Eric Wood “retirement” press conference

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Your kink is OK"

I see this kind of post here regularly.

It puzzles me.

If you don't care what people think of you why would one bother to post on a board?

That is what has been put out in the news, that the Bills are wanting Wood to repay some of his bonus money as he would have to do if he retired by personal choice

Ok thanks. Good to know I'm not totally off base there. 

Beane  learned his player relations from Gettlemen, which apparently where not great. Maybe time for the Pegulas to step in once again and cover for the embarrassment of a GM over his head.

I'm as cynical about Schopp as anyone, but he is friends with Wood so I would think he was going on some info he might of gotten directly from him today and not on a wild goose chase.

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is his Doctor Mr Coffee’s kid?   Dr Cappuccino???

Eric Wood is a Daddy Star-Bucks

58 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Beane  learned his player relations from Gettlemen, which apparently where not great. Maybe time for the Pegulas to step in once again and cover for the embarrassment of a GM over his head.

I'm as cynical about Schopp as anyone, but he is friends with Wood so I would think he was going on some info he might of gotten directly from him today and not on a wild goose chase.

apparently the transition from Brandon to Nix to Whaley to Beane is going swimmingly.........lol

Could you imagine the vitriol and bashing Whaley would be taking right now if he was still GM? Thank the Football Gods he had no hand in this. Somewhere Doug is enjoying a beer and having a smile.

PS: personally I give Beane a complete pass on this. He is a rookie GM, **** happens, and this is a good learning experience.

Edited by cba fan

OKay, it's 4:30 AM and I read through the last half of the thread  fairly quickly..but

1) Was so relieved to see PTR in here praising the Bills for EVERY move and calling Bills fans Negative Nancy's and whiners again, Think it may have been since New Years day we had a patented PTR post, thank goodness we got it in before January expired. 

2) Unless I missed it, we are devoid of counterbalancing post from Scott Law claiming this is further evidence of how McBeane are total idiots,  every decision they make is a joke, and for some reason, if Sammy was still on the team Eric would still be playing

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

This is ridiculous 

ORLY....

so looking at some of wawrow's tweets, this mess is on Wood, not on the Bills. Interesting. Wonder if the McBeane haters will walk back some of their stupid.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

well if you wish/want to be thorough about the matter. This was well done !

it is a awesome high jacking language to insult others, is it not? that was what the articles point was. I am sure you read it before pontificating again  :wub:

It's obvious YOU didn't read it.

It's all about how people use euphemisms in the name of politeness, and then later judge those very euphemisms as insults.

Far better to use direct language in the first place. But I'm sure you knew that.

Edited by joesixpack

42 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

It's obvious YOU didn't read it.

It's all about how people use euphemisms in the name of politeness, and then later judge those very euphemisms as insults.

Far better to use direct language in the first place. But I'm sure you knew that.

Well, i read most all of it. :D

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Your kink is OK"

I see this kind of post here regularly.

It puzzles me.

If you don't care what people think of you why would one bother to post on a board?

‘Why would a guy talk football?’ Oh my god. Really? Because I enjoy talking football some times. 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

it is a joke to treat a player like this.   other players will notice.  this is worse then you think 

Read Wawrow's tweets. The reason this was an abortion was Wood, NOT the Bills.

He didn't think through the consequences of announcing retirement, and called the press conference too soon. His agent called him like an hour before, and told him not to officially retire. So walk back the panic, and focus on the REAL issue here, mkay?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Read Wawrow's tweets. The reason this was an abortion was Wood, NOT the Bills.

He didn't think through the consequences of announcing retirement, and called the press conference too soon. His agent called him like an hour before, and told him not to officially retire. So walk back the panic, and focus on the REAL issue here, mkay?

panic ?  All the Bills had to say is we are going to follow the contract and pay you.  If this comes down to taking money back from Wood it is a disgrace and poorly played by Beane.  

What would the press be saying if this happened under Whaley's watch ? 

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

panic ?  All the Bills had to say is we are going to follow the contract and pay you.  If this comes down to taking money back from Wood it is a disgrace and poorly played by Beane.  

If they paid him a bonus (they did) They have the right to ask for a prorated amount of that bonus back. This isn't an uncommon situation.

9 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

As others have already said, this "press conference" debacle is all on Wood.

He should have canceled or postponed it until he had more time to make an announcement that actually made sense.

5 hours ago, cba fan said:

Eric Wood is a Daddy Star-Bucks

apparently the transition from Brandon to Nix to Whaley to Beane is going swimmingly.........lol

Could you imagine the vitriol and bashing Whaley would be taking right now if he was still GM? Thank the Football Gods he had no hand in this. Somewhere Doug is enjoying a beer and having a smile.

PS: personally I give Beane a complete pass on this. He is a rookie GM, **** happens, and this is a good learning experience.

You missed the pitch. Imagine if this was Tyrod last year who found a doctor to retire him with that hip and guaranteed money. This board would be brighter than the super moon.

• Like (+1) 1