2018 Super Bowl commercials

Mark Vader

What about the one that went like this? 

“When you cheat on your taxes you go to jail.When you cheat in football you get to sleep with a super model.” 

I thought that was a direct dig. at Brady and couldn’t believe a commercial like that ran during the superbowl.It was right at half time..

I think the Tide commercials were brilliant.  Not necessarily funny, but brilliant.  I know that I was, as well as everyone around me, whenever a new add came on I would wonder if it was a Tide add or not.   The people in their marketing department hit a home run, they basically piggy backed on all the other commercials.  Anytime you see clean clothes, it's a Tide commercial.  BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, QCity said:

Eli/OBJ Dirty Dancing was brilliant.

I boycotted the SB yesterday so have not seen many commercials. I did, however, see this one today and laughed my head off. Gave me a whole new (better) opinion of OBJ.  What good sports the NY Giants are (no pun intended).

Fortunately, the games have been better than the commercials the past few years (how refreshing).

Nothing struck me as memorable or effective for things I'd be willing to buy or causes I'd donate to.   Which makes spending $5 million for 30 seconds of airtime a waste of $$$ IMO...

Tide commercial wasn't the funniest but it will have carryover.  Real clever.

Everything that is clean becomes a Tide commercial.  Whoever came up with that will keep that account for awhile.

Also, watching a couple of pros (Dinklage & Freeman) was unexpected fun.

I was at a loud watching party last night so couldn't hear/didn't see many of the commercials, but I looked up the Tide series today and those are awesome!

I think the Alexa one was pretty "cute" too.

28 minutes ago, snafu said:

I thought the Jeep running over the serene waterfalls was really odd.

How many people drive up waterfalls.  I get it, it's a Jeep, but go around.

I thought it was funny the Jeep ad came right after the one with Matt Damon talking about the need for fresh drinking water.   

Way to go Jeep!   Screw up the water quality for people downstream... :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1