Weird Brady article

simool

2 minutes ago, simool said:

Yeah, I don't know.  I got two boys of my own.  One in high school and one in middle school and we show affection through hugs and words.

to each their own. it was just a quick peck on the lip. when I was a kid, up until about 8 yrs old we kissed dad on the cheek when he left for work.

now if he stuck his tongue in his mouth, that could be a problem.

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly, nothing wrong with that. While others may show affection differently there's nothing wrong with what I saw. I can and do dislike Tom Brady for a great number of things, one thing I cannot knock him on is that he seems to be a great parent. If the father and son are comfortable with it...and neither seemed not to be...then it's no one else's place to have an issue.

Funny timing of this thread.  My son just turned 8 on 12/28.  Up until about 2 weeks ago, I always gave him a hug and a little peck on the lips before he left for school.  Thought nothing of it, really.  I love the kid with all my heart, and it didn’t seem to bother him.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I was tucking him into bed and went to give him a kiss and he kinda turned away.  I chuckled and said “what’s wrong, do you feel weird having your dad kiss you on the lips now that you’re older?”  His response was “I don’t know...should I?”  I gave him a kiss on the forehead and haven’t given him a kiss on the lips since.

22 minutes ago, simool said:

I really don't know what to say about this other than it is odd. Not so much the kiss, which is odd... But the dialog... Weird stuff man.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/tom-brady-son-kiss/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/no-problem-tom-brady-kissing-dad-lips-article-1.2965397

Different families do different things. 

12 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Honestly, nothing wrong with that. While others may show affection differently there's nothing wrong with what I saw. I can and do dislike Tom Brady for a great number of things, one thing I cannot knock him on is that he seems to be a great parent. If the father and son are comfortable with it...and neither seemed not to be...then it's no one else's place to have an issue.

I agree, but I still hope he breaks his leg this weekend. 

The scene in Daddys Home 2 with Will Ferrell and John Lithgow kissing was unbelievably cringe-worthy. Set the tone for the rest of the movie IMO.

Back to Brady: is it too much to ask that his kid has the flu and passes it along with the effects hitting Tommy Boy full force in 72 hours?

My son (14) hates giving any kinds of kisses.  He doesn't mind if I kiss him on the top of his head, or his forehead.  He'd never let a kiss on the lips fly.

I think the second kiss that Brady's son gave him was pretty long.  I refuse to judge Brady (or the boy), as that just might be their "norm."  I didn't find it inappropriate at all.  Just a little long, in my opinion.

Either way ... it's not a big deal.

My thoughts are to me the second kiss was a little long. But that's just me. I really have no problem with what happened in that video because others were present, then the video was put online for the world to see so it's obviously not a creepy thing to any of them. My son and I kissed and hugged every day when he was growing up but it was the little peck type of kisses. Like the first kiss Brady's son gave him. It was just normal affection between Father and Son and no big deal to any of them.

Biggest problem with this - that it's part of a documentary.  I think it's weird that you'd film your family moments and air them.

To each his own behind your doors - other than what is patently wrong.  Parents kissing kids is fine.  I wonder this - is this normal in their house, or were they hamming it up for the camera?  Either way, nothing to see here.

I've got 3 boys, probably never kissed them on the lips - at least not that I remember.  I don't kiss my daughter on the lips either.  But I wouldn't condemn another family for a different way.  This brings Ferris Bueller to recollection.  "So that's how it is in their family."

Kissing your 11 year old child on the lips is one thing... I wouldn't do it but hey whatever. 

But for your kid to do it, and you to tell them that it was only a peck and demand a better one is ****ed up and disturbing. That is not love but mental illness. 

Add in the pictures of Brady straight up making out with his dad on the football field and you get one weird a** dude. 

I am glad I didn't get raised to make out with family members, I feel bad for the kid really, he just wanted to check his fantasy football scores. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

Whatever. Not my personal choice, but that's just me. I have two kids and anytime they see me kiss my wife on the lips they beg for me to kiss them on the lips and try to get me to do it (they are 4 and 2 years old). They try to wrestle me and kiss me on the lips. It's a game we play and funny, but for me I would never do that because it is weird for me.

But lots of families are different. I think showing affection, however it is, is better than the opposite.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Whatever. Not my personal choice, but that's just me. I have two kids and anytime they see me kiss my wife on the lips they beg for me to kiss them on the lips and try to get me to do it (they are 4 and 2 years old). They try to wrestle me and kiss me on the lips. It's a game we play and funny, but for me I would never do that because it is weird for me.

But lots of families are different. I think showing affection, however it is, is better than the opposite.

Big difference between 2/4 and 11

Edited by Process

31 minutes ago, Process said:

Basically you covered everything I would have said. I agree with you completely. Making your kid kiss you on the lips at 11 years old while your getting a massage is not normal in my book. 

I think people forget that it probably made that kid feel ultra uncomfortable that's why he just tried to get away with a peck on the cheek. 

I myself don't have kids but if I did I wouldn't kiss them on the lips at any age. That is just me because I like to kiss hot lady's on the lips and that's the only way I know how to kiss on the lips.

A kiss on the cheek or forehead is as far as I would go and at 11 I'm fine with a high 5, a hug or a verbal expression of family love. Fast forward 10 years later and I bet that kid has some issues. 

Edited by Lfod

36 minutes ago, Process said:

Seems to be just a cultural thing to me. People aren't comfortable with it because they have been brought up that way. There is no reason a kiss has to mean anything weird.

I'm not comfortable with it, and I understand that it is because I was raised that way and society has created certain norms.

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Funny timing of this thread.  My son just turned 8 on 12/28.  Up until about 2 weeks ago, I always gave him a hug and a little peck on the lips before he left for school.  Thought nothing of it, really.  I love the kid with all my heart, and it didn’t seem to bother him.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I was tucking him into bed and went to give him a kiss and he kinda turned away.  I chuckled and said “what’s wrong, do you feel weird having your dad kiss you on the lips now that you’re older?”  His response was “I don’t know...should I?”  I gave him a kiss on the forehead and haven’t given him a kiss on the lips since.

I kissed both my boys on the forehead when they were little. My youngest is 12 and its been several years since I gave him a kiss on the forehead at bed time.  Still gets hugs and has to deal with me telling him i love him. My oldest is 16 and is a 152lb wrestler that can probably kick my ass.  We have been at a handshake and a shoulder bump for a few years now but words are still in play pretty easily.