Trade Dion Dawkins

I know some will say that's ridiculous, but he could be the key to getting a franchise QB.

Glenn is worth more to the Bills than any other team.  We know how good he is and we have spent the time healing his foot.

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

If the Giants wanted Dawkins and both firsts, would you do it?  I know I absolutely would.  I may be more confident than others that Glenn will come back and be good again, but I need a QB bad right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I know some will say that's ridiculous, but he could be the key to getting a franchise QB.

Glenn is worth more to the Bills than any other team.  We know how good he is and we have spent the time healing his foot.

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

If the Giants wanted Dawkins and both firsts, would you do it?  I know I absolutely would.  I may be more confident than others that Glenn will come back and be good again, but I need a QB bad right now.

Really not a bad idea IF the giants value him as a first rd pick.  Then we just NEED Cordy to come back healthy.  Dawkins was impressive and a cornerstone of this team.  But if it allows us to get great QB, so be it

• Like (+1) 1

I love Dawkins, but if the Giants were actually willing to accept 21, 22 and Dawkins for #2, I think I'd have to do it. 

Thats really not that steep of a price for the #2 pick, and like you said we still have Glenn who we know is a franchise LT. Outside of this foot injury, he really hasn't missed time or shown to be injury prone. So I'm relatively confident that he will be a reliable LT again. 

Problem is that i don't think it's a realistic scenario. it'll take take more than that to get to #2. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

...makes PERFECT sense to me....."creating MORE holes" is a proven winning formula.....ranks right up there with the "fire McBeane/fire McD" gang......hell at least McDaboll gets a pass so far because he hasn't even unpacked yet......FA and the draft cannot get here SOON ENOUGH....good Lord...........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...makes PERFECT sense to me....."creating MORE holes" is a proven winning formula.....ranks right up there with the "fire McBeane/fire McD" gang......hell at least McDaboll gets a pass so far because he hasn't even unpacked yet......FA and the draft cannot get here SOON ENOUGH....good Lord...........

How is it creating another hole?  We would be filling a hole we had for over 20 frickin years.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

If Dion Dawkins continues to prove he can play left tackle successfully, he is worth his weight in gold.

Having your left tackle locked up for the next five years at a 2nd round draft choice's contract rate is how winning  teams are built.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I think I'd rather trade next years first round pick...........but I get your point.

The people that think they can throw in Cordy Glenn and Tyrod and their contracts and eschew spending an extra first round pick are dreaming.

The only players that have real value in a first round trade-up are White and Dawkins..............I mentioned during the season that White and a first might be enough to move up into the top 5 with a team that was thinking about picking one of the top DB's.

I certainly don't want to trade either player but if you think you are getting a 15 year franchise QB it's a pretty easy decision.     

What I don't want is Glenn being dealt for scraps and Dawkins being handed the LT job and him showing up fat and unmotivated.    That sh*t happens.   Competition is very good.