Your favorite LARGE (i.e. nationwide or international) American corporation

I realize it's fashionable to rip on businesses nowadays, and I can agree that some are truly odious. But I also believe there are some that are doing things the right way, and making life better for people. Here's a thread to show your appreciation for those very businesses. My vote?

Costco, and it isn't even close. Anyone who's a costco member will probably share this opinion. Love the quality of their products and their prices are fantastic. The other weekend I picked up two pairs of jeans (Calvin Klein and Lucky) for less than 50 bucks. But it isn't just about the prices, it's about the service. Any interaction I've ever had with their employees has been fantastic. It's clear they take good care of their people, and the service is the result.

Who's got your vote?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Enterprise Holdings, but more specifically National Car Rental. Always awesome customer service , also seems like a great place for so many to launch a career and it shows in how the employees treat customers. The "aisle" was such a great idea. Always awesome getting me items back that I leave in cars.

my wife's parents absolutely love costco.  if there was one a bit closer to me, i'd be a member.  i think i hear about that place once a week.  

my favorite larger corps are wegmans, (even though it's over priced) and home depot, (always thought they were great in the customer service dept).

out of all larger corps, i absolutely can't stand uhaul, but i think that's another thread.

I'm not a freak for it, but Apple revitalized my music interest with the iPod beyond belief, and that iPhone is pretty good as well.

and Starbucks for making mornings worth living again.

But not quite all that dramatic

Sturm, Ruger & Co. (Ruger)

BPS Direct, LLC (Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas)

Chick-fil-A

Wegman's

Craft Brew Alliance (Redhook, Widmer Bros)

Popeye's would have been on the list but they got sold to a Canadian corporation <_<

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I realize it's fashionable to rip on businesses nowadays, and I can agree that some are truly odious. But I also believe there are some that are doing things the right way, and making life better for people. Here's a thread to show your appreciation for those very businesses. My vote?

Costco, and it isn't even close. Anyone who's a costco member will probably share this opinion. Love the quality of their products and their prices are fantastic. The other weekend I picked up two pairs of jeans (Calvin Klein and Lucky) for less than 50 bucks. But it isn't just about the prices, it's about the service. Any interaction I've ever had with their employees has been fantastic. It's clear they take good care of their people, and the service is the result.

Who's got your vote?

Costco pays its employees well.   That’s probably the difference.   I know a guy whose worked there his whole life has a Benz and a house and seems pretty happy.  

I like MGM grand, Texas Roadhouse, and the NBA. 

in Rochester it was BJ's.   In Va its Sam's. 

I tried Costco for a year but it seemed every time I went there on a schedule convenient to me  on a weekend the store was closing in 15 minutes.  

Saturday hours 

9:30 AM - 6:00 PM Costco 

9:00 AM - 8:30 PM Sams

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Uber. 

Aside from giving drunks a cheap and convenient ride home, it is providing jobs/opportunities for people in poor countries and all sorts of economic situations.

I'd agree with this one, BUT it looks like in about 5-10 years, not so much.