Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

TT still couldn’t pass under Alynn and the offense was incredibly unbalanced. The stats looked good but the wins did not because defenses knew what they had to do in crunch time and they were one dimensional. A  DFS passing game is not a recipe for success. You have to have a balanced offense.

I remember him from FNL

Taylor a 1 year bridge or another better till the drafted QB is ready. Taylor is a backup and a class act who I like.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The overall points looked good but they weren’t in the right place to translate to a playoff team. They rolled up the score on bad teams, but couldn’t win games that needed them to pull it out at the end like Seattle. You simply can’t depend on the D keeping teams to 10-15 points a game. That’s what the Bills have been doing for 20 years - trying to win with a running game and D and hide the QB. You will inevitably play offenses that no D can completely stop like NE, NO, Pitt etc and need to have a passing game to win.

Yes and No.  

We scored 30+ vs the Fish and the D meanwhile gave up more.  We scored 31 vs the Jets but the D gave up 37.  We put up 25 vs Pats and Fish first time and Hawks losing all 3.  D has to take some blame for those too.  Only one game we would have won if the D kept the other team to 15.  Stealers, we lost 27-20.

If Rex had built us a great D as promised, the drought would have ended a year or two ealier.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes and No.  

We scored 30+ vs the Fish and the D meanwhile gave up more.  We scored 31 vs the Jets but the D gave up 37.  We put up 25 vs Pats and Fish first time and Hawks losing all 3.  D has to take some blame for those too.  Only one game we would have won if the D kept the other team to 15.  Stealers, we lost 27-20.

If Rex had built us a great D as promised, the drought would have ended a year or two ealier.

Yes. rex’s d sucked. 

This doesn't mean anything on whether or not the Bills are going to keep him.

If they pay the $6 million, he's much easier to trade. Not only that, but his contract is so cheap for the position that it's not a huge hit to them if they have to eat some money. 

$10 million for a serviceable but mediocre starter with "potential" and/or a quality backup at the QB position is good value that other teams would likely be interested in. This is actually smart if the Bills hope to get something in return for him.

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

Taylor a 1 year bridge or another better till the drafted QB is ready. Taylor is a backup and a class act who I like.

It has been said throughout the media as well and not just on here is that you run a limited playbook with TT, for a rook who will be on the bench and learning I would prefer not to have to run and practice with a limited playbook...

Also I would rather have a QB who can make reads to be able to help groom the rook - Fitz, McCown are those guys, TT isn't

As a person I love TT, he is a class act and a backup. He is also not the right person to help a rookie imo

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It has been said throughout the media as well and not just on here is that you run a limited playbook with TT, for a rook who will be on the bench and learning I would prefer not to have to run and practice with a limited playbook...

Also I would rather have a QB who can make reads to be able to help groom the rook - Fitz, McCown are those guys, TT isn't

As a person I love TT, he is a class act and a backup. He is also not the right person to help a rookie imo

I agree with this.  A rookie could learn from Taylor's professionalism, but isn't going to learn an awful lot about actually playing the position from Taylor.  I agree that Fitz and McCown would be better guys for that role.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

"Tyrod, he's the most underrated guy in free agency, in my opinion," Thomas said. "I like him better than all those other sort of second-tier guys."

Tyrod ain't a free agent!!

Just now, dave mcbride said:

"Tyrod, he's the most underrated guy in free agency, in my opinion," Thomas said. "I like him better than all those other sort of second-tier guys."

Tyrod ain't a free agent!!

Cle can have him the for the 4th pick...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As his discussion with Hawkins regarding signal-callers continue, Thomas let it be known that he's a big fan of Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor.

Pretty strong endorsement. And I do think Cleveland makes the most sense as a trade partner.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes and No.  

To be fair, the Bills scored 24 against the Jets in 2016, not 31. There was a defensive TD, plus 7 of those 24 were in absolute garbage time. That Steelers game wasn't remotely close. More garbage time points - a td with one minute to go.

Edited by dave mcbride

The best thing for Tyrod is for him to be released early, preferably while the stupid money is flowing in the first days of free agency. The long the Bills hold him the more he is going to lose in terms of pay.

The team benched him in the middle of a playoff run AFTER letting him go test the market a year ago and then making him take a huge paycut to come back. Can it be any more obvious that they don't see him as "the guy" here?

Shake hands, cut the man loose, and let him continue his career with a  fresh start. This is getting stupid.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I knew someone would comment on that. Does that constitute tampering?

I was thinking the same thing.  Then again, Von Millar mentioned Cousins coming to Denver and I heard no penalties as a result of that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone needs to take this guy’s phone away. It’s been going on for months. 

Just now, Luxy312 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Then again, Von Millar mentioned Cousins coming to Denver and I heard no penalties as a result of that.  

At least he’s a pending FA

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The best thing for Tyrod is for him to be released early, preferably while the stupid money is flowing in the first days of free agency. The long the Bills hold him the more he is going to lose in terms of pay.

The team benched him in the middle of a playoff run AFTER letting him go test the market a year ago and then making him take a huge paycut to come back. Can it be any more obvious that they don't see him as "the guy" here?

Shake hands, cut the man loose, and let him continue his career with a  fresh start. This is getting stupid.

If he is on the team 3 days after the league year opens we owe him 6 million.  Not sure if he would be able to recoup that by getting released early versus later.  What I mean is that if we release him before the first day of FA he might get 20 million guaranteed total (doesn't include the 6 million from Bills).  If we release him later after paying him, he might end up with 18 million guaranteed, but he would also have the 6 million from Bills.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:06 PM, major said:

Mike Vick said Lamar Jackson is five times better than he was when he was in college 

Major, just my 2 cents, with an anecdote from a planet earth kind of job (I work in design), I worked with some skilled people and once one junior level designer

recommended us to hire a mid level designer, telling me he was ¨3 times better than him in CAD tools¨, which he ended up being more or less; what we found out 

until too late (when he created a mess in the job) is that he was not so good keeping up with rules and deadlines... so in QBs´ case is not about being more athletic 

only, but way more attributes a leader needs to have... that was Vick´s himself attested...