Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

How much for Luck? He is obviously a very good QB, but he will never ever be able to carry a franchise like Brady, Rodgers or Peyton Manning did. I wouldn't give up the farm for him because Luck needs the right team built around him, he is a good QB, not a special one and dare I say it, I think Cousins and Luck are on a similar talent level, maybe I give Luck the slight edge. Good but not great, I'd love to have him though.

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

You've gotta be able to do better than this.

• Like (+1) 1

I understand the speculation about the Colts possibly trading Luck:

1. When McDaniels took over in Denver, the first thing he did was trade Cutler for draft picks and acquired Orton. So there is precedent for a move like this. His mentor did the same thing in his gigs in Cleveland (Bernie Kozar) and New England (Drew Bledsoe).

2. The Colts have the #3 overall pick. They can certainly draft a top QB option in this year's draft PLUS have the extra picks acquired in the Luck trade to build around the young QB and the rest of the team.

That said, if Luck truly is healthy, I have a hard time seeing the Colts trade him. Furthermore, if he is healthy, there would likely be other suitors with better draft picks to offer in exchange.

31 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

Your comments are anything but serious.

I continue to be amazed at forum members with so much access to such diverse components involved in the operation of an NFL team. It's like the scouting department is tied into the pro personnel department is tied into all of the front office thinking on cap ramifications, trades, and other player movements. 

NOBODY in ANY organization, with the exception of a few highly placed front office people,  including ownership when they care to be apprised, is privy to everything going on in so many different facets of the business. 

36 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

it's not as far fetched as some are making it out to be.  he carries a lot of risk right now, and is making crazy money.  I bet if the Bills offered them their 2 firsts and a player, maybe a little more, it would be a coup for the Colts, 3 first round pics, and a credible player like Glenn?  I think McDaniels would like that.  First off, it would immediately make the Colts HIS team versus Luck's, and he'd have the draft capital to build a contender, almost immediately.

I think it would take that much maybe more. The Colts could get their new QB with their pick & have all these other picks & players to build their team. Who is their current GM ?