Let the Broncos or Jets Have Cousins...

Domdab99

9 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

The Jets are the Jets. Plus, it';s not like we have any control over what the Jets do. Unless we get into a bidding war for Cousins. Not a good idea. 

And if Cousins was going to be Drew Brees, he'd already be there. But I understand where you're coming from. 

Jets played somewhat decent last season given their issues IMO.....they will improve if they get the "QB"....Bowles and his defence is not too shabby....you do not want them or even miami to get Cousins.....no way....its bad enough we have to deal with the pats....they get Cousins and with the extra drafts we give them to move up it will be even easier for them to build around their new QB......

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah let the Jets have a franchise quarterback for the next 10 years while we wallow away from QB Purgatory misery.

Are you out of your mind?

What has made him a franchise QB so far in his career?

I don't want to the Jets to have him to your point, but as of right now in his career he is not a franchise QB.

Maybe in fantasy football, that's about it

I think the elephant in the room is cap space....  I don't know the Bills have enough of it.  Not sure whether Cousins is 'it', but he would be an upgrade and a better option than a rookie right now.  I am sort of scratching my head though as to why the 'Skins would rather have had Smith...  Seems like maybe Smith did less with more.  But I don't follow the Skins well enough to know their skills players.

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

So you want a proven winner to go to a division rival, and us to give up draft capital on a "prospect", INSTEAD of getting the proven QB?

I'm not following the logic here....

How is Kirk Cousins  "proven winner"?

Washington's record is under water in games he was under center.

I'm not following the logic here....

11 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

...and then the Bills can either trade up with the Broncos to get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, or, trade up with the Jets and get Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. 

Or whoever is the guy they like most who's still there. 

Maybe sign McCarron or Bradford as a bridge, or even keep Tryod one more year to groom the new guy. 

Hey Tyrod groom your replacement lol.  Why do people think this happens?  

The best scenario is for Kirk Cousins to end up playing for the Giants.

This keeps him out of the AFC East, and also helps push the better QB prospects down the board.

Maybe it even allows them to release/trade Eli Manning to someone like the Jets or Broncos, and helps kick another one down to us.

5 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I should re-phrase. Proven QB. Hasnt had great teams around him. 

Sounds like you're making excuses.

If We have to build a great team around him, why not do that and keep what we got? If he comes here, he ain't gonna have a great team around him

He puts up passing yards but doesn't strike me as a leader/winner.

He has also played in 1 playoff game and his team lost by 17 points followed by 2 years without playoffs.

Serious question: how is he in comebacks?  I know he had one big one in 2015. Any others?

With what it would cost in Benjamins and lost opportunity to sign other players, I seriously question if he's worth it.

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Because Cousins isnt that good. Hes had a ridiculously good wr and te core for the past few years except 2017-18. When he lost his weapons he couldnt make the playoffs. Cousins is a solid top 15 QB between 15 and 10. We could use that Cousins money to bring in solid talent for our front 7,  and use our draft capital to trade up for Mayfield Rosen or Darnold. I can guaran damn tee you, the Bills will not sign Cousins. Get over it. #BillsDraftRookieQBAfterTradeUp.

He is far better than Tyrod Taylor 

15 hours ago, billspro said:

Your going to let the Jets have Cousins and give them draft capital for risky draft prospect? That plan has a high probability of us finishing last in the afce.

And what happens if Cousins becomes the next Drew Brees? The guy is just entering his prime, which is usually 29-35 for a QB.

Rest assured if that happens then there is still also some outside chance Tyrod Taylor becomes at least the next Donovan McNabb

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

If we are going to go all in on Cousins......we as a fan base need to understand that a significant portion of our salary cap goes to him and figure out how we are going to field a competative team around him.

Needless to say.....we wont be players in free agency much after that transaction.

I was on spotrac/nfl and they had a function to play GM. 

Releasing TT and Glenn along with 3 restructurings the Bills will have $55 mill in cap space.   

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was on spotrac/nfl and they had a function to play GM. 

Releasing TT and Glenn along with 3 restructurings the Bills will have $55 mill in cap space.   

Releasing TT would be a given in this situatiojn......Glenn.....something needs to be done there if he is at all healthy...we need to PROTECT our qb

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Releasing TT would be a given in this situatiojn......Glenn.....something needs to be done there if he is at all healthy...we need to PROTECT our qb

Release TT and Glenn and the Bills have  $43.6 Mil in cap room.  ~ $12.8m savings  

Restructure the following the Cap is $50.737 M.   ~ $19.88m savings  

1. Released Tyrod Taylor
    (Saved: $9,440,000)
  2. Released Cordy Glenn
    (Saved: $3,350,000)
  3. Restructured Jerry Hughes 
    (Saved: $2,717,500)
  4. Restructured Charles Clay 
    (Saved: $1,792,500)
  5. Restructured LeSean McCoy 
    (Saved: $2,580,000)

Glenn was injured and missed a bunch of time.   I’m not a fan of seeing him go.   

Even $30 mil for a QB leaves $25 mil.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Release TT and Glenn and the Bills have  $43.6 Mil in cap room.  ~ $12.8m savings  

Restructure the following the Cap is $50.737 M.   ~ $19.88m savings  

1. Released Tyrod Taylor
    (Saved: $9,440,000)
  2. Released Cordy Glenn
    (Saved: $3,350,000)
  3. Restructured Jerry Hughes 
    (Saved: $2,717,500)
  4. Restructured Charles Clay 
    (Saved: $1,792,500)
  5. Restructured LeSean McCoy 
    (Saved: $2,580,000)

We start doing this with guys like Glenn we better totally be hitting on our draft picks