Trade Dion Dawkins

1 hour ago, Putin said:

So your telling me that ( for example of course)  we have the deal with the Giants / Colts in place the only issue they want Dawkins instead of Glenn and McBean says no and walks away from trade deal ?  Because I guess Dawkins is more important to the team and would be so much harder to replace that McBean would just walk away from a chance of FINALLY  getting our potential franchise QB !!!   

+1

In that scenario you’re giving away a known commodity for an unknown one; additionally what guarantees do you have that Glenn’s foot is ready to be full time LT again?? If he’s not you’ve just taken away your young QB’s blindside protection. IMHO, that’s not smart.

11 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I know some will say that's ridiculous, but he could be the key to getting a franchise QB.

Glenn is worth more to the Bills than any other team.  We know how good he is and we have spent the time healing his foot.

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

If the Giants wanted Dawkins and both firsts, would you do it?  I know I absolutely would.  I may be more confident than others that Glenn will come back and be good again, but I need a QB bad right now.

That's ridiculous

If Dawkins was a similar talent at a different position, I'd agree with you. But trading away a very promising OT to get a rookie QB is like selling your tires to put gas in your car.

Edited by sodbuster
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

The top 3 LTs are all better than any left tackle in the draft last year, even after Brown's shocking combine.  That said part of the reason Dawkins ended up low 2nd was because people were not sure he could play LT at the NFL level a lot of people had him sliding inside which probably hurt his draft value a bit. 

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Just posted on Twitter:

@JeremyWGR: Twitter trade offer - 

Bills #21, #22, Dion Dawkins, and next years 2nd round pick to NYG for #2. Who says no?

Ittakestime - are you Jeremy White?

I just saw this lmao, I came directly here to say the same thing. 

This actually isn't a bad idea, at all. Not sure why some of you are trashing it like it's ridiculous. Hell, I think there were a couple threads trashing Dawkins, with complaints of trading up for him on this board early on. Was Dawkins a 2nd round pick? Was a Glenn a 2nd round pick? If I have a chance to get a potential franchise QB, while keeping both 2nds, sign me up. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Honestly, if this is what it would take to get to 2 and get the best QB in the class, I wouldn't think twice about it.  If we don't hit on a QB in the next 3 years, we might watch Dawkins walk away in free agency for nothing anyways.  I would be totally fine if the Bills make this trade.  I would applaud their aggressiveness.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

YOU DON"T TRADE YOUNG TALENT LIKE DAWKINS INSTEAD OF DRAFT PICKS!!!! I'd trade 3 more draft picks before giving away a guy who could be our left tackle of the future.  Those draft picks are not sure things by any means.  This is beyond stupid IMO

Oh, so if the Lions called and said we will give you Stafford for a 1st and Tre White, you so no? THAT is beyond stupid. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Oh, so if the Lions called and said we will give you Stafford for a 1st and Tre White, you so no? THAT is beyond stupid. 

WHAT??!!??  That isn't the scenario.  If the option is to trade 5 draft picks or 2 draft picks and Dawkins, I choose giving away the draft picks.  They aren't sure things, Dawkins could be our franchise tackle for years.  Who said anything about Stafford and White??

i certainly understand the idea, and if you really could jump to 2, you'd at least have to give it consideration.  i would just hate to lose dawkins.  i think he's going to be a massively important part of this team moving forward.  as badol mentioned, i think i'd rather give up the first next year instead.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

WHAT??!!??  That isn't the scenario.  If the option is to trade 5 draft picks or 2 draft picks and Dawkins, I choose giving away the draft picks.  They aren't sure things, Dawkins could be our franchise tackle for years.  Who said anything about Stafford and White??

WHAT??? and I quote "YOU DON'T TRADE YOUNG TALENT LIKE DAWKINS INSTEAD OF DRAFT PICKS" 

You made it sound like you don't trade young talent in any scenario. Be more clear next time. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

WHAT??? and I quote "YOU DON'T TRADE YOUNG TALENT LIKE DAWKINS INSTEAD OF DRAFT PICKS" 

You made it sound like you don't trade young talent in any scenario. Be more clear next time. 

I explained it in the following sentence man...thanks though

Edited by Buffalo30

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You're welcome

A suggestion for you, don't dream up a scenario that isn't remotely realistic to attempt to make an argument.  Also, read the full posts and dissect what it means before jumping off a cliff over one sentence that could be explained later.