Let the Broncos or Jets Have Cousins...

Domdab99

...and then the Bills can either trade up with the Broncos to get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, or, trade up with the Jets and get Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. 

Or whoever is the guy they like most who's still there. 

Maybe sign McCarron or Bradford as a bridge, or even keep Tryod one more year to groom the new guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Your going to let the Jets have Cousins and give them draft capital for risky draft prospect? That plan has a high probability of us finishing last in the afce.

And what happens if Cousins becomes the next Drew Brees? The guy is just entering his prime, which is usually 29-35 for a QB.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Your going to let the Jets have Cousins and give them draft capital for risky draft prospect? That plan has a high probability of us finishing last in the afce.

And what happens if Cousins becomes the next Drew Brees? The guy is just entering his prime, which is usually 29-35 for a QB.

I DON'T want Cousins playing for the Jests!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

The Jets are the Jets. Plus, it';s not like we have any control over what the Jets do. Unless we get into a bidding war for Cousins. Not a good idea. 

And if Cousins was going to be Drew Brees, he'd already be there. But I understand where you're coming from. 

Edited by Domdab99

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The Jets are the Jets. Plus, it';s not like we have any control over what the Jets do. Unless we get into a bidding war for Cousins. Not a good idea. 

And if Cousins was going to be Drew Brees, he'd already be there. But I understand where you're coming from. 

I would at least make a pitch to Cousins and if he chooses the Jets over us it is his call, I would not just stay hidden in the background and let the Jets have him. Worst case scenario we drive up his price a bit.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

Cousins would be foolish to go to the Jets, in my opinion. They have a coach on a short leash and a history of destroying the careers of QB's.

Much like the Bills the past 17 years. Nice to see that the arrow for the Bills seems to be pointing up.

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

...and then the Bills can either trade up with the Broncos to get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, or, trade up with the Jets and get Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. 

Maybe sign McCarron or Bradford as a bridge, or even keep Tryod one more year to groom the new guy. 

U wanna trade up for 2nd or 3rd day prospect in Rudolph?

I agree.  The best thing that can happen now the Skins have a QB is for one of those teams to get Cousins.  The Jets will be the most likely landing place as they have the most money.

Dream scenario is the Jets signing Cousins, Giants drafting Barkley, Darnold to the Broncos and Mayfield falling to the Bills at 21.

Edited by thenorthremembers

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

There’s not much of a gap between Cousins’s last three seasons and Brees’s first three as a starter.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Yeah let the Jets have a franchise quarterback for the next 10 years while we wallow away from QB Purgatory misery.

Are you out of your mind?

McCown and the Jets spanked us one time this season. Yeah, let's hope they get Cousins, Enunwa comes back healthy, Seferian-Jenkins builds on a nice breakout year, add a few more pieces, and Bowles keeps building that defense....sounds great. I'm NOT saying we should throw the bank at Cousins, but I certainly don't hope they get a solid QB for years to come.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust