Why Do you Love the Buffalo Bills?

Buffalo716

For me it's simple . Football has been my life since I can remember 

The Bills have always been a part of that...

Football is about building bonds and becoming better people ... I have been blessed to be born in Buffalo where I can share that bond with 70,000 people on game day 

It truly is a special place on earth , and nothing quite matches it

There is no place I'd rather be than with all of you Bills fans on a Sunday

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Football is my favorite sport and the Bills are my favorite team.  It has been this way from my earliest memories and will be this way when I exhale for the last time.

It’s kind of strange when I really think about it.

What's strange?

my earliest memories in life are Bills memories when I was 4-5 years old

ill die a Hardcore Fan as well like most here

Edited by Buffalo716

Around 1973, I was living in North Jersey and was about 10 years old when my Dad gave me a Buffalo Bills helmet for Christmas. Why he chose the Bills - or where he found it (we were right in the middle of Jets/Giants territory) - I have no idea, but I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 

My parents also happened to get me a subscription to Pro Football Weekly. Why my parents were suddenly pushing football on me (they knew nothing about the sport) I have no idea. But that issue happened to have  OJ  being led by Joe Del. by on the cover and an article on how "the Electric Company turns the Juice loose" or something. 

So mix the helmet with the magazine cover and I was sold. And I've been a Buffalo Bills fan ever since. I've been to Buffalo one time - to see the Dolphins/Bills game where Kelly ran it in with no time left to win the game! It was fantastic. Haven't been back since...but one day, I hope to go back, get some good wings, and see another game.

Until then, 

Go Bills! (from Vegas)

Riddell Buffalo Bills 1965-1973 Throwback Full-Size Sale Authentic Helmet 732220.jpg

md22454674091.jpg

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Around 1973, I was living in North Jersey and was about 10 years old when my Dad gave me a Buffalo Bills helmet for Christmas. Why he chose the Bills - or where he found it (we were right in the middle of Jets/Giants territory) - I have no idea, but I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 

My parents also happened to get me a subscription to Pro Football Weekly. Why my parents were suddenly pushing football on me (they knew nothing about the sport) I have no idea. But that issue happened to have  OJ  being led Joe Del. by on the cover and an article on how "the Electric Company turns the Juice loose" or something. 

So mix the helmet with the magazine cover and I was sold. And I've been a Buffalo Bills fan ever since. I've been to Buffalo one time - to see the Dolphins/Bills game where Kelly ran it in with no time left to win the game! It was fantastic. Haven't been back since...but one day, I hope to go back, get some good wings, and see another game.

Until then, 

Go Bills! (from Vegas)

Riddell Buffalo Bills 1965-1973 Throwback Full-Size Sale Authentic Helmet 732220.jpg

md22454674091.jpg

Awesome story!

real helmet or replica?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was phenomenal... electric, a real slasher 

I've said it before and it's no great revelation, but it sucks that we can't celebrate OJ's  greatness. He is arguably the greatest Bills player ever. I'd say it's either Juice or Bruce.

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

I've said it before and it's no great revelation, but it sucks that we can't celebrate OJ's  greatness. He is arguably the greatest Bills player ever. I'd say it's either Juice or Bruce.

I would celebrate OJs success on the field... he still is on the WoF right? He is still in the HoF

he is arguably one of the most talented RBs in NFL history... He is up there with Jim Brown and Sweetness

He is legendary 

58 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

My parents also happened to get me a subscription to Pro Football Weekly. Why my parents were suddenly pushing football on me (they knew nothing about the sport) I have no idea. But that issue happened to have  OJ  being led by Joe Del. by on the cover and an article on how "the Electric Company turns the Juice loose" or something. 

Until then, 

Go Bills! (from Vegas)

md22454674091.jpg

Great story. I love your parents for doing that. Little did they know how entertaining your next 45 years would be!!  I too started rooting for Bills in 73 just because I liked the helmet logo and colors and OJ running around in it clinched the deal.

FYI: That Kelly run in was in Miami in the Orange Bowl in 1989. http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Van-Miller-Moments-1989-Victory-over-Miami/033457c7-302e-4b49-9792-dacf51d0f62e

• Like (+1) 1

I could really write a novel here but will try to brief. From the time that I was 6 (1987) until I went away to college (1999) I went to every home game with my dad and brother. We had a routine and it’s all that I knew. We would get back Sunday Night’s (my dad probably had way more beer than we thought) and would have family dinners. My mom would usually host and aunts, uncles, cousins, would all be there (my sister too of course). We would talk about the game, analyze the game and it was just what we loved. So many of my childhood memories revolve around the Bills.

Fast forward to 2015 as my mom continued battling a brain tumor. We were all together in her room, as she was in hospice and the Bills/Bengals game was on in the background. About 3 hours after it ended with the entire family there again she passed. It was almost like she planned it that way. We were all together, just how she would have wanted it. 

• Like (+1) 6

Grew up in WNY during the Super Bowl years...my earliest childhood memories are huge neighborhood football parties every Sunday, pep rallies and hallways covered with Bills posters from the Buffalo News in Elementary school, an Uncle who had season tickets and a piece of the goalpost from then Rich Stadium when the fans tore them down.  My first game was in 96 with my Dad, my two childhood best friends and their Dads and I was blown away by the atmosphere.  I was young but those memories still resonate with me to this day.  It was one hell of a time to be alive.

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Probably because it's the first sports team I became a fan of, back in 1968 or so. I was 10.

Dude...you’re me! I’ll never forget listening to the games from War Memorial on my transistor radio...then waiting all week for Channel 7 to show “Buffalo Bills Highlights” the next Saturday afternoon. Great childhood memories.