McCoy for Foles.

Tipster19

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You easily miss the point.  We would be getting Foles as he is right now, which is pretty good.  He's learned over the years, obviously, much more about his position.

This team, as it is, doesn't have the talent on the roster to make it to the SB in the next few years no matter who is QB.  Which of these "franchise QBs" available anywhere I'm the 1st round is more likely than Foles to get the Bills to the SB in the next few years?  Name him.

I agree. see above.

Correct we'd be getting Foles as is right now, Pretty good eh that's debatable for me. He had a great playoff run and looked so so in a few of his regular season games. Hes signed for 1 year so we would need to extend him lets lowball and say 4 year 80 million 45 guaranteed  extension so we would have him the next 5 years.  I think there is a better chance Rosen or Darnold lead us to a superbowl before Foles would, and be on a rookie contract. Also we would have those guys for the next 10-12 years. There is gonna be risk in either move. Do we take Foles and think, with his whole body of work , that we've seen enough and hes the guy to win us a super bowl, or do we say gamble take a guy that looks like the real deal in college and may be a superstar or may flop on his face. I don't know the answer to that but I know id rather gamble at greatness then settle

If Nick Foles is traded, which I don't think he will be, he will get an extension of at least 80 million. He going to be expensive to trade for right now and why would anyone give up a lot to trade for a guy for 1 year. If you trade for him you obviously think hes the missing link and you want to lock him up

30 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Correct we'd be getting Foles as is right now, Pretty good eh that's debatable for me. He had a great playoff run and looked so so in a few of his regular season games. Hes signed for 1 year so we would need to extend him lets lowball and say 4 year 80 million 45 guaranteed  extension so we would have him the next 5 years.  I think there is a better chance Rosen or Darnold lead us to a superbowl before Foles would, and be on a rookie contract. Also we would have those guys for the next 10-12 years. There is gonna be risk in either move. Do we take Foles and think, with his whole body of work , that we've seen enough and hes the guy to win us a super bowl, or do we say gamble take a guy that looks like the real deal in college and may be a superstar or may flop on his face. I don't know the answer to that but I know id rather gamble at greatness then settle

Darnold isn't bringing any team to the SB. 

Foles faced two of the best Ds in the NFL--in the playoffs/SB--and destroyed them.  You are confusing him with Dilfer and Grossman.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Darnold isn't bringing any team to the SB. 

Foles faced two of the best Ds in the NFL--in the playoffs/SB--and destroyed them.  You are confusing him with Dilfer and Grossman.

He also faced 2 of the worst in dal and Oakland in the reg season and looked like a lost little rookie. You don't know Arnold is bringing us a superbowl anymore than I know Foles isn't. Its all a guessing game at this point

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

He also faced 2 of the worst in dal and Oakland in the reg season and looked like a lost little rookie. You don't know Arnold is bringing us a superbowl anymore than I know Foles isn't. Its all a guessing game at this point

No way he'll be a Super Bow QB. 

Image result for Hey Arnold

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just have one question:  if, when the dust settles, Foles winds up with a contract worth $100M, will you return for your helping of crow?

I mean, thinking he won't is one thing, but telling someone they lack common sense for believing it might in today's QB market seems a bit over the top.

Under no imaginable circumstances would he get a $100 M from the Bills. Zero chance. If he got it from another team then good for him. Again, he would not get a $100 M contract from the Bills. What Kirby was alluding to if the Bills signed him then he would subsequently have to get paid. That would not happen in Buffalo. If there is crow on the platter I won't be the one eating it. I'm beyond supremely confident in so stating that. 

2 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

He played just a quarter against Dallas.  And he destroyed the Giants.  But the Eagles went to the RPO against Minny and NE and that's apparently what his strength is.  I'd take the gamble.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This team, as it is, doesn't have the talent on the roster to make it to the SB in the next few years no matter who is QB.  Which of these "franchise QBs" available anywhere I'm the 1st round is more likely than Foles to get the Bills to the SB in the next few years?  Name him.

Josh Rosen

• Like (+1) 2

Just like Eli, I love Foles and will forever feel indebted to him for his contributions to the good of the sports world in beating New England.

That said, I think he played on an absolutely stacked roster of players AND coaches. I mean, the Eagles went without their starting LT and starting MVP level QB and still crushed the #1 defense in the NFL to get to the Super Bowl, then dropped 41 on Belichick and Co.

Doug Pederson and his staff outcoached Belichick and his staff. It isn't often that you can say that, but for all the talk of how Belichick with 2 weeks to prepare was going to devise a scheme to shut down Foles and force him into throwing picks it just didn't happen. The Eagles scored on almost every possession they had the entire game.

I attribute a lot of that to the coaches and the amazing talent around Foles. I think he is pretty good, and I would be fine for getting him at a reasonable price (trade-wise and contract wise). But I would not expect to see a dazzling offense just because he is the QB. Does our coaching staff subscribe to the "we have to run because it's Buffalo" idea still? Funny how Green Bay, Pittsburgh and New England do just fine throwing the ball.

To me, that is a big part of this. Are we going to have a 2018 NFL offense or are we going to try to run the ball and pass only to set up a better punt?

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh Rosen

Not with the current roster in Buffalo.  No chance whatsoever.

He put up OK numbers and played one full season.  His teams stunk.  Scrawny statue.  -154 yards career rushing!  He'll get destroyed if any team uses him the way they did at UCLA (45 or more attempts in 6 games!).

He did look really good in that Texas A and M game though...

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He put up OK numbers and played one full season.  His teams stunk.  Scrawny statue.  -154 yards career rushing!  He'll get destroyed if any team uses him the way they did at UCLA (45 or more attempts in 6 games!).

I disagree. Both on your evaluation of Rosen and your evaluation of Foles. 

I don't hate Foles by any means.... but I am not giving anything that is a semi valuable asset for him. I'd flip Philly a 5th maybe. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

He played just a quarter against Dallas.  And he destroyed the Giants.  But the Eagles went to the RPO against Minny and NE and that's apparently what his strength is.  I'd take the gamble.

I don't mind the gamble if 1. we still try and trade up to get our guy 2. we don't have to give up a lot to get him and 3. we don't have to pay him more than 8 million a year if we can extend him.

I don't see Philly trading him unless its for a 1st rd pick which is insanity. If someone does give up a first for him they will need to extend his contract because who is giving up a 1st for a qb for 1 year. The number to resign him will be high due to the enormous contracts qbs are getting these days

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't hate Foles by any means.... but I am not giving anything that is a semi valuable asset for him. I'd flip Philly a 5th maybe. 

But you'd be willing to trade the Bills' 2-1sts this year plus probably a first next year to move up to get Rosen?

10 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

I don't mind the gamble if 1. we still try and trade up to get our guy 2. we don't have to give up a lot to get him and 3. we don't have to pay him more than 8 million a year if we can extend him.

I don't see Philly trading him unless its for a 1st rd pick which is insanity. If someone does give up a first for him they will need to extend his contract because who is giving up a 1st for a qb for 1 year. The number to resign him will be high due to the enormous contracts qbs are getting these days

The Bills, or any team that trades for him, doesn't need to extend him immediately.  They could have him play out the year to see if he's worth it and then extend or franchise him.  And any team trading for him wouldn't take a QB high in the draft.  Foles just turned 29 and doesn't have a lot of mileage on him. 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

But you'd be willing to trade the Bills' 2-1sts this year plus probably a first next year to move up to get Rosen?

The Bills, or any team that trades for him, doesn't need to extend him immediately.  They could have him play out the year to see if he's worth it and then extend or franchise him.  And any team trading for him wouldn't take a QB high in the draft.  Foles just turned 29 and doesn't have a lot of mileage on him. 

Yea id be willing to give that up for Rosen or any qb that the guys making the big bucks at OBD think is a franchise qb/  Im just sick of the bills getting retreads. We haven't had a qb drafted that was any good lately I know that but we typically never go after 1st round qb's. I know Ej and Jp unfortunately is on everyone's mind but we tried to get Big Ben but were shut out by Jax that year on a trade that was pretty much ready to go to get him and ej I feel like they were forced to pick a qb in a year that there were no great or even good prospects. That pick was a train wreck. we gotta start taking a chance instead of just trying to get by. No guts no glory! Weve tried getting other teams backups, trading for guys, and signing free agents but 17 years in a row is a long time to keep trying the same thing.

as me and mr Weo were debating its just a matter of personal preference. I don't hate Foles in fact id be all for bringing him here if the situation was right and the bills front office determined there wasn't a franchise qb in this draft. He would be a serviceable stop gap. I had my season tickets during the super bowl years and I remember that feeling of we are gonna win everytime we get on the field and I want that back. Foles doesn't give me that feeling.

I understand those teams were loaded but it always starts with the qb

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not sure I believe it would take that. We shall see. But if that was the price.... yes I would. No. More. Sticking. Plasters. 

I see Foles as no more of a franchise Quarterback than Tyrod. A better bridge? Sure. I have zero interest in giving up assets for better bridges. 

Edited by GunnerBill

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

1 Yes. Even abit more if necessary. I want one of those top 3 QBs... (Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield)

2 Then let "any team" (other than the Bills) trade for him... It would be a waste of a valuable draft pick... 

No.Definitive No.

and i really think Foles is a good fit here !

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure I believe it would take that. We shall see. But if that was the price.... yes I would. No. More. Sticking. Plasters. 

I see Foles as no more of a franchise Quarterback than Tyrod. A better bridge? Sure. I have zero interest in giving up assets for better bridges. 

You are 1000% more qualified than i to make judgement on QBs than i.

Sure Foles was in a great system with tons of talent both side of the ball. And very modern Coaching.

But he seems a good fit in Buffalo. Matches up with the offense we should have been running all along.

McD hopefully sees that. Yes they need more talent and depth on Off. I do not think he would be the factor in garnering a SB win at this point.

And Bills still should draft one in the first if they are able till they get The Magical One

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has negative rushing yards because he's a pocket QB, not a scrambler, and sacks are counted as "negative rushing yards" for a QB in college stats.

He took about 400 yards of sacks over his college career, and rushed for about 250.

When you subtract the sack yards you get a negative #.

Darnold rushing ran for about 500 yards gross, but listed as 250yds after you subtract his 250 yards from sacks.

Should ideally know where stats come from before just throwing them out there.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

100%

I wasn't sure it was possible, but it appears McCoy is both the best and the most overrated player on the team simultaneously. 

Not that the Eagles would consider it (which says a lot) but if this were an option the ONLY question is what do you think of Foles. 

If you think Foles can be the answer at QB you take the deal in a second. No one with any sense is going to take a 30 year old RB on his last legs over a potential franchise QB in his prime.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Polian has lost his mind. He’s getting killed on Twitter today for saying that Lamar Jackson is “too short” to play QB. Jackson is 6’3”

Lol his racist views are getting the best of him...haha jk I kid, I kid. :D

7 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

SMH. Didn't he say he had a first round grade on Brady a couple years ago too? He's either getting senile, or has bought into the media narrative by throwing whoppers out there.

Both

• Haha (+1) 1