Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

I actually love this. No upgrade, no reason to move on. If we get 2015,2016 Taylor, with our D , we have serious potential.

We were a top 10 O two years in a row with Tyrod. Zone read in the red zone was $$$$$$$.

If Dabol puts him in the right scheme, with our D and the kick game, it's 10 + wins.

Dennison was brutal.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Meant if we signed a FA vet this year as a bridge for a rookie, to get one of the better choices it will likely take a 2 year deal because there will be competition for their services and they will cost as much or more than TT will.  

So in 2019 when rookie takes over (if he hasn’t already) Tyrod comes off the books at no cost as he has 1 year left on his deal.  Then we can go sign a cheap backup if someone like Peterman hasn’t worked out to be the backup.  If we sign a new vet to a 2 year deal, then we are going to have cap space being chewed up by a pricey backup or have to cut him and take a cap hit.  

So best finacial choice woukd would be to keep TT and draft a rookie than sign a vet for more to a 2 year deal and draft a rookie.   

Oh no..........guys like Bradford and Keenum will surely take a one year deal to be a bridge for a QB the Buffalo Bills just traded up for.:doh:

These aren't 36 year old Matt Hasselbecks.........they are looking for places to start long term and playing in front of a first round pick is not that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Reactions like these are priceless.............if the Bills can't get a Darnold/Rosen the tears of the anti-Taylor machine would at least serve for great amusement on TSW.:lol:

And btw McBean........the Buffalo market had the highest TV rating for the SB.....featuring a team we HATE........and watching the 2017 team play not to lose was like watching paint dry and yet they watched.......so you and all Bills fans will be watching.......don't kid yourself it's a totally HOLLOW whiny threat on your part. :thumbsup:

I live in Chicago, I only buy Sunday ticket to watch Bills games. I will not buy Sunday ticket if Taylor is still here so I won't be watching football in 2018. It will be unfortunate because I have won FFL two years in a row and won 1,600 $$$$. I guess FHL will be my next challenge.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I live in Chicago, I only buy Sunday ticket to watch Bills games. I will not buy Sunday ticket if Taylor is still here so I won't be watching football in 2018. It will be unfortunate because I have won FFL two years in a row and won 1,600 $$$$. I guess FHL will be my next challenge.

:lol:

Keep em coming! :lol:

Who else won't be watching the Bills if Taylor starts?:lol:

So I go to see Black Panther and this thread has gone off the rails!! There are already people planning on quitting the Bills if the bring back a veteran QB, with a winning record, as the bridge guy. Beane and McDermott should be fired for that? You people are seriously nuts!! Do you even like the Bills?

I don’t think anyone thinks that Tyrod is the long-term answer. Some of you have even banged the table for AJ McCarron to get the keys but Tyrod Taylor isn’t capable of being the bridge guy?!? The hot takes are just flying around at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Methinks you weren’t watching much in 2015-2017 either. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can’t give up now!! You have back-to-back championships to defend!!

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Methinks you weren’t watching much in 2015-2017 either. 

Or 2000-2015

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So I go to see Black Panther and this thread has gone off the rails!! There are already people planning on quitting the Bills if the bring back a veteran QB, with a winning record, as the bridge guy. Beane and McDermott should be fired for that? You people are seriously nuts!! Do you even like the Bills?

I don’t think anyone thinks that Tyrod is the long-term answer. Some of you have even banged the table for AJ McCarron to get the keys but Tyrod Taylor isn’t capable of being the bridge guy?!? The hot takes are just flying around at the moment. 

How was the movie?

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Yes, Brady got benched. But why? Was it because of contract terms like Tyrod? I don't remember.

Because they didn’t want him to get hurt. That’s the same reason that the Bills didn’t play Tyrod in Week 17. If he got hurt his entire salary would have been guaranteed. The Bills didn’t know what they wanted to do with him so they wanted flexibility. He ended up taking a pay cut and it worked out perfectly for them.

The opposite happened with Blake Bortles this year. He just had surgery and now the Jags are on the hook for like $19M. He wouldn’t have gotten that without the injury guarantee. Bortles is kind of a genius though for making that happen.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How was the movie?

It was really good. 

7 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

It's actually a smart move if they do plan on drafting Lamar Jackson. Taylor's contract is off the books in 2019 and any decent FA QB signed this year will want more than a one year deal. That means they'll have a lot of draft picks (this year) and salary cap (next year) to support Jackson's chances of success.

This. Getting rid of a middling QB with a middling contract without signing a replacement always seemed stupid to me. 

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Where have you been the last 18 years?  Trent ... JP ... EJ ... Fitz ... Lewis ... Tuel Time ... Nasty Nate ...

You always have to remember.....as Wawrow referenced......... that there were plenty of fans who thought a totally busted-up, never-was, bust of a QB named Kevin Kolb was an upgrade over Fitz.

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Because they didn’t want him to get hurt. That’s the same reason that the Bills didn’t play Tyrod in Week 17. If he got hurt his entire salary would have been guaranteed. The Bills didn’t know what they wanted to do with him so they wanted flexibility. He ended up taking a pay cut and it worked out perfectly for them.

The opposite happened with Blake Bortles this year. He just had surgery and now the Jags are on the hook for like $19M. He wouldn’t have gotten that without the injury guarantee. Bortles is kind of a genius though for making that happen.

It was really good. 

You really don't need to explain this. He is either trolling or an idiot. 

24 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

What makes you think that? To be good at FFL don't you need to watch a **** ton of football.

Not really. Fantasy is like 80% luck and 15% being awake earliest on Wednesdays. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Amen. I think even the biggest TT fans know we should look to upgrade, but we've seen much worse (Peterson)

Even if he's not a bridge, and we go get Rosen or Darnold, the Eagles reaped massive benefits by trading up for Wentz and then dealing Bradford. This just makes perfect sense.

PS, just got back from Black Panther too. I really liked Michael B Jordan. That was one of the best villains in a long time for Marvel.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Yes, Brady got benched. But why? Was it because of contract terms like Tyrod? I don't remember.

Pretty sure they were just resting him for the playoffs. BB didn't want him to sit out the entire game so he gave him a half to play from what I recall.