teams player), all of whom don't count against the Bills in compensatory pick formula, spells a trade-up. Read this:

https://www.cover1.net/early-buffalo-bills-free-agent-moves-are-evidence-that-the-team-is-serious-about-trading-up-in-2018-nfl-draft/

I agree with it. 

Everyone is saying "camp body, vet minimum guy, means nothing". I agree with points one and two, and the idea that Odighizuwa is not guaranteed a roster spot. But if you look at the overall strategy the Bills seem to be employing right now, it sure SEEMS like they plan to trade up.

Yep.......21+ 22 + three 2019 comp picks.........an offer Cleveland can't refuse.

20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

A better stupid name than Vita Vea.  And on the cheap.  

20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sorry if my imprecise adjective offended you.  Please revise "stupid" and replace it with "ridiculous".  

hah when ignorance has internet access.

so afraid of what's different huh?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We can call him Ed 

or you can call him by his real name....

11 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Your joke-comment about another culture’s name being stupid missed.  Don’t try to evolve it a different stupid joke.  Just move on.  You have mostly hits, but there’s a reason you are a forum jokester lol

it's really grotesque and disrespectful.