Eric Wood “retirement” press conference

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

So the answer to my hypothetical is “spare me the touch feely.” Got it.

I am of the opinion that little is lost on players on the team and around the league. There are right ways and better ways to do things. 

As for that cap space,  it certainly was already allocated to begin with when they signed Wood to the deal. Now it’s “found money”and I get that it’s an asset to be used strategically. Perhaps they can free up that cap space in another way. 

simply put.

Honor is lost on some folks. And revered by others.
more and more we see the phrase." its a business" thats the shame of the world today

46 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

It's actually my wife!

pretty hot for such and old chick :D

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big C said:

You can't say this when you don't know whether to use their, there or they're.

I own and run a company. I got my ‘there’s’ down quite well. 

What I don’t do is proofread something for an internet message board. 

I only proofread when I care about what the audience thinks of me. I do not care of what people here think of me. 

I realize i used the wrong ‘there’ earlier on, but one thing I’ve learned is that semantics on a message board ain’t worth my time....cause it’s a freaking message board.

37 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

She's asked about her choice of footwear before she left for the conference - asked if they looked ok and I said "yes, but what do I know about women's fashion"

you are wise to say yes. She looked just fine Tommy

11 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

simply put.

Honor is lost on some folks. And revered by others.
more and more we see the phrase." its a business" thats the shame of the world today

So true. That’s what I meant when I said there are right ways and then better ways to do things. Honorably is always the better way in my book. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I only proofread when I care about what the audience thinks of me. I do not care of what people here think of me. 

I realize i used the wrong ‘there’ earlier on, but one thing I’ve learned is that semantics on a message board ain’t worth my time....cause it’s a freaking message board.

you seem tense.
you did miss the there. of course I noticed. But who am i to correct another for spelling and punctuation ? Right? i am the worstest.
 but being conscientious and courteous serves us all well here. even a freaking message board needs respectful discourse Dude. you know that.
 let move on

5 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Thanks - she just got home from work and now she is self conscience :lol:.  Will never wear them again!!

well somehow you are likely in trouble for all this. did you feel the need to tell her one fool her ecommented on das bootsies ?? did you?

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So true. That’s what I meant when I said there are right ways and then better ways to do things. Honorably is always the better way in my book. 

I would like to think  so. Respect should be given at first ,earned if needed and then recognized for it's value to humanity.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Ah I see, high level business meetings getting in the way of your proofreading. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

The Tattoo parlor was very busy today. Lots of high level discussion going on!

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

you seem tense.
you did miss the there. of course I noticed. But who am i to correct another for spelling and punctuation ? Right? i am the worstest.
 but being conscientious and courteous serves us all well here. even a freaking message board needs respectful discourse Dude. you know that.
 let move on

well somehow you are likely in trouble for all this. did you feel the need to tell her one fool her ecommented on das bootsies ?? did you?

I would like to think  so. Respect should be given at first ,earned if needed and then recognized for it's value to humanity.

Very, very emotional too!

I am still trying to figure out why people think this looks bad on the Bills. Eric was the one that called the press conference. It's his agent fault that he never notified his client about what could happen with his remaining money. This should not have been news to Eric 15 mins before the conference. 

I'm a little disappointed in Eric if he is letting this ruin a great relationship. At the end of the day, he didn't earn that money. It's a bonus, it's not his salary. I'm sure we all can relate about not getting a bonus in our own workplace. Did Eric really think he is just owed all this money?  People get hurt all the time at their jobs that cost them money. 

Edited by Ittakestime

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I am still trying to figure out why people think this looks bad on the Bills. Eric was the one that called the press conference. It's his agent fault that he never notified his client about what could happen with his remaining money. This should not have been news to Eric 15 mins before the conference. 

I'm a little disappointed in Eric if he is letting this ruin a great relationship. At the end of the day, he didn't earn that money. It's a bonus, it's not his salary. I'm sure we all can relate about not getting a bonus in our own workplace. Did Eric really think he is just owed all this money?  People get hurt all the time at their jobs that cost them money. 

reaching perhaps. lets wait and see and wish for the best

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

There 100 million ways to free $3M in space.

Sure. By creating another roster hole, or kicking a cap hit down the road.  This is a funny response from you because you'd be the first guy hammering the Bills for mishandling the cap. So you want to waste a couple mil because you can't deal with with Wood retiring June 1 instead of now?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

What a Billsy mess.  So typical of this franchise...

I think they are actually handling this situation quite well, given the circumstances. 

Edited by MDFan
Misspelling.
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure. By creating another roster hole, or kicking a cap hit down the road.  This is a funny response from you because you'd be the first guy hammering the Bills for mishandling the cap. So you want to waste a couple mil because you can't deal with with Wood retiring June 1 instead of now?

They mishandled the cap by extending Wood.  They can't undo that, it was a bad extension.  

Kicking $3M down the road is a death sentence now?  Do you pay attention to the modern capology today?  

I'd love for you to point out 1 year in the last decade when the Bills didn't have $3M+ in cap space to spare.  Just one.  Otherwise, you're being an ass over chump change.

Edited by jmc12290

Just now, jmc12290 said:

They mishandled the cap by extending Wood.  They can't undo that, it was a bad extension.  

Kicking $3M down the road is a death sentence now?  Do you pay attention to the modern capology today?  

I'd love for you to point out 1 year in the last decade when the Bills didn't have $3M+ in cap space to spare.  Just one.  Otherwise, you're being an ass over chump change.

Its more than 3 million. 

24 minutes ago, Big C said:

No. As I stated this is a message board....it’s literally not important enough to proofread over. Calling people out over a grammatical error on a message board is so lame. 

I take it the C is for ‘c u next Tuesday.’ I get it.