Super Bowl LII GDT: Eagles vs. Patriots - Nick Foles MVP

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

The problem is that it's not consistent.  That catch duringthe regular season would have been 50/50. Half of the time it would have been ruled a catch. Half of the time it would have been overturned. 

No matter what the rule- you’ll never have it truly consistent on the edges. Having 103 hi def slo mo views is what changed perceptions... but how do you write a rule that defines a catch without having a TON of moving parts and judgment in it?

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

no blitz no pressure. not aggressive on d is letting em off the hook

Pick your poison. Let Brady pick you apart on the short, quick hitters or let him keep getting chunk yardage? I think I'd take my chances and keep trying to knock the sh*t out of him. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

No matter what the rule- you’ll never have it truly consistent on the edges. Having 103 hi def slo mo views is what changed perceptions... but how do you write a rule that defines a catch without having a TON of moving parts and judgment in it?

Get rid of the slo mo replay and make the judgement based on real time

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

What you do is make the rule simpler, which is not what the NFL did, not more complicated, which is what they did.