Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, if healthy I’d give up three first round picks for a 28 year old Franchise QB. Throw in a Crippled Cordy if you have to. Once you have the QB you have a chance. I know he has detractors, but he’s been surrounded mostly by hot garbage. 

I think they know that, and I think they’d do it. Or maybe I’m just hoping...

We can play the trade back game to get more picks to fill holes, then hope we have the scouts to kill it in a few consecutive drafts. Isn’t that supposedly why we stockpiled the picks? We got one #1 for free and still got Tre. Think of it as two #1’s for a franchise QB. Heck yes, I’d do it. How long have we been waiting? 

That “one player” is not a RT. 

100%

luck, and tre for lattimore 21, and next years 1?

In a heartbeat.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore.

You had me on ignore? Wow that's awesome, I feel honored. You are going to have a tough time in life if what I just said right there bothered you. Seems pretty mild to me

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I would trade this years 2 first round picks and next years first round pick for Luck. 

I don’t think it will happen. I wish it would because it would be the pathway for the Bills to be the Saints with Brees. 

I would puke.  His value is no where near worth that.  This idea that a QB with one full season in 3 years, and hasn't played since 2016 due to an injury from his throwing shoulder that might be chronic is crazy.  The Colts would take that deal in a heartbeat if someone was foolish enough to offer it.  

Like I said before, this is the deepest group of available QB's in a very long time between FA and the Draft.  SOOOOO many options over mortgaging the farm for a turnover prone QB who cant stay on the field and has long term injury conners to his throwing shoulder.  

I seriously dont think Bills fans will be happy with any QB they get. No one seems to understand that the QB they want doesnt exist. Basically they want

1. A young starter who can step in Day 1 and be at his peak

2. Be better then Brady

3. Have no injury history or potential for injury

4. Will be cheap and always affordable

5. Not cost anything but a single draft pick or little cash

6. Will throw for 300 yards and only TDs

When was the last time there was a draft class that had more then 2-3 very good starters come from it? And in that class, how many weren't drafted in the top 10?

People here are actually against obtaining Andrew Luck, the last player many believe a team actually tanked in order to get, one of the last "sure thing" QB prospects to come out of the draft, there are actually some here saying he isn't good enough. If his shoulder is fine, which i'm sure it will be checked very closely by anyone interested in him and the Colts, teams would be crazy to not be all over the Colts for him if they decided to deal him.

The idea of the Colts moving him may not be far fetched either when you think about it. There may be some bad blood between him and the team because of how the injury was handled and he may ask to leave. But also, with Brissett being familiar to the new coach, he may be comfortable with him as a bridge QB if they can obtain one of the top Qbs in this years draft. The Bills could make it very enticing for the Colts to use their top pick on a QB, if they would get the #21 & 22 picks this year, plus maybe another pick or someone like Glenn? Having those picks could help them fill a few extra holes and get a bit of a rebuild going much quicker to turn around that team if they are willing to use next season as a rebuild year. The Bills biggest need is a good QB, and someone like Luck could make the WR they have already look much better then a highly drafted rookie. Fill the rest of the holes using the rest of the draft and a little FA and they are competing for a playoff spot again.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Dude's a bust

on a bum shoulder in 2016, he threw for 4200 yards and 31 tds. Remember when he threw for 4700 yards and 40 tds? I remember telling myself "I never want that bum on my team"

I hated his AFC championship run in 2014. We can do so much better than Andrew Luck

:oops:

I know,  great stats. Seen him twice once against the Bills and when the game was on the line he went South. Maybe he was always stuck on bad teams but as a quarterback who made everybody around him better he just never impressed me, sorry.

The other issue with the Luck scenario is if you trade for him at this age, you’re trading to win now. I’m not convinced the Bills are built to win “now”...I think they’ve got 2 Off-seasons - the first being this year - to actually fully correct the ship. That means you’re spending 2 years of Luck’s worth and value getting the team ready. Just food for thought...

34 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The other issue with the Luck scenario is if you trade for him at this age, you’re trading to win now. I’m not convinced the Bills are built to win “now”...I think they’ve got 2 Off-seasons - the first being this year - to actually fully correct the ship. That means you’re spending 2 years of Luck’s worth and value getting the team ready. Just food for thought...

He is 28. 4 out of the top 5 passing yard leaders this year are 35 and older. Age isn't an issue. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, CritMark said:

I happen to agree that Luck is a top tier talent but I am afraid the 'hapless Colts' description may be a bit of revisionist history.  In 2010 Manning led them to a 10-6 record.  Without any Qb anyone would remember in 2011 with Manning out, they were indeed awful.  Luck comes in in 2012 and restores order.

The whole team did not fall apart the year before luck arrived, just the QB play.  For those who forget:

Kerry Collins - 3 games, 49.0% completions, 2 TD/1 Int and a rating of 65.9 

Curtis Painter - 9 games, 54.3% completions, 5 TD/9 INT and a rating of 66.6 (that was the highest rating of his career, the other two years with very limited games 9.8 & 19.0 rating respectively)

Dan Orlovsky - 8 games, 63.2% completions, 6 TD/4 INT and a rating of 82.4 (Also the highest rating of his career)

Obviously some games w/multiple QBs but the point is, they were BAD.  This was not a perpetually bad team, just a one year bump due to QB issues.

You kinda made my point for me. Peyton Manning was also carrying the team in 2010.

The thing is, at least Manning had all-pro center Jeff Saturday who graded as the best linemen on the team in 2010. Saturday was still there in 2011 when the team went 2-14 because of bad QB play. They also still had RB Joseph Addai, WE Pierre Garcon, TE Dallas Clark, WR Reggie Wayne and they still went 2-14 because of bad QB play that season.

2012 When Luck arrived with TY Hilton in the draft WR Reggie Wayne was the only one of those guys still there for Luck. The defense was in the mid 20's and Vick Ballard was the Colts starting RB. Hilton did nothing his first year so it was all Luck and Reggie Wayne. That year the Colts were 14th in rushing attempts, 22nd in yards, 18th in TDs. 11-5 and luck carried a hapless Colts team. O line graded 31st overall, 31st in pass blocking, 31st in run blocking.

2013 Look at the team again and the only players on offense worth anything were Hilton and Luck. Run game and defense weren't very good and again Luck carried a pretty bad team. O-line graded as # 25th overall, 28th in pass blocking, 22nd in Run blocking. 

2014 the defense got a bit better-going 19th in points for and 11th in yards allowed with three players making the pro bowl. The run game still in the 20s, 22nd in yards, 24th in TD's and the passing game? #1 in the league in passing attempts, #1 in passing yards, #1 in passing TDs. O-line graded #17th overall, 21st in pass blocking, 13th in run blocking

2015(8-8)Luck played in 7 games-2016(8-8) Luck injured at times both years! Now fast forward to 2017 with no Andrew Luck and the team goes 4-12. They beat the 0-16 Browns. They beat the Texans with Tom Savage starting at QB. The beat the 49ers with Brian Hoyer at QB. they beat the Texans again with TJ Yates at QB.

The Colts were lucky they didn't face DeShaun Watson or Jimmy Garoppolo this year or perhaps they just beat the Browns and go 1-15. This is a bad, bad team with the QB Andrew Luck carrying them when he is fully healthy. The HC Pagano and GM Grigson should have been fired years ago when they failed to properly protect arguably the very best QB prospect of this decade. The Colts owner Jim Irsay is an idiot and hesitated in firing these men when he should have after the 2015 season. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

So why haven't they shipped off McCoy? Your also wasting McCoys time by keeping him around on a team thats not going to compete for 2 years like you believe.

This team isn't "rebuilding" they are retooling, which is basically a rebuild on the fly by trying to replace players on the team that don't fit and get some youth, while also trying to stay competitive and win games. getting someone like Luck, at 28 year old franchise Qb would allow them to retool by not having to start over with a QB who may or may not be a good NFL QB and will need time to develop. It allows the Bills to chose a QB in the draft to eventually replace him when that player falls into their lap, rather then forcing a move and spending alot hoping to get someone who will need to start real soon.

As for the arguement "If the Colts are willing to trade him, he is obviously done or injured badly", thats not necessarily true in this case. Luck may want out, the relationship with him and ownership has appeared to be strained at times and the team botched his injury costing him basically 2 seasons. But also, the Colts are in a prime spot to obtain one of the top QBs in this years draft and are in need of alot of pieces to rebuild that team, outside of luck its not great. They can speed up that rebuild taking one of the top available QBs at #3 and picking up some more good picks from a nother team for Luck who will , like the poster I quoted said, be wasting Lucks worth keeping him around for a few years while they rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

We're not trying to win now? Looked to me this year like we are. Wait 2 years? :w00t:

This drought thinking. We're now in the post draught era. Its about winning now.

Old habits die hard I guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On February 1, 2018 at 2:52 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

please noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? He's way better than any qb that could hit the FA market and you'd be very lucky if anyone in this draft turned out to be as good. It's true the Colts haven't been that good lately, but next to the Browns, they have the worst roster in the NFL. I'd  be all over that deal.

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why not? He's way better than any qb that could hit the FA market and you'd be very lucky if anyone in this draft turned out to be as good. It's true the Colts haven't been that good lately, but next to the Browns, they have the worst roster in the NFL. I'd  be all over that deal.

Because no matter which QB is mentioned you will always have that dude that just writes "No Thanks" or "please nooooo" in this case (although i'm not sure if he's joking) without offering any insight at all. It's more predictable than the tides in pretty much every QB thread.

8 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

My grammatical error/typo aside, (yes I should have proofread) why should I be careful?

(Serious question by the way)

I stand by my statement regarding his stance on Andrew Luck.

It is entirely fair to state your opinion on Luck. The last sentence was not required. And he is one of the long standing , respected members of this form. I don't agree with calling anyone a moron, esp posters like him.