McCoy for Foles.

Tipster19

In a hot second MCcoy stinks.  No other team would pay him $8 mil like Buffalo is about to. The most New England will pay for any running back is 3 million. The position  is not that important. 

Edited by PIP
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

While I learned to love Shady it stands to reason that he is our biggest bargaining chip. Before everybody starts puking our responses just stop and think, the guy is 30 year’s old and he’s not going to single handedly bring us to the Super Bowl. Successful franchises move on and retain value for their aging gridiron stars (New England, Philadelphia under Andy Reid regime, etc etc). 

Under this his philosophy and speaking of Philadelphia, I believe they are our best outlet to for a starting QB. This would not only allow us to solidify the QB position but also let us retain our best resources (early draft picks) to strengthen the rest of our roster. What I would like to see is for the Bills to trade McCoy and our 2019 6th rd draft pick for Foles, RB Corey Clement and their 2019 4th rd pick. This would enable the Bills to use their 2018 top draft picks on defense, possible C if still needed and I would also like to see them draft UGA RB Sony Michel with their 2nd rd pick. In FA I’d also like for the Bills acquire soon to be released RB DeMarco Murray to a team friendly contract. 

Absolutely no offense intended, but I can not think of a worse trade than to deal McCoy for Foles. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

While I learned to love Shady it stands to reason that he is our biggest bargaining chip. Before everybody starts puking our responses just stop and think, the guy is 30 year’s old and he’s not going to single handedly bring us to the Super Bowl. Successful franchises move on and retain value for their aging gridiron stars (New England, Philadelphia under Andy Reid regime, etc etc). 

Under this his philosophy and speaking of Philadelphia, I believe they are our best outlet to for a starting QB. This would not only allow us to solidify the QB position but also let us retain our best resources (early draft picks) to strengthen the rest of our roster. What I would like to see is for the Bills to trade McCoy and our 2019 6th rd draft pick for Foles, RB Corey Clement and their 2019 4th rd pick. This would enable the Bills to use their 2018 top draft picks on defense, possible C if still needed and I would also like to see them draft UGA RB Sony Michel with their 2nd rd pick. In FA I’d also like for the Bills acquire soon to be released RB DeMarco Murray to a team friendly contract. 

Are we going to transfer Philly's OL and WRs here as well?  Foles probably will not make as large an impact outside his current system   

2 minutes ago, PIP said:

In a hot second MCcoy stinks.

Yes.  The BADOL school of thought.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know why so many think this is such a crazy idea.

Getting rid of a 30-year-old RB after the least productive season of his career and obtaining a 29-year-old QB who just led - legitimately led - his team to the Super Bowl Championship is a no-brainer to me.

It won't happen.

But if it was to happen, the Bills would be on the winning side of the trade, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Glenn has no trade value with that contract of his attached. Also last time I saw a picture of him he looked like he ate his athletic trainer.

Fair- but if you are in good cap shape and desperate for a solid long term solution at LT and convinced Cordy can return to 2015 form, his contract would be considered an asset not liability. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Getting rid of a 30-year-old RB after the least productive season of his career and obtaining a 29-year-old QB who just led - legitimately led - his team to the Super Bowl Championship is a no-brainer to me.

It won't happen.

But if it was to happen, the Bills would be on the winning side of the trade, in my opinion.

Philly wouldn't take that trade. That's the funny part of all this. They are going to have to dump contracts and the beauty of Foles is that it allows them to recoup a pick (they are missing a second rounder) or keep him for security with Wentz's recovery pending.

Trading for a high mileage high priced RB isn't in the works for a winning program.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fair- but if you are in good cap shape and desperate for a solid long term solution at LT and convinced Cordy can return to 2015 form, his contract would be considered an asset not liability. 

Philly's cap is a mess they are going to have a hard time keep the foundation in place over there.

26 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I would take this deal in a heartbeat. Getting a qb who can run a pro offense and is a capable passer would be a dramatic upgrade from what we have. Foles certainly had a terrific playoff run and SB game. However, it is obvious that he outplayed his talent level. So if you get him expecting to play at an elite level it is a foolish expectation. The Bills desperately need a qb that can run a pro offense, read defenses and have a modicum of accuracy. 

If he is picked up that doesn't mean that the Bills can't draft a qb such as Rudolph with one of its first round picks or draft a qb such as Falk in the second round. The generation of qb futility needs to end. This organization has to grow up and do whatever it takes to get a capable starting qb. The era of having a pop warner offense is no longer acceptable. Getting a qb like Foles in an exchange would be a smart and decisive act for a franchise that has been boring and inept. Tipster, I'm on board.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It won't happen.

You are astute, perspicacious and adroit! :)

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It won't happen.

It's a no brainer for the Bills but makes zero sense for the Eagles

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It won't happen.

I agree. Why would Philly trade the Super Bowl MVP QB for an aging, albeit still very good, RB?

The Bills fleeced them once on the Shady trade; they won't let that happen again.