Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

I wonder how the Giants really feel about Davis Webb? They didn't play him at the end of the year. I've also heard that they like him. Others says not so much.

The Colts at 3 remain an option as well. Maybe the Browns like Josh Allen who knows?

I like Rosen best because he is the best pure passer. Give me some!

even if Rosen somehow busts, at least we are doing whatever it takes to get a QB.  it's such an important position, how have we not put a priority on it up until this point in our history?  i will feel good in 3 years knowing hey at least we took a shot on the best QB in a long time and didn't just wait and grab the 4th best as an afterthought (like Losman).  i highly doubt he busts though.  if anything, he gets injured and walks away like Jake Locker.  he's as sure of a thing as there has been in a long time.  this is the guy to bet on if i'm a GM.  if we were in vegas and you had to put all of your chips on which QB has the best chance of being a franchise QB, i'd put my chips on Rosen

59 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'd be fine with it--Rosen is the best pure passer in the draft.

It'll be quite the hefty price to pay though, and I have my doubts as to whether or not the Giants would want to move down from 2.

The issue to me is exactly what you mentioned: the price. To me, in a Draft that has the depth of really good QBs, you don't trade UP in those Drafts, you stand pat. You trade up in the Winston / Mariota years because it was them and no one else. Add to the fact of guys like Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Nick Foles, and of course Kirk Cousins, and you can see how the value is in the evaluation itself and then with coaching once that QB is on your team. Bills have tremendous amount of needs, keeping all of the Draft picks is really important for this roster and team to make that transition to contender, every year. 

Also, while this report may be accurate, based on Beane's comments at the Senior Bowl, you'd think that such "love" for a QB at this point is overblown since Beane said he wants to talk to them, interview them, and get a feel for the guy. Also, I'd want to know Rosen LOVES the game more than anything else in his life, except for family, and is willing to do anything and everything to move the universe so that my team wins a Super Bowl (at least one, more would be nice). 

And BTW 

Philly woukd be absolutely INSANE to trade Foles right now. 

Timing of Wentz Knee is no guarantee he would be back for start of season 

Foles on a cheap contract with a year left. 

They should NOT deal him this year unless some team goes obviously insane with a Kings Ransom for him. 

Just now, kdiggz said:

even if Rosen somehow busts, at least we are doing whatever it takes to get a QB.  it's such an important position, how have we not put a priority on it up until this point in our history?  i will feel good in 3 years knowing hey at least we took a shot on the best QB in a long time and didn't just wait and grab the 4th best as an afterthought (like Losman).  i highly doubt he busts though.  if anything, he gets injured and walks away like Jake Locker.  he's as sure of a thing as there has been in a long time.  this is the guy to bet on if i'm a GM.  if we were in vegas and you had to put all of your chips on which QB has the best chance of being a franchise QB, i'd put my chips on Rosen

The injuries are flags. Best pure passer but I really think Mayfield is gonna be the one that lost the longest in the NFL.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And BTW 

Philly woukd be absolutely INSANE to trade Foles right now. 

Timing of Wentz Knee is no guarantee he would be back for start of season 

Foles on a cheap contract with a year left. 

They should NOT deal him this year unless some team goes obviously insane with a Kings Ransom for him. 

They did it with Sam Bradford theyre gona do it wit Foles. Whenever they get a 1st round pick offer they will bite.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just read up on Rosen's durability concerns and it kind of scared me off of him. I think I'd prefer Darnold even though he'd take more time to develop.

This doesn’t address durability specifically/totally but I have heard people question his size/frame. I  do know someone who scouted  him  live twice and said that part is fine in his mind, not a concern. Looked solid enough. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

They did it with Sam Bradford theyre gona do it wit Foles. Whenever they get a 1st round pick offer they will bite.

When was the Sam Bradford Trade?  And was Wentz recovering for a Knee. 

They are idiots if they move Foles without knowing Wentz is back (before the draft)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He says in his new podcast that he is hearing from talking to scouts and agents that the Bills love Josh Rosen and thinks they will trade up to 2 with the NYG to draft him. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nfl-draft-show-quarterback-carousel-update-plus-draft/id1276383397?i=1000402080073&mt=2

so is Eric Galko Chadwacko Chad? 

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn’t address durability specifically/totally but I have heard people question his size/frame. I  do know someone who scouted  him  live twice and said that part is fine in his mind, not a concern. Looked solid enough. 

One of the reasons I don't like trading up is that I don't think you can predict durability in the NFL. We seemingly got a very injury-averse player in Tre White. The back of his neck was smashed by Gronkowski and he played the following week. But I don't think anyone could have predicted that. With Rosen it's the opposite. We KNOW he isn't durable, because he's suffered multiple serious injuries in college. So how will his body hold up in the NFL if it didn't hold up against much lesser talent? It's a real concern.

Edited by HappyDays

It's been 25 years since we have had a qb.  That must end.  I don't care what they do- Cousins or trade up.  Whatever the costs, the risks must be taken to attempt to find the answer.  If Rosen is "their guy" then do whatever it takes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The only thing that i will dispute is the Bills waiting on Losman. That wasn’t what happened. They desperaty tried to trade up to get Big Ben. They thought that a deal was in place but Jax pulled the plug because they were nervous that they would miss out on Reggie Williams if they went back to our spot.  

I agree with with everything else on Rosen. He’s a high floor, high ceiling guy. I’ve always argued those are the guys that you move up for. At worst they are good and at best they are stars. With the exception of injury he is pretty much “bust proof.”

11 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

The injuries are flags. Best pure passer but I really think Mayfield is gonna be the one that lost the longest in the NFL.

There are more flags to me than the injuries. I'm sorry, but it really does take a certain mentality to play football in Buffalo NY. I'm not convinced he has it. His reputation as being selfish and entitled is a major red flag to play in this city. 

As Aaron Williams said in his retirement article...in Buffalo football is everything. Just a hunch, gut instinct or whatever but I'm not sold he would ever embrace playing in a blue collar city. 

• Like (+1) 1