What crazy draft action would create the biggest stir?

Virgil

There’s a rumor out there of the Dolphins trading up to get Rosen. Now, I know that everything being reported about the draft right now is pure nonsense and smokescreens. But this did get me thinking. What types of things happening in the draft would make this board blow up?

1 - we trade up to the top 10 and don’t take a QB. And two of the top 4 are still there. 

2 - If one of the non-qb needy teams trade up and take a QB. I think everyone would go into panic mode. 

3 - if Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold fall past 10. Everyone will lose their **** about us trading up immediately. 

I will say this. I do trust that GM’s typically know what they are doing and the McDermott has a long term plan. If any of these happen and we don’t take a QB, then I trust we had good reason.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Biggest stir would be the giants passing on a QB at number two. Think that would start a possible free for all to get ahead of Denver and jets by multiple teams including the bills.

I see what you're saying, but I really don't see this as a surprise... I actually am at the point where I would be surprised if they did take a QB at 2. 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There’s a rumor out there of the Dolphins trading up to get Rosen. Now, I know that everything being reported about the draft right now is pure nonsense and smokescreens. But this did get me thinking. What types of things happening in the draft would make this board blow up?

1 - we trade up to the top 10 and don’t take a QB. And two of the top 4 are still there. 

2 - If one of the non-qb needy teams trade up and take a QB. I think everyone would go into panic mode. 

3 - if Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold fall past 10. Everyone will lose their **** about us trading up immediately. 

I will say this. I do trust that GM’s typically know what they are doing and the McDermott has a long term plan. If any of these happen and we don’t take a QB, then I trust we had good reason.  

I'm going with #1. If we traded all the way up to the top 10 for non quarterback, people, including me, would lose their minds...we've been down this road before and it is a dark place. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

IMO, the Colts picking a QB that high would be quite "stiry."

yup. colts take qb at 3 and trade luck to the jets for the 6 pick and second rounder and next years first. colts could get loaded real quick and jets nothing to surround luck with. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I've been reading a bunch about this years QB class, many guru's, analysts and experts are saying that this is the best/deepest QB class they've seen since the 2004 group with Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger. The odds of some of these guys falling are slim to none.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

That New England trades Tom Brady to the Browns for their 2018 #1, #4 overall picks plus Cleveland’s 2019 1st and 3rd round picks so they can draft the QB (Darnold?) choice. Now THAT would cause a draft day stir!

And of course, NE* and Cleveland end up in the AFC Championship, causing the biggest debate on TSW since Flutie/RJ.

3 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Bills Stand pat.....draft 2 CB's with 21 and 22........BOOM!

Don't be ridiculous.

They'd take a CB and a S.

Edited by KD in CA

There is going to be a trade up for a QB that no one expected.  Correct me if I am wrong, but Chicago trading up for Trubisky, after they signed Glennon, was not seen by anyone.  I bet there is a move like that, which concerns me, because EVERYONE is talking about the Bills potentially trading up, so that wouldn't be a shock.  The only Bill related shock would be if they traded up to the #1 pick, which would likely require 2 moves, since Cleveland needs to stay in the top 3 or 4 to get a top QB.

• Like (+1) 1