Rumor: L.Jackson 2nd QB on Bills Board

15 minutes ago, billspro said:

Beane and McDermott are not the type of guys that let their QB rankings leak. 

Can't believe anything you hear these days...remember when Nix planted the rumor that Cordy Glenn couldn't play tackle and he was a guard so he would fall and we could hopefully draft him in the 2nd round...

So much of this stuff is intentional misdirection by teams

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Can't believe anything you hear these days...remember when Nix planted the rumor that Cordy Glenn couldn't play tackle and he was a guard so he would fall and we could hopefully draft him in the 2nd round...

So much of this stuff is intentional misdirection by teams

This is when you don't buy what is being reported...

Sure he could be #2 on their board IF they stay at 21.  There are just too many caveats, arrangements at this point to know anything for sure.  Prime Time doesn't like Lamar for Buffalo but he doesn't get to decide.  I kinda agree with Prime on this actually.  I like Mayfield as #1 for Buffalo and Jackson could be a #2 as I'm thinking about Daboll.  But again, as Beane said, they are not going to try to look at Daboll and say ok which guy fits that.  Rather, they are going to draft the best guy and Brian will have his work cut out for him.  To me, at this point, if we cannot get into the top 5 which I just feel like is an impossibility one question I'd have to ask is, can Daboll give us at least one good year out of TT.  And by good, I'm not talking about anything Brady-esque.  I'm talking about can Daboll at least give us the Tyrod that Lynn and Roman gave us with just a little more passing?  I feel like if we had that offense we score more.  How much more I don't know, but certainly more than the wreck that we had this past season.

If we can land Mayfield we can move on from TT rather quickly IMO.  If we land a QB like Jackson then TT most likely will start all season unless he gets hurt and then Peterman would step in as next in line.  There are worse situations to be in.  I for one would rather have Rosen or Mayfield, but if we cannot get up there to get them for whatever reason, I'd be fine with taking Jackson but NOT trading up into the top 10 for him.  He needs to sit a full season because he's just not ready.  Now one thing I would do if we did take Jackson is have one or two packages with him and the other QB in the game at the same time, but nothing extensive and nothing to run every week.  You just put it out there and see how other teams respond to it.

In any case, we'll see how things turn out.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m a little surprised if he is their QB #2 (although I guess some teams may have him there). I wouldn’t at all be surprised if their “plan number 2” was to stay put and get Jackson.  His playmaking skills will certainly offset the lack of playmakers on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

I could buy Rosen 1, Jackson 2. 

Some of the other Erhardt Perkins teams who could be picking quarterbacks include Todd Haley with the Browns, the Cards with Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt with the Chargers and Adam Gase with Miami. Mike Shula, now with the Giants is also a E-P guy. 

Ha there's been a rumor connecting the Bills with every 1st round QB. I think the only one I haven't seen is Mayfield which makes me wonder if he's the real target. But who knows, it's impossible to separate the legit info from the smokescreens this time of year.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Jackson is a guy I can see going earlier than people think. Big arm, very mobile. Even if he’s a bridge qb that’s a very good bridge qb. I think he’s better than tyrod already. 

Jackson is already a better runner than Tyrod. Big question with him is his intermediate accuracy but personally I love his game and he's gotten better every year.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

NFL Draft 2018: One team reportedly has Lamar Jackson as their No. 2-ranked QB

NFL Draft 2018:

According to ESPN.com, at least one NFL team had Jackson ranked as their No. 2 quarterback in this year's draft class. The team in question remained unnamed.

In other words, probably an agent trying to increase Jackson's draft stock lol.

Why on earth would they draft a less accurate version of what they already have? My take is that the FO hired a new OC to move away from that run-first offense of the last few years to a more refined pocket passing QB.

I hope the Browns take RB Barkley #1 and Jackson with that #4 pick thinking he is another DeShaun Watson...and what they will get is another Geno Smith.

Edited by Nihilarian