Trevor Siemian expected to be on trading block

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That would be fine too. That’s the kind of guy I want if we have a day 1 starter (Mayfield or Rosen). Give me a smart guy that can play for a few weeks and costs peanuts. 

Yep, a guy that gets you to 2-2 in a 4-game stretch. Both Fitz and Siemien can do that. I'd take either. Both are significant upgrades over Peterman. The alternative is a Brett Hundley - a guy who gets to 1-3 at best (i.e., you get to play the Browns).

Edited by dave mcbride

For me, the reason for a Siemian or a Fitz (if you have someone that will start) this guy’s will only cost a couple million dollars max. With the savings from Tyrod you will be able to invest elsewhere. If you cut Tyrod I think that the savings are like $9.5M. If you are only paying Siemian or Fitz $2M you are plus $7.5M on the exchange. I’d think Fitz would be closer to $4M but you never know. Instead of paying Bradford $10M to play behind Rosen or Baker I would just assume Fitz or Siemian and $8M in cap space. That’s a good starting player. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2018 at 6:59 AM, offyourocker said:

I would trade Tyrod for Sieman and a 3rd

Finally, someone who understands. Siemien has 1 year, $2 million on his contract. He's a stopgap starter, or maybe a backup depending on what you get in the draft. He had a perfectly Tyrod-esque 2016, followed by an awful 2017 (I think he was injured more than they let on), but there's not a whole lot of reasons to think that he'd be worse than, say, AJ McCarron. And you'd get out of that Tyrod contract, allowing you to address some other needs. For some reason here in Colorado people think Tyrod would be a major upgrade over the Paxton-Brock-Siemien trio. He'd be an upgrade, but nothing major ...

On 2/22/2018 at 12:46 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

For me, the reason for a Siemian or a Fitz (if you have someone that will start) this guy’s will only cost a couple million dollars max. With the savings from Tyrod you will be able to invest elsewhere. If you cut Tyrod I think that the savings are like $9.5M. If you are only paying Siemian or Fitz $2M you are plus $7.5M on the exchange. I’d think Fitz would be closer to $4M but you never know. Instead of paying Bradford $10M to play behind Rosen or Baker I would just assume Fitz or Siemian and $8M in cap space. That’s a good starting player. 

You beat me to it.:thumbsup:

On 2/22/2018 at 12:03 PM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I am thankful that you have no power to make personnel decisions for this team.

WHAT?? This would be a phenomenal trade - ESPECIALLY if we draft a first round QB. One - we get rid of Tyrod's salary (16 million ish). Two - we pick up a place holder at a 1.9 million dollar salary. Three  - we GET a 3rd round pick.... even getting rid of Tyrod for a 3rd rounder is a win in my book. Finally, there is  no way Denver would make such a one sided trade that screws them over.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, GunnerBill said:

Any reason for us to have interest went when Rico walked out of the door. He is a limited talent and a very specific scheme fit.

Pass. 

If you get one of the top three prospects in this draft you expect early playing time for them, especially for Rosen and Mayfield. This would be a good situation to get a cheap and functional qb. When there is any discussion of getting a bridge qb or a bargain basement veteran from the market you are for the most part pursuing mediocre qbs with obvious limitations. 

The issue boils down to is it worth having a more expensive bridge qb with the intention of accelerating the time table to play a rookie qb or is it better to play it safe and pay more for your veteran qb as an insurance policy. Do I need to remind all those Tyrod aficionados out there that this is a situation that he would be hesitant to be a part of? For his sake and the team's sake it is best to cleanly cut the chord and move on. He, more than anyone else, deserves a fresh start. Also, I'm sure that this staff can make good use for that extra cap space.